Star Trek Discovery

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Redvers Ganderpoke

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 10:29

I thought that episode 2 wasn't too bad and I only realised right at the end why, It didn'thave Michael in it until the end. I still have to watch this on my own, as the wife has a lower tolerance for nonsense tv.
At least now we are getting to know the crew.
I'm not dead, I just don't post very often anymore.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 13:10

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:
Sun, 1. Nov 20, 10:29
At least now we are getting to know the crew.
Sorry to disappoint but you wont.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 19:51

I knew you hadn't seen the show. Watch it first, comment after. The crew of the ship wasn't replaced at any point. If you haven't figured out who they are, you didn't watch season 1 or 2.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 21:38

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 1. Nov 20, 19:51
I knew you hadn't seen the show.
Dont say silly things you dont know.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 22:17

You're the one that implied that you don't know who the crew is. The only way that would be possible is if you hadn't seen the show. So that leads me to believe you've just read some review and coopted someone else's opinions for your own.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 02:10

You should avoid making assumptions and also lose the habit of attacking the person instead of their opinion. You can disagree with me without questioning my character.

Now I quoted some one else's post that said they wanted to "getting to know the crew", which you dont. My implication is that knowing someone goes beyond remembering their name, considering people are made of so much more. It should have been easy enough to have understood that without having to spell it out.

Also you just would have had to read back a few pages to know "if I watched" the show or not, but guess that would have been too much work.

Btw and since I'm here I watched EP 3 and its mostly crap, 15 min of filler to then get back to Season 1 style writing where stuff happens and only one person can solve it, by doing things the wrong way and then get praised for it. Its baffling!

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 07:15

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 02:10
You should avoid making assumptions and also lose the habit of attacking the person instead of their opinion. You can disagree with me without questioning my character.

Now I quoted some one else's post that said they wanted to "getting to know the crew", which you dont. My implication is that knowing someone goes beyond remembering their name, considering people are made of so much more. It should have been easy enough to have understood that without having to spell it out.

Also you just would have had to read back a few pages to know "if I watched" the show or not, but guess that would have been too much work.
Except I find your assessments consistently missing the mark. There's so many inaccuracies and obvious gaps in basic understanding of the story arc progression that for you to have seen the show and missed those things is mind boggling given how detailed your knowledge is on other subjects. I mean, I know that you're completely capable of grasping all of the rather obvious story concepts that are presented in the show. But you haven't, so, my only conclusion to draw is you haven't seen it.
Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 02:10
Btw and since I'm here I watched EP 3 and its mostly crap, 15 min of filler to then get back to Season 1 style writing where stuff happens and only one person can solve it, by doing things the wrong way and then get praised for it. Its baffling!

MFG

Ketraar
You mean like practically every episode of Star Trek ever?
rebellionpac.com

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 18:10

I'm quite tolerate of low quality sci-fi but I'm afraid I just couldn't be bothered to finish the last two episodes.
I'm not dead, I just don't post very often anymore.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 00:06

I did finish them.

Suffice it to say that I don't think I'll be bothering with Season 4 which, inexplicable to me, is being made.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 12:21

This season killed it for me. Really bad. A shame.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Return to “Off Topic English”