June 10 2021 Blade Runner 2049

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Incubi
xr

June 10 2021 Blade Runner 2049

Post by Incubi » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 05:02

Is a day to watch Blade Runner 2049. It is a little geeky but I enjoy geeky. The date is directly tied to the major plot of the movie. Thought I would share. Not sure if I should get into details or not...

HSOLO78

Re: June 10 2021 Blade Runner 2049

Post by HSOLO78 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:19

Hello Incubi,
June 10 is my birthday and I got my family to watch the movie without telling them about the date. Boy, were they surprised! It was such an awesome experience watching the best movie ever on my birthday knowing such a date is part of it. One of the most underrated movies of all time.
I wish you all the best!

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:46

That's awesome! Good job.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:56

Are we sure its June 10 and not 6th of October? :P

MFG

Ketraar

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 12:42

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:56
Are we sure its June 10 and not 6th of October? :P

MFG

Ketraar
Haha very funny :p I did find out that that it was released on October 6th 2017. So I guess it could be a never ending debate like whether Joi felt real love or not. So my Solution is...

Oh Darn I guess I have to watch it on October 6th 2021 again just in case! Such a shame. heh

PS. My thoughts on Joi is that on purchase she is the same for everyone: but once activated, her experiences allow her to grow beyond the basic programming. emotions can be simulated with programing in a world where we can create androids. But that is all OT or I'd get deeper into it. But my favorite subject out of that movie. An android and his holographic lover... I loved it so much that I hope it becomes a trope.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 13:25

Incubi wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 12:42
Oh Darn I guess I have to watch it on October 6th 2021 again just in case! Such a shame. heh
In solidarity I shall do it too, so you dont have to suffer alone. ;-)
Incubi wrote:
emotions can be simulated with programing in a world where we can create androids.
I think the whole point of Joi, k and frankly the movie itself, is to question the notion of what is simulated and what makes us claim to be "better" then AI/Androids/Other. Technically speaking all our emotions and thoughts are as much electrical impulses as any software, we just had a much longer development cycle (still lots of bugs though).

Following Brian Green's statement about how physics wont allow for free will, it would not be a stretch to assume that the only real difference between us and AI is programming (not implying any divine intervention though).

Joi's character is the most interesting for me, her arc is very interesting and I really liked that "she" was allowed to die, the ultimate proof that "she" lived, aka was "real".

MFG

Ketraar

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 06:58

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 28. Jun 21, 13:25
Incubi wrote:
In solidarity I shall do it too, so you dont have to suffer alone. ;-)
Incubi wrote:
emotions can be simulated with programing in a world where we can create androids.
I think the whole point of Joi, k and frankly the movie itself, is to question the notion of what is simulated and what makes us claim to be "better" then AI/Androids/Other. Technically speaking all our emotions and thoughts are as much electrical impulses as any software, we just had a much longer development cycle (still lots of bugs though).

Following Brian Green's statement about how physics wont allow for free will, it would not be a stretch to assume that the only real difference between us and AI is programming (not implying any divine intervention though).

Joi's character is the most interesting for me, her arc is very interesting and I really liked that "she" was allowed to die, the ultimate proof that "she" lived, aka was "real".

MFG

Ketraar
Glad to not suffer alone! And that is an interesting take on Joi. Thank You.

Return to “Off Topic English”