Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 29. Feb 24, 09:40

I really wonder what their angle is? they must realise that a president or former president who is immune, will do a lot of damage. doesn't really make sense. While Trump will see this as a major victory. I really think SCOTUS has simply lost their minds.

In other news, Illinois court bars Trump from primaries. So they have disregarded the SCOTUS ruling then? As I thought the SCOTUS ruling over rides the state rules? still, its going to be interesting if Trump's team tries to take this back to SCOTUS. Either the ruling that they make is for all states, or it just forces one state to put him back on the ballot. Seems very messy.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 29. Feb 24, 16:52

So an appeal court judge has put a stay on Trump doing business in NY for 3 years, allowing him access to banks and bond companies. While this might be a small win for Trump, its not. I highly doubt any bank will loan him the money. After all, Trump will lose most of it, win or lose. So it would be hard for the bank to try and get their money back.

Which leaves Trump with saying now, he will be forced to sell buildings. And his lawyers are trying to get that tossed, as they are saying, win or lose, once the buildings are sold, Trump will not be able to get them back either. But the appeal court isn't interested. So, either he puts up the full amount, or his assets will be seized.

Even then, quite a few of his buildings are partly owned by another. So he might not have full ownership of all his buildings. So its really not looking good for him. And time is very much against him.

edit

Now the co founders of Truth social, is now accusing Trump of ripping them off. :lol: I mean come on, they should have known that Trump was a cheat, and a con. Yet they still went to business with him. Stupid fools.
=

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 01:24

Now trump is trying to delay paying E. Jean Carroll. Basically he want's every thing to happen after the election because it's his only real hope of weaseling out of stuff legally or otherwise.

The shoes trump sold for ~$399 haven't been made yet. There might also be a law suit by Louboutin for Trademark Infringement stopping the production of the shoes due to their red soles. Some say this may have been intentional in an effort not to have to produce the shoes and just take the money?

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 09:40

It seems that SCOTUS has thrown out half of Trump's immunity claim. yet they still want to hear the rest? seriously, this should never have gone to them in the first place.

Loose cannon will set a trial date for her case soon. I still don't trust her. Even though she has made rulings against Trump. But if she screws up, then it will go to appeal. Then she will be on thin ice.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 13:17

Loose cannon has done it again. Not only has she said that the proposed trial date of July is out of the question. And he bias is clear to see. afterall, she did originally set a date of May. I wish the DOJ would stop pampering her and send her to the court of appeals. She lacks experience. and also has real bias. And not setting a trial date yet, just seems she is again doing Trump's bidding. So this case is going to get derailed. What is heavens name is wrong with the bloody US justice system? When it can't hold a former president to account for his many crimes? SCOTUS has seemed to have some what saved him from the other case. Now, Cannon has yet to set a trial date and it might be who knows when. I am starting to think, its not just judges who are incompetent, but the DOJ as well. There been a few rulings from Cannon that could have been appealed, but the DOJ hasn't.

In other news, Trump has one week left to pay E Carroll, but what happens if he doesn't I'm not sure. But it looking like, he not interested in paying her, or can appeal it. Then in a few weeks time, the NY fruad case money will be due. I'm hoping AG James will then be as good as her word, and starting taking buildings away from him. And start crippling his income. Then maybe, he will have real money problems, and start draining every coffers he can get his hands on. Which then means, he won;t have money to hire any more stupid laywers who are desperate to keeping this POS out of prison. One can hope, come November, Trump will be penniless and not able to campaign or be fit for office.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 11:53

He was never fit for office to begin with. But neither the GOP nor their voters give a rats ass. It's a power grab, that's all they're interested in. You see, while this orange stain may be center stage of all the mess they're creating, he's just a tool of their plans to seize control of all levels of government.

At best case, it's power for the sake of power. But more likely, its furtherance of a white nationalist agenda. The GOP has been clamoring for establishment of a dictatorship in the US for quite some time and they're doubling down on this crack pot because he nearly got them there and believe he can still make it happen. It's no coincidence that their ideology is cheered by white supremacist groups and the likes of Putin. ****** Carlson didn't just create a propaganda piece for Putin cuz he thought he would have a pleasant vacation in Russia. Neither are GOP controlled school districts having good ol' fashioned book burnings and rewriting US history for kicks. Not to mention the various state's attempts at passing laws to make it legal to kill black and brown people for no reason other than them being within your line of sight.

The GOP has always been the problem and will continue to be the problem so long as they exist.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 15:21

Looks like Trump.org CFO, Allen Weisselberg is going to plead guilty to perjury charges. So, he has finally stopped protecting Trump? and may start admitting his guilt and Trump.org's wrong doing (maybe?) Up to now, he has fallen on his sword for Trump. So looks like the pressure to turn was getting too much for him.

Also, in other news, looks like Trump's campaign is starting to have major cash issues. Even the staffers are now been told to tighten their belts and claim less expenses. Just a pity that their so called leader doesn't do the same, and reduce his lawyer costs. And other expenses. Which means, they are going broke :lol:

Also, the RNC are trying to pass some emergency measures, so that they don't end up paying his legal fees again. (then again, bankrupting them, wouldn't be a bad idea.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 16:38

Breaking,

So SCOTUS has ruled 9 - 0 in favour of keeping the traitor on the ballot, and overriding state law to kick him off. While sadly, I was expecting this, it shows there is something very wrong with the constitution, and SCOTUS as a whole. It then voids the 3A section of the 14 amendment. A sad day in US history. Now, I'm even more concerned if they vote for giving him immunity. If they do, then US democracy is at death's door.
=

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 18:44

matthewfarmery wrote:
Mon, 4. Mar 24, 16:38
So SCOTUS has ruled 9 - 0 in favour of keeping the traitor on the ballot...
Given that Trump has never been convicted of insurrection, there was no basis for removing him from the ballot in the first place. SCOTUS did its job correctly from what I can see. As for democracy being at death's door, I'm not sure it was ever alive to begin with.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 19:18

matthewfarmery wrote:
Breaking,

So SCOTUS has ruled 9 - 0 in favour of keeping the traitor on the ballot, and overriding state law to kick him off. While sadly, I was expecting this, it shows there is something very wrong with the constitution, and SCOTUS as a whole. It then voids the 3A section of the 14 amendment. A sad day in US history. Now, I'm even more concerned if they vote for giving him immunity. If they do, then US democracy is at death's door.
As much as I dislike Trump, I think this was the right call. Taking him off the ballot in states Biden was likely to win anyways would only have made Trump more of a martyr in the eyes of some, and may tip the balance towards him in swing states.

Plus, I think the bar for insurrection needs to be higher than making an incendiary speech. If it was an actual military operation given the full blessing by Trump with full-on hostilities, or Trump giving explicit orders for an assault, then there is a much more clear constitutional case for disqualifying Trump from the ballot.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 20:35

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 4. Mar 24, 19:18
matthewfarmery wrote:
Breaking,

As much as I dislike Trump, I think this was the right call. Taking him off the ballot in states Biden was likely to win anyways would only have made Trump more of a martyr in the eyes of some, and may tip the balance towards him in swing states.

Plus, I think the bar for insurrection needs to be higher than making an incendiary speech. If it was an actual military operation given the full blessing by Trump with full-on hostilities, or Trump giving explicit orders for an assault, then there is a much more clear constitutional case for disqualifying Trump from the ballot.
I'm betting the jan 6 trial will put forward evidence of him coordinating with those whackydo "militias". I seriously doubt there would be an indictment just over his speech.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 09:58

The thing is, SCOTUS basically kicked the can back to congress to decide if he can remain on the ballot. Under the current congress, nothing will happen. But didn't congress also say, that it was up to the courts to decide? I was expecting them to rule like this. But I still don't agree with the decision. So it basically stops states from deciding if someone can or can not be on the ballot. But I think the constitution as a whole needs major reform, And that is also unlikely to happen.
=

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 10:12

matthewfarmery wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 09:58
So it basically stops states from deciding if someone can or can not be on the ballot.
Not true according to what I read.

SCOTUS ruling confirms that States are free to use insurection law to block people from State Office, just not Federal Office - that's a task for Federal body like Congress.
That's actually quite good ruling that makes clear what's State and what Federal competences are.

9 to 0 ruling is the biggest F you to Congress that SCOTUS could ever make :)
It's not the fault of SCOTUS that Congress is a mess - if you're voter then the fault and responsibility will be on you next election.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 14:12

this should just be a federal law, which I am guessing it is not.

if it were the courts could easily confirm it
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 15:10

ehhh.. the constitution is law. As a mater of fact, per the constitution, states have sole discretionary power over elections, not the federal government - any laws they pass that say who can or can't be on a state's ballot would be unconstitutional.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 17:56

So, Trump is yet again trying to delay E Carroll's payment, and saying he will put up a 24 million bond. Oh course E Carroll's lawyer is having none of that, and neither is the judge. And the judge has also said, there aren't any post trial paperwork yet. (so no appeal) So that window is getting smaller. I doubt he will pay, but will be interesting to see what happens when the time is up? Probably a meltdown if things happen against him, maybe a property could be snatched from his grasp until he pays?

But he doesn't have long, then there is the biggy to come. And that will certainly make him meltdown.
=

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 23:36

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 15:10
ehhh.. the constitution is law. As a mater of fact, per the constitution, states have sole discretionary power over elections, not the federal government - any laws they pass that say who can or can't be on a state's ballot would be unconstitutional.
I am having hard time correlating why 14th amendment doesn't apply.

Scotus to me at least appears to say there's no law to remove such person
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 11:18

fiksal wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 23:36
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 15:10
I am having hard time correlating why 14th amendment doesn't apply.

Scotus to me at least appears to say there's no law to remove such person
The other big issue is, if you read the transcript of what the judges said during the oral arguments, they didn't even acknowledge that J6 was an insurgence. They said it was a riot. Clearly none of them even read what a dictionary definition of "insurgence" even means. It was clear, they wouldn't rule against Trump. When they didn't even admit, what happened was that bad. And yet these people are suppose to have a good understanding of the law. And many terms.

So yes, it seems that 14A is null and void in their eyes. Congress won't do anything. And they kicked the bucket to the courts to decide. Which now, SCOTUS kicked it back.

There is something very wrong there. And what is more, Trump has shown he will pardon those who took part in J6, and even called them hostages. So, it should have been more then the speech that should have disqualified him, but giving aid and comfort his those that took part.

So yes, if the constitution is law, what didn't it apply here? What is more, Trump if he gets back into power will tear it in shreds. As he thinks he is above the law. So again, the constitution doesn't apply to him.

The problem I see is, the constitution is so out of date, it does need major revision. As it was written not for the modern age. While some amendments were fairly recently written.. I would say, if the constitution is to remain viable, it needs major changes. that also includes the gun laws.

But the problem is, the rich can skirt around these laws, and Trump has clearly shown, he is above the law for the most part.
=

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 14:05

Glad Jon Stewart is back as a weekly guest spot on the Daily Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIUIhcMzIgs

Their "report" as you'd call it, about the Supreme Court's ruling.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 19:43

Looks like Elon Musk might not bail out Donald Trump? Trump met with him and other supporters recently in an effort to get money.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-sa ... 14832.html

Nikki Haley Dropped out of the Republican race. Might give some votes to Biden. Not sure how Robert F. Kennedy entering the race as an independent will effect the presidential vote.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/nikki-haley-b ... 40461.html

Return to “Off Topic English”