Russia-Ukraine War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Re: Russia-Ukraine War?

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 23:56

By your definition it's OK to attack your neighbours sometimes as long as most of the times you just attack for retaliation?
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 02:05

I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you took to arrive at that conclusion, but that is not at all "my definition".
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 09:56

What are "the good" doing in the Golan or Palestinian territories.
Why were "the good" armed forces in Syria?
"The good" have also thrown Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, ... into chaos.
"The good" can deal a lot of mil. equipment and oil with US, and spew on human rights and women, and kill ppl.

What have "the bad" done that it is justified to bomb them back into medival and to sacrifice tens of thousands of people? How can someone find freedom when he can not fight for himself, or his land without intervere of others.

"The ugly" thing about war is that the lie dresses up the clothes of truth and is accepted, but not the naked truth. (Proverb, hope its correct, EN is not my mother language you know)

And those were just a few mistakes made in the last few decades.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 10:32

Whataboutism at its finest.

Did other countries have and had foreign policies with predatory goals or motivated by infantile adventurism? Sure. But if others rape women, that does not give me right to do the same, claiming others do it too?

In other news, Finland and Sweden received their ritualistic, yearly threat from Russia regarding their foreign policy regarding NATO - foreign diplomacy at its finest :roll:.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:50

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 22:18
Even most of the US's wars have been in retaliation for attacks.
Didn't take much brains to figure that out.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:25

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:50
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 22:18
Even most of the US's wars have been in retaliation for attacks.
Didn't take much brains to figure that out.
And yet, you still, somehow, interpreted that as me saying it's okay to start a war. :lol:
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:59

Exactly.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 20:05

It seems that a likely scenario would be an invasion of the Donbas (Link) and obviously Russian propaganda would frame it as a response to Western aggression. I wonder what Biden / NATO could do, if anything.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 10:22

notaterran wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 20:05
It seems that a likely scenario would be an invasion of the Donbas (Link) and obviously Russian propaganda would frame it as a response to Western aggression. I wonder what Biden / NATO could do, if anything.
Maybe you should know more background.
From Jack F. Matlock

And you know about Minsk II - Uno resolution 2202 ? Most US medias did not.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 05:33

notaterran wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 20:05

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... e-invasion

With certain political actors emboldened by US debacle(s) in ME and her weakness due to political tribalism + EU's chronic political impotence - I foresee that we who live in Europe are heading towards interesting times.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 22:14

Rumblings of war on the horizon? Hopefully not. As expected, Russian propagandists are working overtime:
White House press secretary Jen Psaki said on Friday the intelligence findings show Russia is also laying the groundwork through a social media disinformation campaign that frames Ukraine as an aggressor that has been preparing an imminent attack against Russian-backed forces in eastern Ukraine.
Link

And contingency plans for Europe, will they be enough?
The U.S. government has held talks with several international energy companies on contingency plans for supplying natural gas to Europe if conflict between Russia and Ukraine disrupts Russian supplies, two U.S. officials and two industry sources told Reuters on Friday.
Link
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:39

Since when does the CIA has reliable information? Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq anyone?

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 01:58

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:39
Since when does the CIA has reliable information? Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq anyone?
Bit colored by your anti-Americanism? Are organizations like Russia Today, Internet Research Agency or FSB more reliable sources according to you?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 06:17

Warenwolf wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 01:58
Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Bit colored by your anti-Americanism? Are organizations like Russia Today, Internet Research Agency or FSB more reliable sources according to you?
Don't waste your time. Dude refused to accept Putin tried to assassinate Navalny despite the entire world knowing otherwise. You'll not be able to convince fanatics of the truth.
rebellionpac.com

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 12:55

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 06:17

Don't waste your time. Dude refused to accept Putin tried to assassinate Navalny despite the entire world knowing otherwise. You'll not be able to convince fanatics of the truth.
:thumb_up:

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 13:59

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Warenwolf wrote:
Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Oh yes Reuters is the only truth......
Because you mentioned Navalny, why did Putin not try to kill him before when he was in prison :gruebel:

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 14:31

EGO_Aut wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 13:59
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Warenwolf wrote:

Because you mentioned Navalny, why did Putin not try to kill him before when he was in prison :gruebel:
Probably because Putin thought prison would be enough to silence Navalny. But who really knows what goes on in that psychopath's mind?
rebellionpac.com

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 14:41

For anyone who isn't aware of this story, Bellingcat managed to manoeuvre one of the (would-be) assassins into giving a detailed description of what had happened on the phone to Navalny himself, in addition to a lot of other very thorough evidence.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 16:52

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 14:31
EGO_Aut wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 13:59
Probably because Putin thought prison would be enough to silence Navalny. But who really knows what goes on in that psychopath's mind?
Possible.

If someone is killed in prison, then whodunit?
Random other inmate, but why? CIA sneaked in, through Russian security? Guards, by orders of Kreml?
Surely it is easier to frame some third party when the target is in the open?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 10:34

clakclak wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 19:06
EGO_Aut wrote:
Fri, 17. Dec 21, 20:46
[...]The assurance to forego a NATO presence on the Russian border, which had been given as compensation for the German unification and western reorientation of the former Warsaw Pact states, was nonchalantly "forgotten" on both sides of the Atlantic.
I have heard this a lot, but so far nobody was able to point out who gave this assurance or when it was given. Care to enlighten me?
Coming from the former GDR and thus having witnessed the process of reunification of Germany I am (or better 'was') under the same impression as proposed by EGO_Aut. However, my search for a "proof" for this surfaced this German article from 2015 that essentially states the contrary:
My English is much too limited to translate this on the whole. But in (very) short: There were statements "to not expand NATO to the east" - but those were seemingly limited to the eastern part of Germany and (maybe) only meant for a limited period of time (as part of the reunification). Those came down to one statement in the so-called "2+4-Treaty". At that time, it was seemingly completely out of scope, that other eastern nations/states could or would apply for a NATO-membership...
I don't know the website, the organization or the author and have not searched or validated the sources/footnotes. But the way those facts were portrayed... it does have the ring of truth to it (imho, though that might mean nothing :gruebel: ).

Return to “Off Topic English”