Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theeclownbroze
x4

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 06:38

This looks really good, like a mixture of fallout and GTA:V, yet no loading screens according to the devs, Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=0s

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 08:29

Maybe this image answers your question. That is just the stuff I found at a first glance, there is more around here somewhere.

I love Cyberpunk. And this has a real 80s vibe to it. The only thing I am afraid of is that I may have to get a new CPU to run this game.

EDIT: Scratch that, may aswell just buy a console. That games looks as if you need a quantum computer to run it.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 08:58

clakclak wrote:Maybe this image answers your question. That is just the stuff I found at a first glance, there is more around here somewhere.

I love Cyberpunk. And this has a real 80s vibe to it. The only thing I am afraid of is that I may have to get a new CPU to run this game.

EDIT: Scratch that, may aswell just buy a console. That games looks as if you need a quantum computer to run it.
I read on both the youtube comments and the cyberpunk subreddit that this demo ran on a 8700k, 16GB of ram and a 1080ti so not as crazy spec as you are probably feaful of but defintely top of the line, and I agree with you that you're probably getting a better monetary deal by just getting a console considering the state of PC part costs these days (which are atrocious imo)

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 20:46

A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 21:03

red assassin wrote:Image
Yeah, I want this game more than any other that I know of in development at the moment.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 08:21

implants, bullet time, see through walls, I see allot of old mechanics, not saying old ain't good but I don't see anything pushing the envelope here, seems a slick but average FPS/RPG hybrid, like Deus Ex HR.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 08:23

I stopped watching at 3 minutes. "It's an open world RPG ...." No, it's a first person shooter, and it's just like other games like that I've seen and I hate all of them.

Minecraft is an open world game, Baldur's Gate is an RPG. At least they didn't say Rogue-like (I hate that term, what does it even mean anyway?).

I loved the cyberpunk genre as a kid. Loved movies like Akira and Blade Runner, but I'm disappointed at this. I won't be buying.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 09:41

Alien Tech Inc. wrote:I stopped watching at 3 minutes. "It's an open world RPG ...." No, it's a first person shooter, and it's just like other games like that I've seen and I hate all of them.

Minecraft is an open world game, Baldur's Gate is an RPG. At least they didn't say Rogue-like (I hate that term, what does it even mean anyway?).

I loved the cyberpunk genre as a kid. Loved movies like Akira and Blade Runner, but I'm disappointed at this. I won't be buying.
I honestly could see how you debatte if it is a RPG even though I would like to know how you define RPG.

What I don't get is the open world part. From all I have seen of the game so far it is pretty hard to argue that the game has no open world.
muppetts wrote:implants, bullet time, see through walls, I see allot of old mechanics, not saying old ain't good but I don't see anything pushing the envelope here, seems a slick but average FPS/RPG hybrid, like Deus Ex HR.
When it comes to the Mechanics that is probably true. What interests me about the game are mostly the quests. I hope they are as diverse as they were in Witcher 3.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 14:02

Alien Tech Inc. wrote:I stopped watching at 3 minutes. "It's an open world RPG ...." No, it's a first person shooter, and it's just like other games like that I've seen and I hate all of them...
I don't like single-layer FPS games, either. If the game is truly just focused on "SHOOT DA GUN AT IT" then I won't be buying it. My hope is that there will be enough depth in "everything else" that running around staring at a crosshair all day won't be all the game has to offer.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 15:22

Back in the day I played pen and paper rpg Cyberpunk 2020, so yes I'm really excited about the forthcoming game by Cd Projekt Red. Got my fatigued rulebook on a night table, been reading a lot and I'm so glad that new title is very coherent and there are so many references to the original title.

And here is the recent gameplay vid in case you haven't seen it yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 15:53

Sorkvild wrote:Back in the day I played pen and paper rpg Cyberpunk 2020, ...
<--- Shadowrun fan. :)

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 22:57

A little disappointed it's an FPS, I am getting a bit too tired of shooters;

looks alright for a shooter, but will skip it most likely

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 23:59

Cannot wait for this to be released - think this is my number one anticipated game at the moment.

Been hankering a decent first person explore em up since finishing the original Deus Ex, and nothing has ever quite scratched that itch! :D

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 00:01

I am really confused as to what all of thought this was going to be? I don't think there was any moment were it wasn't clear that this would be an FPS-RPG.

Even the very first teaser trailer from 2013 literally showed bullets flying in slow motion, which is exactly what you are getting in the game.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 02:15

Deus Ex is good. I enjoyed the very last one, awhile back.

clakclak wrote:I am really confused as to what all of thought this was going to be? I don't think there was any moment were it wasn't clear that this would be an FPS-RPG.

Even the very first teaser trailer from 2013 literally showed bullets flying in slow motion, which is exactly what you are getting in the game.
Yep, I thought it'd be an FPS, it then turned out to be an FSP. I am not disappointed, specifically.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 17:10

fiksal wrote:A little disappointed it's an FPS, I am getting a bit too tired of shooters;
Just a note: I haven't dug deep, but there are rumors it's First or Third person, so that might be a bit better? /shrug

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 17:15

Morkonan wrote:
fiksal wrote:A little disappointed it's an FPS, I am getting a bit too tired of shooters;
Just a note: I haven't dug deep, but there are rumors it's First or Third person, so that might be a bit better? /shrug
a little?

I got tired of shooting and blowing things up... mostly because it's usually one sided. The main character is always so dominating over NPCs that appear to be as advanced but really are just punching bags.

Which in this last game video is shown all too well. The player picks up auto locking weapons, hacks and wall climbing abilities, where NPCs apparently not meant to use any of those; even though they had it right in front of their faces.

Probably why I enjoyed STALKER games - the playing field was more level.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 17:36

fiksal wrote:
Morkonan wrote:
a little?

I got tired of shooting and blowing things up... mostly because it's usually one sided. The main character is always so dominating over NPCs that appear to be as advanced but really are just punching bags.

Which in this last game video is shown all too well. The player picks up auto locking weapons, hacks and wall climbing abilities, where NPCs apparently not meant to use any of those; even though they had it right in front of their faces.

^--- This.

(I haven't played any of the STALKER games, though.)

I can't stand "super power player characters." You're entirely right when you point out that the player in those vids is showing off exceptional abilities that virtually guarantee success as well as lots of cool explosions... I prefer a bit more drama and risk, up front, rather than streams of meaningless enemies I can shrug off. I want to have to develop some actual "skill" in order to be successful.

I haven't played any of the more recent (ie: Last friggin' decade) FPS games. Some look to be a lot more "realistic" than others, but there are a bunch of them that only shine when played in multiplayer. (ie: ARMA, etc)

It's old as heck, but if played at the appropriate difficulty level, it's suitably realistic - M&B:Warband. :) And, it rewards "skill" due to its awesome combat system. When it comes down to combat, that's generally my go-to game. Though, I've also enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront II (old version) and did enjoy the first reboot of that in multiplayer, for awhile.

Anyway, the point being that I agree with you in that games that give the player a huge advantage over most enemies in terms of special abilities aren't games I really like that much. They can be pretty, with huge 'splosions and cool effects, but that isn't exactly "depth of play."

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 17:39

fiksal wrote:
Morkonan wrote:
a little?

Did you not listen to the narrator who said that for this demonstration they will be unlocking those more advanced features? in other words, they were basically unlocking the digital-nano ages of Empire Earth against primitive tribes in level comparison which in cyberpunk is a measure of 'street cred' I don't believe things will be as easy as the demo showed, but that is definitely a valid concern.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 19:17

to reiterate, I am not saying that it's not a good game or a good shooter. This is just what was shown.

Morkonan wrote: I prefer a bit more drama and risk, up front, rather than streams of meaningless enemies I can shrug off. I want to have to develop some actual "skill" in order to be successful.
right? being RPG and all...
theeclownbroze wrote: Did you not listen to the narrator who said that for this demonstration they will be unlocking those more advanced features? in other words, they were basically unlocking the digital-nano ages of Empire Earth against primitive tribes in level comparison which in cyberpunk is a measure of 'street cred' I don't believe things will be as easy as the demo showed, but that is definitely a valid concern.
Yeah I heard that. And there's no way to know how close this is to real game. If they wanted to show overpowered abilities, maybe they should've picked overpowered enemies. The claim is that this is 'the' gameplay... so...

In their demo, the auto locking rifle was laying right in the enemy base... so, that wasnt unlocking anything, it was right there. The enemies only used the through-walls-rifle to little or no effect.

Return to “Off Topic English”