Good budget pen tablet with screen

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Good budget pen tablet with screen

Post by Axeface » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 14:34

I'm looking to get a pen tablet, its something i've wanted for a very long time but it needs to be cheap. I thought here might be a good place to ask, does anyone here know of any that have a low price but are still decent quality and accurate? It needs to be cheap because where I live we pay almost double for electronics.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Good budget pen tablet with screen

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 14:44

Define "budget". There might be a big difference between what you consider "budget" and what someone who knows what these devices normally cost considers "budget". :)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 21:23

Are you talking about a tablet with a pen (digitizer) or a tablet to draw digitally, like Wacom?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 04:43

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 14:44
Define "budget". There might be a big difference between what you consider "budget" and what someone who knows what these devices normally cost considers "budget". :)
A couple of hundred dollars will be the max. It doesnt HAVE to have a screen, but if theres some obscure cheap one that someone can recommend that would be great.
A drawing tablet Tamina, preferably with a screen.
Ide also just appreciate some general cues on which ones are good even if they are expensive, I just havent looked at tablets in over a decade so have no idea.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 13:05

For drawing? My daughter has had a couple of XP-PEN tablets a small no screen one and more recently an "Artist 15.6 PRO" tablet. She's very pleased with it. It's a budget screened tablet but still the best part of £400. The non screened one was a XP-PEN STAR 03 which was about £40 was good enough for a couple of years.
A flower?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 15:10

That makes it no cheaper than the Wacom One Creative Pen Display, which is also pretty decent. There are also Wacom One tablets without screens that come in for under £50, but I've no idea what they're like to use.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 15:44

Thanks for the replies. I found the XP-PEN STAR 03 here for $70 so thats a good option. Theres also a Wacom One Ctl472 S Black for $60 and various 'intuos' for about 100. And yeh the Artist 15.6 PRO is available here but its $800.
I thought that the screen tablets for drawing would have gone down in price by now :evil: Things like kindle tablets are basically the same damn thing!

Thanks again.

Return to “Off Topic English”