Metro Exodus Preview from RPS

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

muppetts
x3tc

Metro Exodus Preview from RPS

Post by muppetts » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 11:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pvd6TfC4M

I like the look, yes it certainly has a feel from others in the genre but looks polished and I will be straining to stick to my 6 Months + before purchase rule!
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

burger1
x3tc

Re: Metro Exodus Preview from RPS

Post by burger1 » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 17:13

muppetts wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 11:40
yes it certainly has a feel from others in the genre
AI wife = I was hoping she was gone I hated that part of Last Light. They seem to be straying from the Metro 2033 type gameplay/atmosphere (?) . Release date is February 15, 2019 so it's not that far away. No minimum pc specs listed but I don't think it will require brand new hardware.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:45

Is this Fallout 5?

Seriously, though - Is it a true "open world" game or sort of an episodic shooter?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 22:20

Morkonan wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 21:45
Is this Fallout 5?

Seriously, though - Is it a true "open world" game or sort of an episodic shooter?
I think it's sort of like Stalker. Semi open world. Possibly 5 areas with underground parts available.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 02:39

System requirements released. Minimum aren't that bad. i5-4440 , gtx 670/1050 , 2 gb v ram, 8 gb system ram

https://www.techpowerup.com/251855/syst ... n-included

https://www.techpowerup.com/img/l1HLpqPGcrvuoHBY.jpg

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 20:25

Metro Exodus has been pulled from Steam and will be sold exclusively by Epic Games store. Maybe not the best move.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/02/04/ ... giant-mess

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 20:47

Just as well give my opinion .... :)
From what I have read and seen ..It will be sorta semi (ish) open world in a linear sorta way with episodes of shooting like Stalker (if Stalker had been a semi open world linear episodic shooter) .... :P

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 21:12

burger1 wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 20:25
Metro Exodus has been pulled from Steam and will be sold exclusively by Epic Games store. Maybe not the best move.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/02/04/ ... giant-mess
This is... interesting.

What does it say about Steam's listing agreements and the like? I think that this might prompt Valve to rethink some of its contract terms. But, if they did that, would they suffer for requiring some sort of exclusive distribution agreement or, at the very least, a shared distribution if a product is listed and transactions are made?

Valve/Steam isn't hurting for money, but there is also the implied value of Steam's marketing platform. That value puts titles "in the face" of a pretty large audience and supports developers and their fanbases. In some cases, its audience is practically "captive," refusing to consider other distribution platforms. All of that has "value." Part of those provided services are likely based on the expectation of sales and their own cut from those sales. When a title is pulled and distributed on another platform with "no fault" on Valve/Steam's side of whatever contract exists, that would obviously impact Valve/Steam's earnings for those provided services.

Let's say I decide to make a game. It's gonna be awesome, with all kinds of awesomeness! OK, I get listed on Steam and I decide to buy into whatever marketing/spotlight program they have to really make my product more visible. I post all my junk on the provided discussion boards, put up stuff in the Community like cool screenshots and all that, get a bunch of people to put my product on their watchlist/whatever and, for months, promote my product as much as possible and gain as large an audience as I can. But, I'm canny and smart, too. I promote my own website and forums, create subreddits and link posts to them, encouraging participation there. I frequently direct inquiries for details to my website, encourage people to post on my website's forums, and start doing things like linking Steam accounts and offering exclusive in-game vanity items or forum avatars and the like for those who register on my forums. I do this for months, gobbling up all the attention I can get from the world's premier game e-distribution platform.

And then, I announce it'll be distributed by another platform, maybe even my own or one that I have just signed an even better deal with...

Valve/Steam may not be able to really alter their contracts to prevent this sort of thing. That would likely push developers away. What they might have to do is offer inducements and <gasp> maybe even more favorable rates in the face of developing competition.

And, I just found this when looking for some source material for my post: :)

Valve Steam Game Marketplace Revenue Split - NEW RULES

Sometimes, I scare myself.

Still, maybe the Metro guys decided that first hefty cut was still too big a price to pay on their initial fifty-million. :) Fifteen Million Dollars goes a long way. Shaving even a few percentage points off of that is still Real Money ™ to be had.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 08:21

Valve/Steam might care about such things if it was them being blamed for the switch, but it's pretty universally Deep Silver/Koch Media that are taking the heat for this. Whether it will actually affect sales of the game remains to be seen.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 08:38

I have five store/game launchers on my desktop, whats one more, some people rage about having another launcher, 'clogging up my pc', never seen anything to justify it, memory is cheap, so storage no a problem, I could have 20 launchers and it would not affect my system any more than having 5.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 09:10

muppetts wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 08:38
I have five store/game launchers on my desktop, whats one more, some people rage about having another launcher, 'clogging up my pc', never seen anything to justify it, memory is cheap, so storage no a problem, I could have 20 launchers and it would not affect my system any more than having 5.
It's not just the launcher, though, is it? In order to buy the game on the Epic storefront you need an Epic account, and they've not shown themselves as being great at keeping their customer's details safe. The more places you have to enter your credit card details to buy stuff, the more places that hackers have a chance of getting them.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 18:46

I use Paypal, so not an issue.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 19:08

It'a also a lot of people only use Steam, all of their games are on steam, it's just how some folk work. My biggest rant is that Epic is really, really bad, the store is crap, the launcher is crap if you can get it to work, and there are no features at all, no review, no chat, no saves, no nothing, it is just a massive mess.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:27

The game looks pretty good. It seems to be getting good reviews despite quite a few negative reviews from disgruntled people. I am guessing their sales are down by quite a bit until next years steam release.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... BHKaPEgaIR

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 11:43

Lots recommend Russian language with subtitles, I went back to Metro 2033 and just started again, don't know how I missed first time but I much prefer the Russian, with the accented english I had to turn the subs on anyway, because they have that mechanic that you cannot hear them well unless you face them (which annoys me no end) and I had to read the subs to understand anyway, cos I am always looking around for stuff I can nick!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 09:43

It looks like Metros Exodus sales beat Metro Last Light sales by quite a bit. Not sure what the next game will be like.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/17/metro- ... ast-light/

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 21:20

pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 09:10
muppetts wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 08:38
It's not just the launcher, though, is it? In order to buy the game on the Epic storefront you need an Epic account, and they've not shown themselves as being great at keeping their customer's details safe. The more places you have to enter your credit card details to buy stuff, the more places that hackers have a chance of getting them.
^--- This.

I have been forced to change cards, change all sorts of stuff, due to no fault of my own because of crappy @$@$^^@%@^^ run by dumbcrap corporations that use "teh internetz."

The more exposure you have, even if you don't know it, the greater at risk you are. At this point, given the level, breadth and depth of "information exchange" and info-data purchasing and marketing crap going on, I doubt there is anyone in any developed country that isn't exposed in some way. At the very least, the number of data breaches in large companies has done nothing but "go up." It's The Wild Wild West out there and corporations don't give a crap because they are not being held criminally liable for negligence and damages wrought upon the people who's data they hold... and expose.

Yet just another thing that ticks me off and actively reduces the usefulness of Teh Interwebz to me. All it takes is one of the dozens of people down the info-pipeline to decide "clear text databases are friggin' coolios" and everyone with a name in there gets a giant info-cactus buttplug...

Please, Europe - Keep doing what you're doing 'cause 'Murica is too busy catering to commercial info-rapists to care about its citizens. CHARGE THESE SORTS OF COMMERCIAL BARTARDS WITH BEING CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT ZOMGZ PLZ. :)

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 08:21

I bought the game from the same key seller I have used for 6 years, so no exposure to the site, if you have a credit card why are you not using paypal.

Steam has been breached before, will again but you can use plenty of methods to secure your purchase, my Epic log data contains zero information about me, yeah they could hijack the account but that happens on steam too.

Just wait a year and the game will be patched and 60% cheaper and you can buy on steam.

Return to “Off Topic English”