Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by euclid » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 15:26

Tycow wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 02:25
I'm enjoying the story, running and gunning, but the bloody police AI is driving me nuts.

I've literally just walked past a group of coppers who were just stood around at one of the crime scenes, and they've aggroed for no reason! It flashed up "crime reported" and then they chased me! What's the crime??? Walking jauntily?!

Literal gang war going on in front of police? Not interested.
Tycow going for a stroll? GET HIM BOYS!

Arrrrrgh!
I feel you, Tycow! Got a call from NCPD asking for help with a gang nearby. However, when I've started shooting a police patrol decided to shoot me and I got 1, 2 stars ..... reload.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 18:01

[I quickly read in the post above 'crime reported' and 'shooting a police patrol' and thought "What ???". You see, I had intended to click on the Coronavirus thread.] :oops:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 06:50

euclid wrote:
Tue, 22. Dec 20, 15:26
Tycow wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 02:25
I'm enjoying the story, running and gunning, but the bloody police AI is driving me nuts.

I've literally just walked past a group of coppers who were just stood around at one of the crime scenes, and they've aggroed for no reason! It flashed up "crime reported" and then they chased me! What's the crime??? Walking jauntily?!

Literal gang war going on in front of police? Not interested.
Tycow going for a stroll? GET HIM BOYS!

Arrrrrgh!
I feel you, Tycow! Got a call from NCPD asking for help with a gang nearby. However, when I've started shooting a police patrol decided to shoot me and I got 1, 2 stars ..... reload.

Cheers Euclid
Ya, cops need some work. I did manage to survive a 4 star warrant level, though. It was in the apartment complex... there's the 2 cops that have a gang banger cuffed outside his door. I decided to see what would happen if i killed the gang banger. Cops didn't like it and I quickly racked up 4 stars in the ensuing fight. They seemed to have some trouble getting to me, though. I just backed up into the corner which gave me a clear view of the stairs and the gate into the little area there and I just kept putting down all the cops that charged in to me. A handfull got stuck on the other side of the gate and eventually my warrant just vanished.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 15:00

Just finished the main story and realised I may have missed a few side missions, which I'll give more attention in my next play through.

General thoughts of the game are OK. Its not as ground breaking as it was made out to be sadly. I had no major issues, it ran smoothly, no crashes or major hiccups. There were several minor bugs though, some annoying, like when you try to pick up stuff but it wont work and some just odd glitches, like floating bottles or multiplying cigarettes that kinda broke the immersion.

The atmosphere is great though and most characters are interesting, some are really good. Its not as good as Deus Ex HR though wrt to the cyberpunkyness of it all and I cant help but feel that there are rather large chunks of gameplay that are missing. Stuff like crafting seem irrelevant as I didnt use it once up until the very end and even that just to try and see if it works. Also the inventory management is clunky, especially the always on comparison is annoying and clutters the view, not sure why there couldn't be a toggle to run it off. The other thing that seemed annoying and pointless were the consumables, why there is a need to have a gazillion different items when there are only 2 buffs you can get is beyond me, also I hardly ever used them.

The AI (on hard) is also not the brightest bulb, their static nature makes it rather easy to solve "takedown puzzles" if you are patient enough, here again I liked Deus Ex better as the environment also gave you many more options, some not obvious the first time around, to get to the same result.

The other thing I didnt get is the bounty system, pretty much everyone not being a civilian has a bounty and all you need to do is to kill or incapacitate them, so not sure why one would bother scan people to see if they have one. *shrug*

Still had a good time and definitely will give it another go with different character (Nomad, next will be Corpo) but I reckon the experience wont be too different past the conversion point. I recommend anyone that likes open word games and especially scifi settings a la Deus Ex and the likes to get it, maybe wait for a discount if you are not sure.

MFG

Ketraar

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 17:16

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 23. Dec 20, 15:00
Just finished the main story and realised I may have missed a few side missions, which I'll give more attention in my next play through.

General thoughts of the game are OK. Its not as ground breaking as it was made out to be sadly. I had no major issues, it ran smoothly, no crashes or major hiccups. There were several minor bugs though, some annoying, like when you try to pick up stuff but it wont work and some just odd glitches, like floating bottles or multiplying cigarettes that kinda broke the immersion.

The atmosphere is great though and most characters are interesting, some are really good. Its not as good as Deus Ex HR though wrt to the cyberpunkyness of it all and I cant help but feel that there are rather large chunks of gameplay that are missing. Stuff like crafting seem irrelevant as I didnt use it once up until the very end and even that just to try and see if it works. Also the inventory management is clunky, especially the always on comparison is annoying and clutters the view, not sure why there couldn't be a toggle to run it off. The other thing that seemed annoying and pointless were the consumables, why there is a need to have a gazillion different items when there are only 2 buffs you can get is beyond me, also I hardly ever used them.

The AI (on hard) is also not the brightest bulb, their static nature makes it rather easy to solve "takedown puzzles" if you are patient enough, here again I liked Deus Ex better as the environment also gave you many more options, some not obvious the first time around, to get to the same result.

The other thing I didnt get is the bounty system, pretty much everyone not being a civilian has a bounty and all you need to do is to kill or incapacitate them, so not sure why one would bother scan people to see if they have one. *shrug*

Still had a good time and definitely will give it another go with different character (Nomad, next will be Corpo) but I reckon the experience wont be too different past the conversion point. I recommend anyone that likes open word games and especially scifi settings a la Deus Ex and the likes to get it, maybe wait for a discount if you are not sure.

MFG

Ketraar
If you checked the video that I posted, it clearly shows that there is indeed a great deal missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JGQ3s ... =emb_title

Even the trailers up to one month before release shows that the game had choice, and you could do a lot in the game, Including hacking.

Its IF the devs can or will put that stuff in? To me, I not so sure. I think the game needed at least several more years, and the last gen versions should have been scrapped from production.

Oh yes, be careful with crafting, as there is a 8mb save file limit. (on all platforms) so if you do craft too much, than the save file will increase, and go over that limit, and your screwed.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 19:22

matthewfarmery wrote:
Wed, 23. Dec 20, 17:16
Even the trailers up to one month before release shows that the game had choice, and you could do a lot in the game, Including hacking.
What are you talking about? There's an entire skill tree dedicated to hacking. There's also plenty of choices to be made in both the main quest and side quests. Hell, there's 3 or 4 endings that you can experience based on your choices.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Its IF the devs can or will put that stuff in? To me, I not so sure. I think the game needed at least several more years, and the last gen versions should have been scrapped from production.
Put what stuff in? Hacking? as I said, there's an entire skill tree dedicated to it.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Oh yes, be careful with crafting, as there is a 8mb save file limit. (on all platforms) so if you do craft too much, than the save file will increase, and go over that limit, and your screwed.
Funny, I've been crafting my ass off and my save isn't blowing up. Dollars to donuts, the folks with the large saves were using item duplication exploits.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 20:38

I guess you still not watched the video, from the video, hacking should have been more interesting, and should have given players more choice. Also, player backgrounds should have been more meaningful. If you compare what the trailers shows, and what's in the final game, a lot has been stripped. Also there should have been a great deal more choice, instead, there is barely any choice.

Again the viideo that I linked, can explain a great deal better then I can. So the game is a lot more bare boned, compared what what the devs had planned.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 21:28

matthewfarmery wrote:
Wed, 23. Dec 20, 20:38
I guess you still not watched the video, from the video, hacking should have been more interesting, and should have given players more choice. Also, player backgrounds should have been more meaningful. If you compare what the trailers shows, and what's in the final game, a lot has been stripped. Also there should have been a great deal more choice, instead, there is barely any choice.

Again the viideo that I linked, can explain a great deal better then I can. So the game is a lot more bare boned, compared what what the devs had planned.
Why would I need to watch some rando net nerds video? I own the game. I've been playing it. I don't need someone else to explain the game to me. I'm capable of forming my own opinions.

I still don't know what you mean by "more choice". If you play the game, you'll see there's plenty of choice.

Do you actually own the game or are you being like Mr. Who and just coopting someone else's opinion for your own?
rebellionpac.com

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 22:00

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 23. Dec 20, 21:28
I still don't know what you mean by "more choice". If you play the game, you'll see there's plenty of choice.
He's talking about the false assumptions people formed for themselfes.

I made it a point to watch the Night City Wire episodes to see what all the fuss is about. (something I didn't before because I didn't followed footage about the game since 2018). There the devs talked about the effects of the origin stories ("lifepaths") and how they will add new dialogue options - if they are fitting.

For example when dealing with Militech during the main story "The Pickup" the devs stated they let both the corpo and the nomad have additional dialogue lines as they have some insights & experience when dealing with corpos. A streetkid does not have such an experience. Later when it comes to talking with Dum-Dum and he offering a whiff, the Streetkid knows about the drugs & can shine there.

And what happens in peoples minds? They think about stuff the devs ~never~ said and now claim "they lied". There was no promise of earth-shaking differences. And thats just one example.

CD Project Red is to blame for one thing - the console lie. Everything else is either normal dev process (cutting features) or the peoples fault for giving too much into the hype. Cut features like the flathead being not available as gameplay mechanics to the player were clearly communicated. Heck they make it even clear in the dialogue once Dex mentions the flathead ~because~ people are so riled up of a feature they were hoping for but which doesn't made it into the final game.

Edit
I also couldn't spot any material in the Night City Wire streams which doesn't fit the game I played. And this material didn't have the tag "subject to change" on it - like every other trailer before.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 22:25

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 23. Dec 20, 22:00
I also couldn't spot any material in the Night City Wire streams which doesn't fit the game I played. And this material didn't have the tag "subject to change" on it - like every other trailer before.
Ya know what, too, all of the promo videos that showed actual gameplay and not studio rendered FMV pretty damn well closely matched what was released.
rebellionpac.com

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 00:01

DL'd 1.06 which removes the 8MB cap of the saved games.

And yes, there is a lot of stuff missing and there are bugs, like the floating items Ket mentioned, but also drops half in the ground so you cannot pick them up (specially annoying if it's a legendary). NPCs and cars half sunk into the ground, missions that do not give any reward (like Skippy if you return it) or cannot completed at all. And then there are the final mission(s). To my feeling they are just patched in to release the game in some playable (and enjoyable) way but they are totally useless for the "open end game" as you just revert to the last checkpoint before the point-of-no-return (means you do not keep anything, items, xp etc.). Also I agree with Ket that the crafting benefits only if there is nothing else to do other than very easy missions (even on very hard you 1s everything). But then again, no surprise as W3 was similar. Let's hope there will be a + re-run as in W3.

I've leveled one toon to 44 before I got bored as there is nothing challenging left. Now I've restarted my corp toon ignoring the final mission totally, focussing on level up (on very hard for the xp). Not sure how long I'll be doing it before getting bored again.

Cheers Euclid

ps: Merry Christmas :-)
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 00:52

There is a mechanic missing from the game, namely what you look like. In one of my playthroughs I was a female character and the only direct comment I got about my appearance was "nice rack". There is a character in Lizzie's who says something about a nice face, but it's just a generic comment (dialog in NPCs generally feels kind of placeholder). In Cyberpunk, what you look like should be a consideration on how others treat you. Perhaps it could be implemented in the same way that we already craft mods with attributes for clothes, one of those clothes' attributes could be "cool" or "intimidating" e.g. a vintage Samurai jacket might have a built-in "cool" attribute. After reading what CP should be, I feel the absence of that mechanic everytime I'm in the city.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 12:26

Vertigo 7 wrote:
matthewfarmery wrote:

Why would I need to watch some rando net nerds video? I own the game. I've been playing it. I don't need someone else to explain the game to me. I'm capable of forming my own opinions.

Do you actually own the game or are you being like Mr. Who and just coopting someone else's opinion for your own?
If you not watched the video, then you don't understand what the video is about.

The guy is on about missing features that the trailers promised, and not in the game. Some items having more then one use, but don't. If you see the video, it's clear that the devs had plans for adding stuff in. Even the trailer that was released 1 month before the game was released, showed stuff that isn't in the final game.

This isn't about one dudes opinions, but rather what was planned, features missing, or has been cut. promises unfulfilled more. I highly suggest you do watch it. It will explain a great deal. As for hacking, I forgot to add, "hacking OPTIONS" as the hacking in the game could have had more options, even the video explains which parts of the game could have benefited more, if hacking was better.

So you say, "Put stuff in?" the video explains what stuff never made it in.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 13:56

matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 12:26
Vertigo 7 wrote:
matthewfarmery wrote:

If you not watched the video, then you don't understand what the video is about.

The guy is on about missing features that the trailers promised, and not in the game. Some items having more then one use, but don't. If you see the video, it's clear that the devs had plans for adding stuff in. Even the trailer that was released 1 month before the game was released, showed stuff that isn't in the final game.

This isn't about one dudes opinions, but rather what was planned, features missing, or has been cut. promises unfulfilled more. I highly suggest you do watch it. It will explain a great deal. As for hacking, I forgot to add, "hacking OPTIONS" as the hacking in the game could have had more options, even the video explains which parts of the game could have benefited more, if hacking was better.

So you say, "Put stuff in?" the video explains what stuff never made it in.
Ok, I watched a couple of minutes and your boys there were lying and misrepresenting loads. Since you don't own the game, and you're convinced by what these net nerds are showing you instead of seeing it for yourself, me trying to convince you of reality won't do much good. So you're faced with a choice of continuing to believe what someone else tells you or play it yourself and see what's going on. Until you do play this game yourself, everything you say about it has this big f'n asterisk on it that it's not your opinion, it's someone else's, and you lack any first hand experience with it yourself. If you don't wanna play it, that's your call, but the question then is why should anyone listen to what you have to say about it?

Is there more that can be added to the game to flesh it out a bit? Sure, absolutely. I've been saying as much since day 1.

Did CDPR lie about it? newp. A, despite your insistence, they made no promises to you or anyone else. All of their footage said what was shown was subject to change and wasn't conditional on your approval. B, the choices you make do matter and have a huge impact on how the game ends, and even then, you can still screw it all up even if you've made all the right choices along the way.

It's amazing to me that the people from this thread that bought and play the game seem to all be enjoying it. And then there's you, and Mr. Who, who didn't buy the game, but all you can do is shit on it because you read or watched someone else shitting on it. It's rather pathetic.
rebellionpac.com

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 25. Dec 20, 00:53

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 13:56

It's amazing to me that the people from this thread that bought and play the game seem to all be enjoying it. And then there's you, and Mr. Who, who didn't buy the game, but all you can do is shit on it because you read or watched someone else shitting on it. It's rather pathetic.
Now your answer is to matthewfarmery but I have to pitch in here. The game is an definitely a fun but very shallow RPG and nothing close to what hype build it up to be.
Call the criticism pathetic all you want but it is spot on.

And yes, I own the game and have put in 40 hours in by this time. Took break when permanently save game corruption bug was announced (dealt with recent hotfix but I got tired of CDPR amateurism).

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 25. Dec 20, 03:22

Warenwolf wrote:
Fri, 25. Dec 20, 00:53
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 24. Dec 20, 13:56

Now your answer is to matthewfarmery but I have to pitch in here. The game is an definitely a fun but very shallow RPG and nothing close to what hype build it up to be.
Call the criticism pathetic all you want but it is spot on.

And yes, I own the game and have put in 40 hours in by this time. Took break when permanently save game corruption bug was announced (dealt with recent hotfix but I got tired of CDPR amateurism).
I wasn't calling criticism pathetic. It's one thing to experience a bug or something along those lines and be frustrated with the game. It's another thing to having never played it and just follow along with some douche's opinion just because they posted something on youtube. The thing is that Who and Matthew have been doing is trying to take away from the enjoyment that people are experiencing, and that I find deplorable.

Everyone here knows there's bugs in the game. Everyone here knows there's things that can be added to improve it. No one has denied that and we've all had our share of feelings and thoughts on the matter. But for those of us that are enjoying the game and then have these 2 tools turn around and say "oh but you shouldn't enjoy it cause this dude on the interwebs said so" is pathetic.
rebellionpac.com

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 25. Dec 20, 04:40

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 25. Dec 20, 03:22
then have these 2 tools turn around
I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point you must have installed some faulty mod or gut yourself a bug in a update. As of late your posting style leaves much to be desired and the constant personal attacks are getting rather tiresome. People can post their opinions or their cooped opinions as much as they what and you can call them out as much as you like, but for f*** sake stop it with the name calling and constant attacks on people that disagree with you.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 25. Dec 20, 10:38

Ya know, this last year has been difficult, especially the last few months, to say the least, as I'm sure you're quite aware. How many people have taken what someone said as the unvarnished truth and acting on that lead to some seriously unfortunate circumstances, including the deaths of thousands upon thousands? I've seen it myself and, truth be told, it fills me with nothing but rage. I'm not saying opinions of a video game will even come close to going that far, but it is a symptom of the same thing. Regardless, you're right, and I shouldn't be calling people names.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 25. Dec 20, 11:20

Sadly this has been a difficult year for all of us. I just realised that another studio, Rake N Grass, (jets N Guns 1 and 2) has recently lost their art king. Which puts both the studio and future projects in grave jeopardy.

At the end of the day, this has been a bad year. and has put pressure on many people. Here hoping the next will be a bit better.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 25. Dec 20, 12:06

Looks like the investors of the studio are doing lawsuits

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/24/2219 ... suit-filed

This has NOTHING to do with the consumers. Just the investors who have been lied too about the state of the last gen consoles.
After a rocky Cyberpunk 2077 launch earlier in December, publisher CD Projekt is facing a class action lawsuit for alleged violations of federal securities laws. The lawsuit was filed Thursday in a California court by New York-based firm Rosen Law Firm.

Rosen Law Firm said it filed the suit on behalf of investors that purchased securities — like stock — between the period of Jan. 16 to Dec. 17, 2020. In the lawsuit, lawyers said CD Projekt made “false and/or misleading” statements about Cyberpunk 2077, which was released on Dec. 10 for Google Stadia, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. Lawyers are requesting class action status for the lawsuit.
That probably going to to hurt the studio a bit, if the lawsuit is successful. And there might be another lawsuit as well. (again investors)

So watch this space.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”