Google Slides vs Microsoft Powerpoint

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warenwolf
x4

Google Slides vs Microsoft Powerpoint

Post by Warenwolf » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 12:01

This one is related to my current work - in this and coming years I will need to "mass produce" presentations. When I say mass produce, I mean I will hold presentations in different settings where sometimes I will rely on Slides and sometimes on the MS Powerpoint for production and presentation, together with different teams.

Has anyone any experience regarding how good quality is between conversions from one file format to another? So if I produce something in Google Slides and export it locally as ppt file, will there be misalignment or similar errors when I open it in MS Powerpoint.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Google Slides vs Microsoft Powerpoint

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 12:11

I suspect that you can never be totally sure until you try out all the different slide formats that you are likely to use; random examples being tables, special character fonts, diagrams, pie/bar charts, graphs, animations, embedded video clips, imports from other apps, special slide transitions, slide build layering, etc. As you obviously have both applications available, why not mock up some relevant slides and see?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Google Slides vs Microsoft Powerpoint

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 05:11

Google doesn't play by standards for formatting XML document types so its likely there will never be a perfect conversion between Office and google's junk. Your best bet is to use office.com to do your presentations if you don't have access to the desktop client.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Return to “Off Topic English”