Are Demos working?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AlleyTheToaster
x4

Are Demos working?

Post by AlleyTheToaster » Wed, 3. May 23, 09:45

I saw you can download Demos for older games. And download links don't work for me. For neither of the games. Can anybody point me out, if I am doing something wrong or link is actually dead? Maybe I have something on my browser that blocks the download?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Are Demos working?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 3. May 23, 09:49

It's really hard to answer such a vague question! Which games and where are you trying to download them from?

AlleyTheToaster
x4

Post by AlleyTheToaster » Wed, 3. May 23, 09:51

https://www.egosoft.com/download/x/demos_en.php

Right here. None of these Demo download links work for me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 3. May 23, 10:08

You're right. None of the downloads seem to do anything. I've asked someone to investigate why.

AlleyTheToaster
x4

Post by AlleyTheToaster » Wed, 3. May 23, 10:13

Alright! Cheers. I was excited to see demos for these old games. Hopefully you fix it! Glad if I found a problem!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 3. May 23, 10:20

If you want to download them while we're working on sorting it out, it seems to work if you use Firefox rather than Chrome to click on the link.

AlleyTheToaster
x4

Post by AlleyTheToaster » Wed, 3. May 23, 10:43

Oh okay, downloaded from Edge. But it gave me like 3 warnings that file is not safe. I think you should look into that.Cuz I doubt this demo is a virus.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 3. May 23, 11:05

We don't need to look into it; we already know why it says that. It's because it's an http link rather than an https one, and it's the same reason that the download doesn't work in Chrome. Once we've fixed one, the other will be fixed too. :)

AlleyTheToaster
x4

Post by AlleyTheToaster » Wed, 3. May 23, 12:09

Cheers! Seems to be working on Chrome now too! Now only, X BtF and X-tension demo itself don't seem to be working or even if works it works really weird. I would guess I should run it on Windows98 emulation? I'll mess around with it later. I am not very smart with this PC stuff ngl. I am just really curious about this demo stuff. Simply because nostalgia.

Return to “Off Topic English”