Sport

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

Re: Sport

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 02:19

Not exactly following Snooker as a sport, but the BBC sport page mention it enough that I have somewhat a passing knowledge of it.

Just saw today Ronnie got knocked out by an 18 years old who turned professional in March. What makes this piece of news jump out is because just last month Ronnie himself said this:
"If you look at the younger players coming through, they are not that good really. Most of them would do well as half-decent amateurs, not even amateurs. They are so bad.

"A lot of them you see now, you look at them and think, 'I would have to lose an arm and a leg to fall out of the top 50'. That is why we are still hovering around, because of how poor it is down that end."
It feels like after hearing he said that, the Karma god thought "Mr. Sullivan, you should sit down and reflect on yourself". :rofl:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 04:54

So ... football this season has been ... pretty crazy.

Real Madrid just got rinsed today by a Ukrainian team (Shaktar) that missed 10+ players due to Covid. :rofl:

Even more crazy is that fact the game still went ahead despite one of the team had such an outbreak. WTF!?!? :rant:

Premeir league is pretty wild, seem most of the top teams forgot how to defend. :doh:

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 08:39

Something of an annual event for me over the last few years has been to watch the IPL (Indian Premier League.) It's a shortened format of the cricket game (20 over limit per side) and features many of the world's best players, combined with the cream of Indian talent. - Due to Covid, this year's competition has been held in UAE, and without crowds, but it's been frenetic to date. Eight teams play each other twice, and the top four go through to the knockout stage. The competition is now in the final stages of the group games, and Jofra Archer & Jonny Bairstow have been the standout English internationals to date, but Stokes, Buttler, Curran and Morgan have all had their moments. And there's a great mix of players from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the West Indies too.

It may not be a game that appeals to cricketing 'purists,' the pace and atmosphere being totally different to test cricket. (Read that as the series *has* pace and atmosphere...)

Matches are held (UK time) at 3:00pm on Sky Sports cricket, with highlights/replays later in the evening, I believe.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

berth
x4

Post by berth » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 22:45

In Formula 1, Lewis Hamilton has wrapped up his 7th World Championship with a couple of races to go, equalling Michael Schumacher's long-standing record.
I don't particularly like the man but, as a driver, he is unbelievable. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it 8 or more.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 03:45

Liverpool lost 6th consecutive home game.
United end City 21 streak run, with the Sterling continue to drop value.

Today is a very good day. :D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:04

Giorgio Minisini is the first man to win the Italian championship of syncronized swimming (usually only women joined the contest).

I don't remember where we were talking about mixed sports, but after reading the news I thought to post it here.

Return to “Off Topic English”