Well, what a deeply unpleasant week this has been.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ThommoHawk
x4

Re: Well, what a deeply unpleasant week this has been.

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 15:06

Hi PJ - hope things work out, fingers crossed. Always read your posts when I visit here, thanks for all your input over the many years and hope they continue for long times to come. :)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 17:45

Hope you are doing well pjknibbs. Did they tell you if yours is a curable type or a managed type?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 17:53

The doctor is pretty sure the tumour will be gone after the chemo is all done and dusted.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 18:41

Let's hope it buggers off completely.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 00:32

pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 17:53
The doctor is pretty sure the tumour will be gone after the chemo is all done and dusted.
That's absolutely awesome news, and doubtless said by the doctor from an objective viewpoint.

If I were you, I'd take a six month sabbatical when you're fully recovered, buy a camper van, and just go where the wind blows you.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 08:53

Well, washing hair this morning and starting to see it coming out...obviously, that was expected, but it still makes it feel more real when it actually happens.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 06:50

pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 17:53
Great news! Now take it easy and try and relax.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 14:38

Well, that's the second chemo session done and dusted. TBH, if it wasn't for the open wound in my belly that's still there from the unpleasantness back in May, and the large clumps of hair I dig out of the plughole after washing my hair, I'd never notice there was much of anything going on...certainly this entire experience is a lot less unpleasant than I was led to believe it might be.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 16:04

I'm glad that you are on top of the disease and treatments and that the prognosis is so favourable. Show the world that you laugh in the face of this cancer and thereby give hope to so many others. :thumb_up:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 05:27

This second chemo session has done a real number on my fatigue levels--night before last, of the 13 hours between 5pm and 6am, I was asleep for 11 of them!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 07:02

Well, they say sleep is a good healer!

Is the second session out of an abundance of caution or have they further ones planned as well? Channelling Rip Van Winkle will be on the cards by the next one! :)

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 10:18

The full programme is six sessions, Gavrushka--one wouldn't be close to enough. I won't be done with chemo until mid-October.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 12:38

Ah, was my misunderstanding. I'd picked up on you mentioning the doctors had said one cycle should see it cured, and hadn't appreciated that meant six sessions! Apologies.

Just got back from the Clinical Decisions Unit in Darlington where mum has had a biopsy done on her breast cancer. - The surgeon, Miss Donolon, was amazing, and explained why the treatment she was on had stopped working. - Essentially the treatment had killed the 'dominant' oestrogen strain, but that had allowed a hidden second strain to take over, and now they're identifying what that is so she can start on a new treatment. (She's in a bad state at the minute.)

The upshot: oncologists and their staff in the UK are simply amazing. - I'm sure you feel the same degree of confidence that your treatment is the gold standard as my mother (aged 83) does.

I just hope the generation that never has to worry about cancer has already been born.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 13:18

All the best for your mother, Gavrushka. My own mother and oldest sister both survived breast cancer, albeit they were both somewhat younger at the time!

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:14

My friend who is just coming to the end of his chemo found it got progressively more knackering, sorry to say.
He has a routine where he does a weeks worth of food shopping the morning of his chemo day, so he's set up for long enough to recover.

I hope it isn't the case for you, I really do. And that it sorts you out too.

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:36

Rug wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:14
My friend who is just coming to the end of his chemo found it got progressively more knackering, sorry to say.
It seems to come and go. Last night I was fine, but I'm feeling more fatigued today.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:54

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:36
Rug wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:14
It seems to come and go. Last night I was fine, but I'm feeling more fatigued today.
Hang in there buddy.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 00:33

Sorry PJ not been following this thread, I hope everything works out for you.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 16:03

pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 13:18
All the best for your mother, Gavrushka. My own mother and oldest sister both survived breast cancer, albeit they were both somewhat younger at the time!
Thank you. I hope you're continuing to improve, even though I appreciate you'll feel pretty fatigued now. - I just wish we could have a more proactive system for catching cancer sooner, because in so many cases it strikes so subtly in the early instances that it can be very advanced by the time medical aid is sought.

Mum isn't doing too good at the minute, and the oncologists are looking at full on chemotherapy for her now as the cancer is no longer oestrogen receptive. - Thing is, and this is a huge frustration, they didn't consider this option earlier because they thought her heart wasn't strong enough without ever checking it prior to making the decision. - The doctor assumed her heart was weak because of an issue 6 years ago! Anyhow, now she's going for a heart scan (have to do it with nuclear gubbins cos her skin is too knackered by the cancer for the other surface monitor option.) - In two weeks, we'll know if there's a treatment available (she had her genetic blood test thingy today to see if there's an issue with chemo there too.) - I'll post here what's happening, but please us informed on how your treatment is going. - It'll be good to relate positive news to mum as she sets off down a similar road.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 05:16

Bummer, Gavrushka...let's hope the news is good.

I had my third chemo session Monday and I'm not actually too bad at the moment as far as fatigue is concerned. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Return to “Off Topic English”