Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 17:42

Finished it and while I think it is a good game, its not anything better than just 'good'. It was fun but not exceptional.
Spoiler
Show
I'm annoyed that all the advertising for the game was painting the game to be an RPG with lots of possibilities ("In night city you can be anyone, anything" said Keanu) and you can do what you like, but that's just not true. Its far more rigid and restrictive than it wanted to be. You don't play as whoever you like, you play as V and their story. All the side quests are part of V's story. There's very, very little deviation. Its just like playing Witcher with Geralt - you're still playing the character as designed rather than RPGs like Mass Effect or Dragon Age where you could make the character as good or bad as you want.

On top of the limited narrative, there're parts of the game that were huge attractions that turned out very hollow and had very little impact on the game like cybernetics and life-paths. Life path was nothing more than 3 different short prologues and some dialogue options while cybernetics had no contextual use outside of standard combat. I remember that first teaser trailer of police taking down a woman with mantis blades and I thought there would be more of a focus on things like that. It was just very limited in variety and uses.

Not a huge fan of the looter/shooter mechanics either. I never visited a weapon shop once.

All in all it seemed like a game the devs gradually pulled back and made it quite generic. The best parts that were left were the characters and setting. Maybe a future sequel could do what this couldn't.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 18:36

I found an awesome quick hack. Not really sure where, probably a random loot from hacking access points, but it infects a target with cyberpsychosis and they go on a rampage attacking good and bad guys then they commit suicide if there's no one left to attack. So if you stay hidden, you can turn this loose on the right guy and take out a good chunk of the bad guys without giving yourself away. It also turns droids and robots to friendly units. Totally OP but totally fun!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 20:05

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 18:36
I found an awesome quick hack. Not really sure where, probably a random loot from hacking access points, but it infects a target with cyberpsychosis and they go on a rampage attacking good and bad guys then they commit suicide if there's no one left to attack. So if you stay hidden, you can turn this loose on the right guy and take out a good chunk of the bad guys without giving yourself away. It also turns droids and robots to friendly units. Totally OP but totally fun!
If you get quickhack high enough then you're been rewarded with the plans for that (and others) in epic and further on also in legendary version. No need for crafting skill to create those.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 20:24

oh jeez wouldn't matter if i could craft em or was rewarded them. I've got thousands of quick hack crafting components.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Sat, 2. Jan 21, 12:59

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 17:42
Finished it and while I think it is a good game, its not anything better than just 'good'. It was fun but not exceptional.
Spoiler
Show
I'm annoyed that all the advertising for the game was painting the game to be an RPG with lots of possibilities ("In night city you can be anyone, anything" said Keanu) and you can do what you like, but that's just not true. Its far more rigid and restrictive than it wanted to be. You don't play as whoever you like, you play as V and their story. All the side quests are part of V's story. There's very, very little deviation. Its just like playing Witcher with Geralt - you're still playing the character as designed rather than RPGs like Mass Effect or Dragon Age where you could make the character as good or bad as you want.

On top of the limited narrative, there're parts of the game that were huge attractions that turned out very hollow and had very little impact on the game like cybernetics and life-paths. Life path was nothing more than 3 different short prologues and some dialogue options while cybernetics had no contextual use outside of standard combat. I remember that first teaser trailer of police taking down a woman with mantis blades and I thought there would be more of a focus on things like that. It was just very limited in variety and uses.

Not a huge fan of the looter/shooter mechanics either. I never visited a weapon shop once.

All in all it seemed like a game the devs gradually pulled back and made it quite generic. The best parts that were left were the characters and setting. Maybe a future sequel could do what this couldn't.
Agree with you that this is good - not expeptional game. Tellingly I kind of got bored by it by 2/3 in the game and shelved it for later playing (also save game bug which was a deal played a part in this).

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 2. Jan 21, 20:00

Just finished the "Secret Ending" for the first time and, although the mission chain is entertaining and challenging, the very end of it is a tad disappointing ....
Spoiler
Show
... it seems the blue eyed guy layed a trap to kill me which is a bit strange because he could have done that without a costly space trip.
Anyway, overall an awesome game and I'll definitely will have another go, probably after RED fixed a few nasty bugs and hopefully implement an open ending as in W3 (so you can keep loot and xp after the showdown).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 17:38

revealed on Tuesday, only saw this on another site and thought I would post.
his morning, CD Projekt Red revealed they've fallen victim to a cyber attack. Yesterday, they discovered an unknown hacker had gained "unauthorised access to [their] internal network", leaving a ransom note claiming they'd nabbed full copies of the source codes for Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3 and Gwent, as well as internal legal documents. At this time, CDPR don't believe any personal player data has been taken. They're still investigating the incident.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cd-pro ... d#comments

Bad news for the company, I don't know if this will effect updates on the game or not? probably might. But this is going to hurt the devs a lot.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 18:22

matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 17:38
But this is going to hurt the devs a lot.
Uhh why?

They said they weren't paying the ransom. They didn't lose access to any of their source code. Sun still comes up in the morning. If anyone does release anything using their source code, they'll have grounds to sue and likely will.

CDPR wasn't the first to be hacked and they won't be the last. Shit, Sony and Nintendo both have suffered a far worse than this and they're still around.

This is a minor incident. They'll fix the hole in their security and life will move on.
rebellionpac.com

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 18:36

Unless they found some spicy mails, or proof of code that a lot of things got cut from final version (for other reasons than that it was buggy/unfinised). they should be safe.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:06

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 18:22
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 17:38
But this is going to hurt the devs a lot.
Uhh why?

They said they weren't paying the ransom. They didn't lose access to any of their source code. Sun still comes up in the morning. If anyone does release anything using their source code, they'll have grounds to sue and likely will.

CDPR wasn't the first to be hacked and they won't be the last. Shit, Sony and Nintendo both have suffered a far worse than this and they're still around.

This is a minor incident. They'll fix the hole in their security and life will move on.
Well some / all the files have been sold on the dark web already,

https://www.ign.com/articles/stolen-cd- ... 38121068=1

also it probably will effect the devs at least in the short term.

The problem is, it depends on where the files go to, even if the devs do sue, it may not work, especailly if the files are outside of the EU or the US. where digical laws are next to none existent. What it more, its not just cyberpunk the hackers got, but a few other games too. The thing is, Sony and Nintendo are both publishers, and make hardware. so a hack won't really hurt them too much. for a dev studio that makes only a few games every so often, it a bit of a different kettle of fish. lets not forget that the studio / company had lawsuits against them from investors. (not sure how that played out?) So its been a bad time for the company.

So anyway, It is bad news. And seems that the studio was hacked before. I hope that the studio survives, but with the way things are happening, it certainly will effect things.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:34

And then what? Someone in China makes a Cyberpunk ripoff? I seem to recall something similar happened with Fortnite and last I checked, that game is still a cash cow. It ain't great news, sure, but it ain't life changing news, either. The worst that will happen for anyone at CDPR is maybe the folks that were responsible for their IT security gets canned. But in all likelihood, they'll revamp their security. If every business went up in flames because they got hacked, we would be in serious serious trouble right now.
rebellionpac.com

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 03:11

matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:06
So anyway, It is bad news. And seems that the studio was hacked before. I hope that the studio survives, but with the way things are happening, it certainly will effect things.
Nah not really. This may be news to you, but as someone who came from the region, this is par for the course. I can tell you it's probably harder to find a popular game that's not already got stolen and dressed up in China than to find a game that haven't. Over the years ... actually scratch that, over the 'decades' I have seen everything from Sim City to Warhammer to Fortnight showed up on the China market as a clone.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 20:06
The problem is, it depends on where the files go to, even if the devs do sue, it may not work, especailly if the files are outside of the EU or the US.
And why would that be a problem? Unless China hold a major source of revenue for the games ... which it doesn't. You can have tons of players in China, and get a small amount of them not using a bootleg version. The "legal" power still have its use though. Like I said shit like this are as common as pollution in China, yet do you know why you rarely heard about it in the West? It's because if these games show up in the Western market, they will get sued so no publishers gonna do that. In the end, even if a Cyberpunk "clone" come into existence down the line, it will be something created for local consumption and have no bearing on the market share for Western developer/publishers.

I think the only reason this becomes news because it's Cyberpunk. :wink:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - Patch 1.2

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:15

Here we go again! This time, with RTX :mrgreen:

GOG: Cyberpunk 2077 - patch 1.2 is here

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:16

Nice reward from Regina now
Spoiler
Show
25k and 2 legendary items with max slots
Cheers Euclid

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 17:06

Patch 1.5 is live with quite some changes and DLCs.

On GOG it seems to be a full redownload (~47 GB).

Spoiler
Show

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:26

Seems the patch has some serious bugs (see tech section of the Cyberpunk forum) so I'll wait until things have clarified.

Cheers Euclid

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 09:40

euclid wrote:
Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:26
Seems the patch has some serious bugs (see tech section of the Cyberpunk forum) so I'll wait until things have clarified.

Cheers Euclid
Shame - but kinda suspected that would happen :( .

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 10:23

Guess I'm lucky [again]. Works like a charm here. So far the problems @cyberpunk forum seem to be mostly related to consoles and a few "game won't start" reports.

Only thing I had to do is to update my graphic card driver (before that, performance was meh).

Spoiler
Show

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 12:08

Thanks for the headsup chew-ie. Did you use a saved game or a new game?

Cheers Euclid

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 12:25

Currently testing old saves from 1.3 (one pre-heist, one advanced savegame); I'll settle with the pre-heist for my new playthrough :)

edit #1 from what I read a lot of trouble also comes from installed mods / e.g. RED Modding states that all modding tools have to be updated (CET, WolvenKit, RedScript, Red4Ext) due to the heavy changes of the patch. Always funny to read - I don't get it why some people reporting bugs don't get the concept of that mods are indeed a potential way to break your game. Even the smallest modification of the game can wreak havoc.

On that note: I'm playing completely vanilla.

---

edit #2 just witnessed my first car chase - police vs maelstrom

Police lost ^^

Spoiler
Show

Return to “Off Topic English”