Dyson Sphere Program

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Dyson Sphere Program

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 03:45

Anybody else playing it?

It's taken over my life.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Dyson Sphere Program

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 07:16

Precisely the games I try to avoid, because they're too seductive. I watched the promotional videos when it released, and was very, very tempted. - Unfortunately, I simply can't surrender to such a distraction right now... RuneScape did for me for the better part of a year, and I could see that doing the same. I take it the guns are for projecting matter/gathering resource aid, and not a warfare element?

Love the music playing with the videos...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 21:01

Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 17. Feb 21, 07:16
Unfortunately, I simply can't surrender to such a distraction right now.
This was my motivation to avoid too,. looks interesting though.
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 21:34

Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 17. Feb 21, 07:16
I take it the guns are for projecting matter/gathering resource aid, and not a warfare element?
Yup. I'm not sure what there plans are but as of now there's no combat element to it at all. Interestingly though I have noticed that my "mecha" (essentially your avatar that you can enhance with tech) has a notion of "hit points".
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 21:44

could be for things like natural disaster, I have seen a few survival building simulators with no combat but still have HP on stuffs. Like if you have a thunderstorms it's used to simulate the deterioration on your stuffs and your ability to repair them in time.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 14:55

Most of the guys whose gameplay videos I may watch, are either playing this or playing Valheim. It looks awfully like Factorio, a game that I just couldn't get into so I doubt I would like this one, Valheim I do like the look of. I do like Satisfactory, which is kind of the same game except a massive open world and first perspective, so it must be the point and click overhead aspect of I don't like.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Jacob68

Post by Jacob68 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 09:32

I haven't heard about this game before, but you came in handy because I was looking for something to play in. I've read a description and understood that it's just what I've been looking for. I got interested in X Universe games only because they are about space, and I didn't even know that it would drag me down. Dyson Sphere Program is something similar to it. At least, it contains everything I want to see in a perfect sci-fi game. It will let me feel like I'm one of the space agency astronauts participating in the NASA Moon mining program. Btw, this sci-fi game isn't that science-fiction as you see :D Who knows, perhaps, Moon mining is just the beginning, and soon we'll start mining other planets:?

Return to “Off Topic English”