Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:34

And then what? Someone in China makes a Cyberpunk ripoff? I seem to recall something similar happened with Fortnite and last I checked, that game is still a cash cow. It ain't great news, sure, but it ain't life changing news, either. The worst that will happen for anyone at CDPR is maybe the folks that were responsible for their IT security gets canned. But in all likelihood, they'll revamp their security. If every business went up in flames because they got hacked, we would be in serious serious trouble right now.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 03:11

matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:06
So anyway, It is bad news. And seems that the studio was hacked before. I hope that the studio survives, but with the way things are happening, it certainly will effect things.
Nah not really. This may be news to you, but as someone who came from the region, this is par for the course. I can tell you it's probably harder to find a popular game that's not already got stolen and dressed up in China than to find a game that haven't. Over the years ... actually scratch that, over the 'decades' I have seen everything from Sim City to Warhammer to Fortnight showed up on the China market as a clone.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:06
The problem is, it depends on where the files go to, even if the devs do sue, it may not work, especailly if the files are outside of the EU or the US.
And why would that be a problem? Unless China hold a major source of revenue for the games ... which it doesn't. You can have tons of players in China, and get a small amount of them not using a bootleg version. The "legal" power still have its use though. Like I said shit like this are as common as pollution in China, yet do you know why you rarely heard about it in the West? It's because if these games show up in the Western market, they will get sued so no publishers gonna do that. In the end, even if a Cyberpunk "clone" come into existence down the line, it will be something created for local consumption and have no bearing on the market share for Western developer/publishers.

I think the only reason this becomes news because it's Cyberpunk. :wink:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - Patch 1.2

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:15

Here we go again! This time, with RTX :mrgreen:

GOG: Cyberpunk 2077 - patch 1.2 is here

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:16

Nice reward from Regina now
Spoiler
Show
25k and 2 legendary items with max slots
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 17:06

Patch 1.5 is live with quite some changes and DLCs.

On GOG it seems to be a full redownload (~47 GB).

Spoiler
Show

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:26

Seems the patch has some serious bugs (see tech section of the Cyberpunk forum) so I'll wait until things have clarified.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 09:40

euclid wrote:
Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:26
Seems the patch has some serious bugs (see tech section of the Cyberpunk forum) so I'll wait until things have clarified.

Cheers Euclid
Shame - but kinda suspected that would happen :( .

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 10:23

Guess I'm lucky [again]. Works like a charm here. So far the problems @cyberpunk forum seem to be mostly related to consoles and a few "game won't start" reports.

Only thing I had to do is to update my graphic card driver (before that, performance was meh).

Spoiler
Show

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 12:08

Thanks for the headsup chew-ie. Did you use a saved game or a new game?

Cheers Euclid

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 12:25

Currently testing old saves from 1.3 (one pre-heist, one advanced savegame); I'll settle with the pre-heist for my new playthrough :)

edit #1 from what I read a lot of trouble also comes from installed mods / e.g. RED Modding states that all modding tools have to be updated (CET, WolvenKit, RedScript, Red4Ext) due to the heavy changes of the patch. Always funny to read - I don't get it why some people reporting bugs don't get the concept of that mods are indeed a potential way to break your game. Even the smallest modification of the game can wreak havoc.

On that note: I'm playing completely vanilla.

---

edit #2 just witnessed my first car chase - police vs maelstrom

Police lost ^^

Spoiler
Show

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 19:50

1.3 game works, that's good news, thanks. Guess I'll give it a go. Uhh btw I'm using one mod called "Hats are Hair" just not look like a clown :-)

Cheers Euclid

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 20. Feb 22, 20:48

Long time no see! :)

Spoiler
Show

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 07:57

Enjoy the bugs while they still exist. I would have never taken this screenshot without the one that throws you way above the highest building in Night City. This was on the way down.

I'd like to add how great the photo mode is in this game. Here It seems to mimic the distortion of architecture the same way a camera lens does. You'd be surprised how complicated architecture photography is and the depiction of the buildings here looks like it was actually taken with a camera. Or very close to it. There are some specialty lenses that can aid in this IRL and some editing tools to straighten them out but hard to do when people are in the frame. I also appreciate the aperture options. No Man Sky also has a decent photo mode but not as complex. Unfortunately, the cyberpunk one downgrades the quality and I do not know what setting prevents it. It keeps the pixel size but seems to downgrade everything else. :rant: I did edit in some noise because the juxtapose it added to the screen shot. So, the noise was not what I mean by downgrading as that was deliberate ion my part.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Tue, 24. May 22, 02:41

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/esport ... ar-AARTcf2

Cd Projekt Red pays a settlement of 1.8 million to the shareholders. Fortunately, a small number for what they game has and will continue to make. But what bothers me is the game was initially "it will be released when it is released" type of game which made me very happy. But then all the sudden it is released on consoles not capable of handling it, and full of the kind of bugs that made the game feel rushed. They never were able to cut the older gen form the lineup, and the game was unfinished. A little odd for a "it will be released when it is released" approach. So, to my mind it was released like this at the demand of the shareholders. and then unhappy with the release and loss of potential revenue, the shareholders managed to sue for damages. Am I reading this wrong?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 26. Dec 22, 11:04

Night City, feels good to be back :)

Spoiler
Show

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Wed, 28. Dec 22, 19:44

Incubi wrote:
Tue, 24. May 22, 02:41
So, to my mind it was released like this at the demand of the shareholders. and then unhappy with the release and loss of potential revenue, the shareholders managed to sue for damages. Am I reading this wrong?
I think you are reading it wrong. First of all, shareholders can't demand anything from the board unless they have voting majority (depending on jurisdictions not all shares give voting rights, just to make it complicated) and as far as I know CD Project Red majority of shares is held (or was held at that particular time) by guys that started the company.

While many, imho, are too quick to blame shareholders or supposedly evil publishers in gaming industry, the reality is often bit more complicated:
Sometimes the owners of the company (and this probably happened here to a degree) paint a too rosy picture or outright lie to potential and existing investors about perspectives of the company just to make them invest (either buy shares or offer the capital in case of publisher) in the company.
Obviously if shareholders were the ones pushing the release prematurely they would not have dared to go to court for this - the judge would surely throw out the case if CD Project Red could prove it and would be given golden PR opportunity on shifting the blame to an outside force - Cyberpunk has become synonymous with a botched release and "doing a cyberpunk style release" is recognizable concept among gamers.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 01:50

Picked this up on sale on the Xbox. It's not bad so far, although I'm doing what I always do in open worlds: ignore the plot and wander around killing people and finding things.

One funny bug was V performed a finisher move with mantis blades, leaving the dead person stood T posing over me in an apparent attempt to exert dominance.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:35

Spoiler
Show

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:47

Must admit with Starfield coming in October I doubt I'll be much interested in Cyberpunk2077, the fact that Cities Skylines 2 releases in September doesn't help.

I liked Cyberpunk the first run, but when I realised playing any faction would essentially mean the same experience with a few text lines added, it lost most of the appeal for me. Might check it out at a later stage.

MFG

Ketraar

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 15:06

I'm looking forward to Starfield but, as all Bethesda games, it will require some bugfixes and tweaks (mod community). Hence I'll postpone the purchase for some time.

The Cyberpunk expansion is a different thing for me. What I like most are the different setups (skills, cyberware, weapons etc.). My lastest toon is a pure netrunner and I love playing it. However, I wonder if you can start the expansion at any stage of your game or if it's better (even required?) to make a new game. Guess time will tell.

Cheers Euclid

Return to “Off Topic English”