Biggest Monument to Racism in the US Coming Down

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Biggest Monument to Racism in the US Coming Down

Post by felter » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:47

If I stayed around there, I would be pretty happy to see the back of that statue, not just because of racism behind it but look at the pictures of it and all the vandalism it attracted. We had something similar here with a fountain that attracted a lot of vandalism, they knocked it down, and the vandalism went with it. The area looks a lot more respectful now, and I suspect the same will happen around the area where that statue stood.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 06:31

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 9. Sep 21, 23:37
typical revisionist history. But then again, the orange one is the same guy that thought we took control of airports from British forces during the American Revolution. Clearly, the guy knows all about history.
Best part is this:

"In Wednesday’s statement, Trump said that if Lee were to have commanded U.S. troops in Afghanistan, the country would have seen victory years ago."

He does realise that Lee *lost* his war, right?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 16:10

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 06:31
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 9. Sep 21, 23:37
typical revisionist history. But then again, the orange one is the same guy that thought we took control of airports from British forces during the American Revolution. Clearly, the guy knows all about history.
Best part is this:

"In Wednesday’s statement, Trump said that if Lee were to have commanded U.S. troops in Afghanistan, the country would have seen victory years ago."

He does realise that Lee *lost* his war, right?
An enemy commander, that lost a war, in charge of our troops, would have won our war? My head hurts...
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Return to “Off Topic English”