Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:11

It doesn't matter if it was in development for 4 years, 9 years or 20 years. Fact is it was released in a bad state and too early either way.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:14

Aparently you cannot play this game too much, because if save file exceds 8 mb it become corrupted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6RgU14hb0

I feel lucky that I decided not to buy C2077 untill I beat Witcher 3.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:28

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:11
It doesn't matter if it was in development for 4 years, 9 years or 20 years. Fact is it was released in a bad state and too early either way.
And it's also a fact that they've acknowledged that and they're gonna fix it. People can hate on em all they want to, but they're gonna keep going. They're offering refunds, they're correcting the issues. Seriously, what more can they possibly do? Should they throw their hands up and dwell on their failure and close up shop to make the Mr. Whos of the world happy? Or should they keep on moving forward? It's not like Mr Who, or anyone else that's delighting in this unfortunate circumstance is offering any kind of solution. So should we listen to those dip shits or give CDPR a chance to sort the game out?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:30

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:14
Aparently you cannot play this game too much, because if save file exceds 8 mb it become corrupted:

This only affects those who are excessively abuse crafting mechanics in order to make quick bucks. (we are talking about 10000s of crafted items here). If you play thoroughly (making quests, following story line, having fun) for ~100h you won't hit that limit. My endgame save is 5 MB.

Should be addressed though as it sounds like a nasty & unnecessary bug. (the dev fixing that will most certainly facepalm :D )

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:49

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:30
mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:14

This only affects those who are excessively abuse crafting mechanics in order to make quick bucks. (we are talking about 10000s of crafted items here). If you play thoroughly (making quests, following story line, having fun) for ~100h you won't hit that limit. My endgame save is 5 MB.

Should be addressed though as it sounds like a nasty & unnecessary bug. (the dev fixing that will most certainly facepalm :D )
I dunno. Depends on how much data is actually needed to track a save. It's a bigger facepalm, though, to trash talk the game when dude doesn't even have it. Like I said, just an asshole that likes to see shit burn.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:59

If so many people weren't having issues this game would be garnering recognition left and right, there are many positive things about it. I finished the main story line and most side quests. After the 1.04 hotfix I got more stable fps and now I only experience minor bugs.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 20:19

notaterran wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:59
If so many people weren't having issues this game would be garnering recognition left and right, there are many positive things about it. I finished the main story line and most side quests. After the 1.04 hotfix I got more stable fps and now I only experience minor bugs.
Agreed. The story is fantastic. Graphics are top notch. Combat is fun. The voice actors did a phenomenal job. Did you know the english female voice for V is done by the actress that voices Asuna in Sword Art Online? The voice sounded so familiar and was driving me nuts trying to place it till I looked her up. Anyway, she did a bang up job, as did the rest.
rebellionpac.com

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 02:25

I'm enjoying the story, running and gunning, but the bloody police AI is driving me nuts.

I've literally just walked past a group of coppers who were just stood around at one of the crime scenes, and they've aggroed for no reason! It flashed up "crime reported" and then they chased me! What's the crime??? Walking jauntily?!

Literal gang war going on in front of police? Not interested.
Tycow going for a stroll? GET HIM BOYS!

Arrrrrgh!

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 05:18

The most recent hotfix has helped my FPS massively. Restarted as streetkid because I didn't like my character and I was only about an hour in, and a place where before I got about 15 fps in one room I now got 60 fps. At 1440p with medium-ish settings. One thing that's made a big difference though is enabling HDR. First PC game I've tried it on and its given so visual much depth at no performance cost. Just annoying having to enable it/disable it when I start/exit the game because Windows HDR is awful and text is nearly unreadable (but find in-game).
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 06:24

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 05:18
The most recent hotfix has helped my FPS massively. Restarted as streetkid because I didn't like my character and I was only about an hour in, and a place where before I got about 15 fps in one room I now got 60 fps. At 1440p with medium-ish settings. One thing that's made a big difference though is enabling HDR. First PC game I've tried it on and its given so visual much depth at no performance cost. Just annoying having to enable it/disable it when I start/exit the game because Windows HDR is awful and text is nearly unreadable (but find in-game).
HDR works fine with Windows, but what you're experiencing is a lack of an HDR color profile for the desktop. Your monitor's manufacturer should have one available for you. You can google how to set that up. There's also a color profile setting in chrome and edge that may be of use that will help with the browser but won't do anything for the general desktop.

But honestly, if you're not watching HDR content, there's no benefit to having HDR turned on.
rebellionpac.com

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 09:23

This game in a year is going to be a masterpiece.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 14:41

sonofa... who else didn't know you could move people you grab before taking them out? I've just been doing my ninja thing and then hiding the bodies but you can totally grab and then move them before the kill... I've been doing it the hard way for no good reason...
rebellionpac.com

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 15:03

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 14:41
sonofa... who else didn't know you could move people you grab before taking them out? I've just been doing my ninja thing and then hiding the bodies but you can totally grab and then move them before the kill... I've been doing it the hard way for no good reason...
It's all in the body tooltip ^^
Increase movement while grappling an enemy and enemy grapple duration by 5 sec
My body 20 V is the real ninja :muscle: :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 15:33

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 09:23
This game in a year is going to be a masterpiece.
I'm not so sure about that.

I found this interesting video. The person while he did enjoy playing the game. However, there is a big chunk of stuff that he didn't like. Also it highlights promises that the devs did lie about, or should I say, promises that the trailers did show and not in the game, or has been cut. Including the sense of choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JGQ3s ... =emb_title

Worth watching.

To make the game a masterpiece, would require a great deal of code changes, now if that happens in some of the DLC? I don't know. But as the game is on last gen systems, then its very likely that the devs might have to make a choice, if to support those systems, or cut them out from farther development.

While people are raving over how good the game looks, for me, I prefer solid gameplay over graphics. And while the game looks pretty good. I think the game just looks shallow.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 21:57

If bosses at CDPR had no idea that this was going to happen, then they are in the wrong job. They must have known there were issues with the game as they did everything they could to hide it from everyone. The smart thing that they should have done was delay the release on the XBOX and PS4 saying the game was just not ready to be released on those platforms while releasing it on the other platforms. They never did that, so they are getting all they deserve, they have no one but themself to blame.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 15:26

Tycow wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 02:25
I'm enjoying the story, running and gunning, but the bloody police AI is driving me nuts.

I've literally just walked past a group of coppers who were just stood around at one of the crime scenes, and they've aggroed for no reason! It flashed up "crime reported" and then they chased me! What's the crime??? Walking jauntily?!

Arrrrrgh!
I feel you, Tycow! Got a call from NCPD asking for help with a gang nearby. However, when I've started shooting a police patrol decided to shoot me and I got 1, 2 stars ..... reload.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 18:01

[I quickly read in the post above 'crime reported' and 'shooting a police patrol' and thought "What ???". You see, I had intended to click on the Coronavirus thread.] :oops:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 06:50

euclid wrote:
Tue, 22. Dec 20, 15:26
Tycow wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 02:25

Arrrrrgh!
I feel you, Tycow! Got a call from NCPD asking for help with a gang nearby. However, when I've started shooting a police patrol decided to shoot me and I got 1, 2 stars ..... reload.

Cheers Euclid
Ya, cops need some work. I did manage to survive a 4 star warrant level, though. It was in the apartment complex... there's the 2 cops that have a gang banger cuffed outside his door. I decided to see what would happen if i killed the gang banger. Cops didn't like it and I quickly racked up 4 stars in the ensuing fight. They seemed to have some trouble getting to me, though. I just backed up into the corner which gave me a clear view of the stairs and the gate into the little area there and I just kept putting down all the cops that charged in to me. A handfull got stuck on the other side of the gate and eventually my warrant just vanished.
rebellionpac.com

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 15:00

Just finished the main story and realised I may have missed a few side missions, which I'll give more attention in my next play through.

General thoughts of the game are OK. Its not as ground breaking as it was made out to be sadly. I had no major issues, it ran smoothly, no crashes or major hiccups. There were several minor bugs though, some annoying, like when you try to pick up stuff but it wont work and some just odd glitches, like floating bottles or multiplying cigarettes that kinda broke the immersion.

The atmosphere is great though and most characters are interesting, some are really good. Its not as good as Deus Ex HR though wrt to the cyberpunkyness of it all and I cant help but feel that there are rather large chunks of gameplay that are missing. Stuff like crafting seem irrelevant as I didnt use it once up until the very end and even that just to try and see if it works. Also the inventory management is clunky, especially the always on comparison is annoying and clutters the view, not sure why there couldn't be a toggle to run it off. The other thing that seemed annoying and pointless were the consumables, why there is a need to have a gazillion different items when there are only 2 buffs you can get is beyond me, also I hardly ever used them.

The AI (on hard) is also not the brightest bulb, their static nature makes it rather easy to solve "takedown puzzles" if you are patient enough, here again I liked Deus Ex better as the environment also gave you many more options, some not obvious the first time around, to get to the same result.

The other thing I didnt get is the bounty system, pretty much everyone not being a civilian has a bounty and all you need to do is to kill or incapacitate them, so not sure why one would bother scan people to see if they have one. *shrug*

Still had a good time and definitely will give it another go with different character (Nomad, next will be Corpo) but I reckon the experience wont be too different past the conversion point. I recommend anyone that likes open word games and especially scifi settings a la Deus Ex and the likes to get it, maybe wait for a discount if you are not sure.

MFG

Ketraar

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 23. Dec 20, 17:16

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 23. Dec 20, 15:00
Just finished the main story and realised I may have missed a few side missions, which I'll give more attention in my next play through.

General thoughts of the game are OK. Its not as ground breaking as it was made out to be sadly. I had no major issues, it ran smoothly, no crashes or major hiccups. There were several minor bugs though, some annoying, like when you try to pick up stuff but it wont work and some just odd glitches, like floating bottles or multiplying cigarettes that kinda broke the immersion.

The atmosphere is great though and most characters are interesting, some are really good. Its not as good as Deus Ex HR though wrt to the cyberpunkyness of it all and I cant help but feel that there are rather large chunks of gameplay that are missing. Stuff like crafting seem irrelevant as I didnt use it once up until the very end and even that just to try and see if it works. Also the inventory management is clunky, especially the always on comparison is annoying and clutters the view, not sure why there couldn't be a toggle to run it off. The other thing that seemed annoying and pointless were the consumables, why there is a need to have a gazillion different items when there are only 2 buffs you can get is beyond me, also I hardly ever used them.

The AI (on hard) is also not the brightest bulb, their static nature makes it rather easy to solve "takedown puzzles" if you are patient enough, here again I liked Deus Ex better as the environment also gave you many more options, some not obvious the first time around, to get to the same result.

The other thing I didnt get is the bounty system, pretty much everyone not being a civilian has a bounty and all you need to do is to kill or incapacitate them, so not sure why one would bother scan people to see if they have one. *shrug*

Still had a good time and definitely will give it another go with different character (Nomad, next will be Corpo) but I reckon the experience wont be too different past the conversion point. I recommend anyone that likes open word games and especially scifi settings a la Deus Ex and the likes to get it, maybe wait for a discount if you are not sure.

MFG

Ketraar
If you checked the video that I posted, it clearly shows that there is indeed a great deal missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JGQ3s ... =emb_title

Even the trailers up to one month before release shows that the game had choice, and you could do a lot in the game, Including hacking.

Its IF the devs can or will put that stuff in? To me, I not so sure. I think the game needed at least several more years, and the last gen versions should have been scrapped from production.

Oh yes, be careful with crafting, as there is a 8mb save file limit. (on all platforms) so if you do craft too much, than the save file will increase, and go over that limit, and your screwed.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”