Installation of Windows 10 on a new Hard drive

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Installation of Windows 10 on a new Hard drive

Post by euclid » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:35

I'm glad you got it up an running Oldman.

One thing you want to check is somewhere under the update options, It is enabled "public" by default and allows updates to be drawn from your computer. I've disabled that. Also concerning the MS account: As you may be aware Windows 10 is connected to your hardware which mean any future changes of the Mobo, CPU etc. will invalidate your OS unless you have attached it to an MS account.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 17:33

Run a hard drive test and maybe a short memory test.

M.2 drives sometime disappear/appear and do weird stuff for people sometimes. I'd wait a while to put stuff on it that's not backed up and important.

press windows key + x and click on settings. Updates and security and delivery optimization. Euclid is talking about allow downloads from other pcs. Can also disable updates for 5 or 6 weeks in the Window Update section.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 19:42

Hi :)

euclid wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:35
I'm glad you got it up an running Oldman.

One thing you want to check is somewhere under the update options, It is enabled "public" by default and allows updates to be drawn from your computer. I've disabled that. Also concerning the MS account: As you may be aware Windows 10 is connected to your hardware which mean any future changes of the Mobo, CPU etc. will invalidate your OS unless you have attached it to an MS account.

Cheers Euclid
*Sigh* looks like I'll have to have a Microsoft account then at some time, they have got everything covered. :roll:

Thank's for the info. :)

Oldman :)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 21:22

should point out that the update sharing is for windows 10 pcs on your local network. It's not shared on the web unless you specifically enable that. The purpose is to speed up downloading updates for folks that have multiple devices and to save some ineterwebs bandwidth. If you have more than 1 windows 10 device in your home, especially if you have a metered internet connection, id leave it on.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Return to “Off Topic English”