What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 09:28

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 16. Feb 21, 16:49
Spoiler
Show
Disney announced they're doing a Deadpool movie as part of the MCU phase 5 and Ryan Reynolds is confirmed as the headliner. They're playing the X-Men thing very close to the chest, though. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they struck a deal with Fox to incorporate the X-Men movies into the MCU as canon to pick up additional sales of the X-Men movies Fox produced.

I think the prevailing theory is that what ever is going on with Wandavision is leading up to the Multiverse of Madness and that's going to be the thing that brings X-Men into the MCU. It's just not been clear if they're going to use the same characters from Fox's X-Men or cast new ones.

I wouldn't be concerned about the costumes though. That was just a call back to the comics and really intended as a "neat" moment but not directly relevant to the story.
Just to be sure, I put it into a spoiler...
Spoiler
Show
At a certain point in time, Wanda "killed" all the mutants with her "NO. MORE. MUTANTS.".
Perhaps this is a new timeline where she creates them...

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:04

pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 07:44
felter wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 03:59
They are also trying to get time team back into production.
I don't think it would be the same without Mick Aston and his mad hair.
He actually only appeared in around 2/3 of the original programmes. Personally I think if they do decide to do a remake, it should be a totally new cast. Also you have to take in the age of the old presenters, Phil Harding is 71, Mick Aston would be 75, while Tony Robinson is also 75 this year, so none of them are youngsters any more. Tony Robinson has also said he would like to be involved but he is pretty busy so he doubts he would be able to present it. While Phil Harding who is still digging, has not commented on being involved. As far as I'm aware, but it would be nice to hear more on any of this.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:28

felter wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:04
Personally I think if they do decide to do a remake, it should be a totally new cast.
Completely agree, a total reboot would be the way to go. Neil Oliver springs to mind as well as the other fella he used to present with on TV, whose name I forget, but is also in a similar profession.
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:51

What's going on here, there is something totally wrong with this, someone actually agreeing with me for a change. :o

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 21:22

:lol:

Tony Pollard!

Two Men in a Trench was the programme! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WwjO77zht8

Excellent! ( Unless memory fails me... )

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 21:29

Disney Star which is kind of like Disney + and hulu light combined launched today in a variety of countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_(Disney%2B)

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 21:47

Wasn't there a comedy sketch done about Time Team, done by I don't remember who, which took the mickey out of the size of the Time Team, team? A small alternative program filming a dig, only to be invaded over the hill by the hordes of Time team?

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 08:48

Just began watching Misfits, it has some funny bits here and there.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 22:39

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 08:48
Misfits is fantastic. Rudy is great (the actor's also great in Preacher).

Just finished the last series of Agents of Shield and am now watching Who's Line Is It Anyway? with the kids, and watching Justified myself. Just started series 2. Watching the Madolorian with missus and son.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 08:58

esd wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 22:39
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 08:48
Misfits is fantastic. Rudy is great (the actor's also great in Preacher).

Just finished the last series of Agents of Shield and am now watching Who's Line Is It Anyway? with the kids, and watching Justified myself. Just started series 2. Watching the Madolorian with missus and son.
Rudy just appeared, I agree on his acting on Preacher. Ruth Negga is also into the show.
I liked Iwan Rheon too.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 18:25

Not posted an Anime for while now. non non biyori is a comedy about kids living in the Japan Countryside with their daily lives attending school and playing games. There is no violence, no swearing, no sexualise content and so far the only blood I have seen, is when one of the characters pricked their finger with a needle while sewing. So this one is suitable for everyone young and old. It's free to watch on Crunchyroll (linked) don't know how much longer that will last, as I expect Sony to get rid of that option when they take over later in the year.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 15:29

felter wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:04
pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 07:44
felter wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 03:59
They are also trying to get time team back into production.
I don't think it would be the same without Mick Aston and his mad hair.
He actually only appeared in around 2/3 of the original programmes. Personally I think if they do decide to do a remake, it should be a totally new cast. Also you have to take in the age of the old presenters, Phil Harding is 71, Mick Aston would be 75, while Tony Robinson is also 75 this year, so none of them are youngsters any more. Tony Robinson has also said he would like to be involved but he is pretty busy so he doubts he would be able to present it. While Phil Harding who is still digging, has not commented on being involved. As far as I'm aware, but it would be nice to hear more on any of this.
They are releasing the old shows on a Sunday and Wednesday on youtube at 18:00GMT. They also announced that Victor Ambrus, who did all those marvelous illustrations, passed away in February 2021. Mick Aston died in 2013.
A flower?

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 18:39

Time Team was awesome, but the "team" had it's day. I'm sure there are other charismatic characters out there who could do a good job - just whether those who grew up watching the original would be willing to give it fair time (given it'd take a while to gel and really be interesting - watch the first few originals vs season 4/5 to see what i mean).

I'm going retro; recently watched...

Funny Face
Roman Holiday
Sabrina (yeah, I got a cheap Audrey Hepburn collection).
You'll never get rich
You were never lovelier (okay, also Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire - with a couple of Ginger Rogers to go)
Casablanca (I've got a Bogart collection to work through as well...)

Goes without saying, completely different to most modern films and entirely enjoyable because of that :D

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 16:20

Chips wrote:
Mon, 8. Mar 21, 18:39

Funny Face
Roman Holiday
Sabrina (yeah, I got a cheap Audrey Hepburn collection).
You'll never get rich
You were never lovelier (okay, also Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire - with a couple of Ginger Rogers to go)
Casablanca (I've got a Bogart collection to work through as well...)

Goes without saying, completely different to most modern films and entirely enjoyable because of that :D
Wife has all the Fred Astaire 1930 RKO films (mainly with Ginger) all the way up to later 60s ones. The early ones are quite good if you want a gentle comedy with classic songs.
A flower?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 16:32

I have rediscovered Monkey! On Netflix and redone by the Australians this time. Strangely enough I still find it entertaining, even though it is almost probably, aimed at children... :oops:

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80184682

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 20:28

Started to watch Debris, an unusual sci fi series.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 08:49

It looks interesting, I'm taking a look at it in the future.

I'm recently watching Attack on Titan and find it really enjoyable.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 17:41

Watched the trailer for 'Bring It On, Ghost,' on Netflix, and decided to give the (South Korean) series a try. And real glad I did.

12 rated, and definitely with a young adult feel, it's a paranormal drama with a strong vein of (slapstick) comedy running through it. The two central characters are a college student who doubles up as an exorcist in an attempt to gain enough money to get his eyes (that can see ghosts) fixed, and a young female ghost who suffers from amnesia.

The acting is pretty good, and it has the feel of a pretty high budget production about it, with the supporting actors really adding to a very well-rounded series.

A solid double thumbs-up from me.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 04:19

Just finished watching Zack Snyder's Justice League, took me a few days to watch it all the way through as it is around 4 hours long and it is good, way better than the original.

Also been watching resident alien, staring Alan Tudyk as an alien who crash lands on Earth, where he takes the likeness of a doctor and is given a job in a small town as their resident doctor, once again it's pretty good and worth a watch.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 05:19

Came across Manifest by accident. Just started season 2 and still hooked. Thrid season suppose to be aired in April.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “Off Topic English”