What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Tamina » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 14:08

Dune 2 in the cinema here is completely booked out for the next 2 Weeks, so I did not have the chance to see it so far :D I only watched the first part on my TV but definitely looking forward to see it on the big screen and sound stage. :D

Binged the Live Action Avatar The Last Airbender series on Netflix instead. It is surprisingly good, just a bit hectic in storytelling. They would have done themselves a favour by doubling the episodes.

The story of the original series was shrunken-down by mixing different episodes into one. Some prominent characters and storylines have like 20 second screen time that way.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 18:05

Because of reasons I finally bought the Terminator movies I was still missing in my library (@rebuy) and now I'm waiting patiently for the weekend :mrgreen:
Last edited by chew-ie on Tue, 23. Apr 24, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 11:39

It looks like the Fallout tv series is being released a day early on April 10, 2024. All episodes should be released on that date.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 11:41

burger1 wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 24, 11:39
It looks like the Fallout tv series is being released a day early on April 10, 2024. All episodes should be released on that date.
Wake me up when there is a non-Amazon release [on DVD / BlueRay / whatever].

Spoiler
Show

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 23:05

Just finished watching Against All Enemies, A documentary feature film that explores the critical role of military veterans in domestic violent extremist groups (their words). It's pretty interesting and shows just how screwed up America is and just how dumb Americans actually are. One thing I found interesting was that America has no domestic terrorist laws which explains why MAGA is called a cult group when in reality they are a terrorist organization, especially as there is little difference between how they operate and the like of ISIS operate, as they both use the exact same tactics. You also have to ask how can they call someone else a terrorist when they cannot even call their home-grown terrorists, terrorists. It boggles the mind how a country can call itself great, but yet fails on this simple term of classification. It's also funny listening to the right wing MAGA nutters saying all these nasty things about their fellows countrymen, while in reality not realizing what they are talking about is themselves and their beliefs, that they are the bad guys not everyone else. Worth a watch, though I don't think it's worth the £5 to rent it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 09:54

chew-ie wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 24, 11:41
burger1 wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 24, 11:39
Wake me up when there is a non-Amazon release [on DVD / BlueRay / whatever].
Does a private Plex server count? =p
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 10:29

Fallout tv series was ok in my opinion. First 2 or so episodes weren't the best episodes. Has some twists like Fallout games do. Would have deleted some scenes to make it more suitable for a younger audience.

If you don't want to pay for prime add an address in another country like UK, Germany, US, Canada etc... and go to that website and get a free 30 day trial. No vpn or region changer needed. Ad blockers on pc/browsers seem to block ads.

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire. Was mostly like Ghostbusters Afterlife but with a bit of Ghostbusters 2. Was good to see the older characters return. Probably a film to see at home that's part of a service you sub to.

Next up might be Dr. Who May 10, 2024 and Furiosa May 24, 2024.

Lord of War 2 with Nicholas Cage is being made.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds Renewed up to season 4 so far.

Fallout 4 getting an update probably due to the tv series.

sabbede
x4

Post by sabbede » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 00:45

Anyone else see Rebel Moon on Netflix and think, "Wow, X3 era Argons were real jerks."?
Biggest dang Centaur I've ever seen...
Asus TUF x570 PRO Wi-Fi
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
32gig Patriot Viper PC4-35200
RTX 3070Ti
EVGA 850 GS PSU
Windows 10 x64
and a joystick.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 19:11

Watched last night The 3 Body Problem (Netflix) and got hoocked after the 1st episode.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 21:26

If you want a fairly easy-to-watch US White House drama series (no, not the Trump trials), then Designated Survivor is not bad. It's a bit like a Tom Clancy plot along with seemingly realistic political and conscience-led intrigues. Good dialogue and pretty good acting by the principal cast too. (Kiefer Sutherland plays the unprepared and surprised President, and Natascha McElhone, the actress who plays Dr Halsey in the Halo TV series, is the First Lady.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 21:33

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 24, 21:26
If you want a fairly easy-to-watch US White House drama series (no, not the Trump trials) [..]
:eg:

---

Going back to some old movies - right now: Airplane II: The Sequel

Spoiler
Show

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 22:56

I have returned to watching American Gods.

Enough time passed since I watched the first season, watching the second one and enjoying so far
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 13:48

Watched Fallout. Thought it was great, no real complaints other than it was too short. S2 was confirmed before S1 aired.

Also watching The Regime, three or four episodes in and they've managed to not name this Eastern European nation. Great acting, and I'm not sure who is more insane: the Chancellor or the corporal.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “Off Topic English”