i'm back.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiksal
x4

Re: i'm back.

Post by fiksal » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 20:03

Gandalf The White wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:00
i remember the one at the observatory in Manchester a little after xt was released we were all talking about x2 and what we wanted. my father drove me up from London i missed all but an hour of it lol. really annoying. now i'm getting back into the fold again am hoping there's another x-con where we borons can kick your split butts!!! seriously it would be cool to have another x-con have a few pints share a few war and trade stories and maybe some meetstakes
That'd be fun, and a good excuse for me to fly to Europe.

In X3 days, I was just a pirate, with no race, no face, and... no money.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 12:22

yup it sure would can't say it wouldn't because it would. so are the likes of steel, apothos, mercenary helge hope i speld his name right lol but are they still about?
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:13

Welcome back. Steel has posted recently, and I talked to Helge in person last weekend so I can definitely vouch for his continued existence! The others you mention haven't been around for a while.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:26

nice to see you about cbj. it's nice to be back in the fold and to see that the whole ethos of the forum doesn't seem to have changed in that people are still really helpful like they used to be.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 23:49

Gandalf The White wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 12:59
hi all. i used to be daz many years ago. back in the xt and xbtf days when we borons were putting the boot into the split.
anyway thought would put a message out there to say hi and to see if anybody from the old days is about.
i'm playing x3AP at the moment although am doing it in a totally different way now. i lost what sight i had a few years ago and thought could never play these games again so i got rid of all my x games. boy that was painful i loved them. someone on the forum audiogames.net is in the process of writing scripts to help make the game much more accessible and it seems to be working. so yes i'm glad to be back in the seat again. ok it's not x4 but not sure we can do much with x4 not at this stage anyway.
so yup i am back so thought would drop in and say hi and hope some of the gang are still about.
Very sorry to hear about your sight, Daz, think it's great you've found a way to still enjoy the games and hope you still get a lot out of them. =)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 14:40

hi apothos yup it's definitely good to be back for sure. i've missed the game a great deal. it's good to see that the x series is still going although having read a few things a lot of people are saying not on here but elsewhere that x3AP is still the best by far at the moment.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 00:45

Yeah, can certainly see that point of view. I stopped at Terran Conflict, it's not really the same game we all enjoyed back in the day.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 11:43

well a lot of people were stopping at xt or even x2 because they didn't like how the menu's were getting to be more and more complex. i guess i can see that point of view. it's harder sometimes to navigate the menu's than it is to navigate the sectors lol.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 12:02

It's always nice to see a name from the good old days! I think a there were quite a few of the old guard popping back for a visit since X4 came out.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 16:04

yeah i do miss those days.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 10:04

Welcome back.

I remember your user name of Daz. Sorry to hear of the loss of your sight.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

carran
x4

Post by carran » Fri, 7. May 21, 10:54

Another "old guard" dipping toes back into the X Universe after nearly 5 years absence, 1998(?) long time since X-BTF days and the old THQ forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 11:11

Welcome back carran. Have you come back for X4 or X3FL, or both? :)

carran
x4

Post by carran » Fri, 7. May 21, 12:57

X3FL but I might dabble with X4..

Still time-poor which won't help

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 7. May 21, 22:07

Wb Daz :-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 18. May 21, 10:09

I remember reading your posts, welcome back and great to hear that you're still able to enjoy the games. I've since moved to the opposite side of this planet and had a break from the X games until relatively recently.
At the risk of being controversial, I think x3:AP is the peak of the X games so far so enjoy that! Trying to love X4 but not quite there yet, thinking about dusting off X2 again though.
Changed my forum name a very long time ago and can't even remember what it was when I first signed up!
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Return to “Off Topic English”