i'm back.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gandalf The White
x3

i'm back.

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 12:59

hi all. i used to be daz many years ago. back in the xt and xbtf days when we borons were putting the boot into the split.
anyway thought would put a message out there to say hi and to see if anybody from the old days is about.
i'm playing x3AP at the moment although am doing it in a totally different way now. i lost what sight i had a few years ago and thought could never play these games again so i got rid of all my x games. boy that was painful i loved them. someone on the forum audiogames.net is in the process of writing scripts to help make the game much more accessible and it seems to be working. so yes i'm glad to be back in the seat again. ok it's not x4 but not sure we can do much with x4 not at this stage anyway.
so yup i am back so thought would drop in and say hi and hope some of the gang are still about.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Re: i'm back.

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 14:02

Glad that you're back and able to play again. There's a few if us left from that era still kicking about.
A flower?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:39

I remember you, Daz--sorry to hear you lost your sight, I recall you having very poor vision back then. Glad to hear you're able to play the games still!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 17:37

nice to see you about nibs. who else is here? any stories like there used to be? a mercenaries tail? oh jees what was the other one? oh yes the rogue's series?
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 20:39

I haven't seen Steve Miller on here for ages but there is a Max Force playing Elite Dangerous :wink:
A flower?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 22:46

I am not sure we've crossed paths, though your nick rings a bell.

In any case, - welcome back! And I hope you can enjoy the games again
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 23:11

yeah i recognise both names. oh yes good old max force. hmmm and the enemy pirate name was? oh law or something like that wasn't it? that third instalment was really good. i remember when Steve was releasing those stories segment by segment. they were so good and was one of the highlights of the forum at that time.
yeah i am enjoying the game again. currantly selling meetstakes. from bakeries to trade stations. the person that is writing the scripts basically what they are doing is writing them so certain screens are output to textfiles. for example the trade screens. so we can see the prices of things with our screen readers. i'm using one called NVDA. i think the problem he's having at the moment is to get the trade system extention to work with a script. when using it with navsats by that i mean intersector uses. i'm hoping he can make the factory screen workable. especially changing the friend foe options etc.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 00:04

You should compare notes with CaplinCaplin. That could be mutually beneficial.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 16:41

hi,

yeah i think that's the guy that's writing the scripts am not sure though as uncertain as to what his forum name here is. but the dates do correspond to when we started playing x3tc and now AP.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 22:34

pjknibbs wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:39
I remember you, Daz--sorry to hear you lost your sight, I recall you having very poor vision back then. Glad to hear you're able to play the games still!
Ditto to what pj said, I remember you telling us your sight was going to fail. I wondered now and again what you were doing..infact just the other day I was looking at the first gathering of X fans, and the picts that were taken, saw your face and wondered ...Whats he up to.

Glad you can still play some X! and welcome back.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:02

thanks guys. so do we still have x-cons? or haven't they happened in a few years? i remember going to 1 of them.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 17:12

Gandalf The White wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:02
thanks guys. so do we still have x-cons? or haven't they happened in a few years? i remember going to 1 of them.
I am still hoping for one in North America

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:00

i remember the one at the observatory in Manchester a little after xt was released we were all talking about x2 and what we wanted. my father drove me up from London i missed all but an hour of it lol. really annoying. now i'm getting back into the fold again am hoping there's another x-con where we borons can kick your split butts!!! seriously it would be cool to have another x-con have a few pints share a few war and trade stories and maybe some meetstakes

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 07:13

Hello Daz. I remember you well. Good to hear from you!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 12:07

hi observe. you remember me? i'm trying to remember you unless you have changed your forum name?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 20:03

Gandalf The White wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:00
i remember the one at the observatory in Manchester a little after xt was released we were all talking about x2 and what we wanted. my father drove me up from London i missed all but an hour of it lol. really annoying. now i'm getting back into the fold again am hoping there's another x-con where we borons can kick your split butts!!! seriously it would be cool to have another x-con have a few pints share a few war and trade stories and maybe some meetstakes
That'd be fun, and a good excuse for me to fly to Europe.

In X3 days, I was just a pirate, with no race, no face, and... no money.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 12:22

yup it sure would can't say it wouldn't because it would. so are the likes of steel, apothos, mercenary helge hope i speld his name right lol but are they still about?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:13

Welcome back. Steel has posted recently, and I talked to Helge in person last weekend so I can definitely vouch for his continued existence! The others you mention haven't been around for a while.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:26

nice to see you about cbj. it's nice to be back in the fold and to see that the whole ethos of the forum doesn't seem to have changed in that people are still really helpful like they used to be.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 23:49

Gandalf The White wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 12:59
hi all. i used to be daz many years ago. back in the xt and xbtf days when we borons were putting the boot into the split.
anyway thought would put a message out there to say hi and to see if anybody from the old days is about.
i'm playing x3AP at the moment although am doing it in a totally different way now. i lost what sight i had a few years ago and thought could never play these games again so i got rid of all my x games. boy that was painful i loved them. someone on the forum audiogames.net is in the process of writing scripts to help make the game much more accessible and it seems to be working. so yes i'm glad to be back in the seat again. ok it's not x4 but not sure we can do much with x4 not at this stage anyway.
so yup i am back so thought would drop in and say hi and hope some of the gang are still about.
Very sorry to hear about your sight, Daz, think it's great you've found a way to still enjoy the games and hope you still get a lot out of them. =)

Return to “Off Topic English”