What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 29. Dec 20, 21:42

All 3 of the Stargate TV series are leaving Amazon Prime in a couple of days. Netflix has already picked up SG-1, again. Haven't seen any word if they're going to pick up Atlantis and Universe as well, though, I would be surprised if they didn't. Definitely binge worthy TV shows!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 29. Dec 20, 22:03

Stargate Atlantis and Angel are my two go-to series which I can watch again and again.

It might be time for Atlantis just one more time... :)

Wonder if SGU will ever reboot...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 10:48

Well seems like there was a last minute contract renewal and Stargate is back on the menu with Amazon Prime. You may continue to enjoy your off world adventures!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 11:14

Not in the UK, unfortunately. Atlantis is available via MGM, but that's an added subscription here. SG1 is chargeable per episode/series, but I believe they're available on Sky with the relevant subscription.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 14:12

Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 11:14
Not in the UK, unfortunately. Atlantis is available via MGM, but that's an added subscription here. SG1 is chargeable per episode/series, but I believe they're available on Sky with the relevant subscription.
SG1 is on Netflix, at least in the US. The others aren't, though. I forgot but I did buy the entire franchise on Amazon a while back.
rebellionpac.com

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 14:30

Ah, they're all available on 'Sky' for me, so I'm happy. - Might have to SG-1 - Atlantis over next few weeks. - They're not available on any other platform (free) here.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 16:55

Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 14:30
Ah, they're all available on 'Sky' for me, so I'm happy. - Might have to SG-1 - Atlantis over next few weeks. - They're not available on any other platform (free) here.
Um, Sky isn't a free platform either, unless things have changed massively since I was with them a few years ago?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 17:46

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 16:55
Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 14:30
Um, Sky isn't a free platform either, unless things have changed massively since I was with them a few years ago?
gavrushka wrote:Not in the UK, unfortunately. Atlantis is available via MGM, but that's an added subscription here. SG1 is chargeable per episode/series, but I believe they're available on Sky with the relevant subscription.
Umm, no, it does still require a subscription. Nothing changed in the intervening hours since I made this post, but perhaps I should've explicitly stated that...

...I feel such shame.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 23:28

If you have a paid Crunchroll account, KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!- Legend of Crimson film has been released in English today, if you don't have a paid account it will be free in a weeks time. Highly recommend it. I'm going to miss Crunchyroll when Sony takes it over, I suspect the free side of it will probably go.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Mon, 4. Jan 21, 18:41

currently watching expanse season 5, so far its been better than last series.

also watching final series of vikings.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 4. Jan 21, 23:08

Soul by Pixar
It is about a struggling musician, who dies and finds the meaning of life.

Best. Pixar movie. Ever.
Okay there are many many very good Pixar movies and they all fight for the throne. And I love Pixar in general. However, this one got a special place in my heart. :) I loved every bit, the story is so touching.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 03:30

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 4. Jan 21, 23:08
Best. Pixar movie. Ever.
Okay there are many many very good Pixar movies and they all fight for the throne. And I love Pixar in general. However, this one got a special place in my heart. :) I loved every bit, the story is so touching.
Very nice movie indeed. Though I'd challenge your "best ever" with such as Wall-E and UP. :P

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 16:25

Wanda Vision... yes.....

First 2 episodes are available and I love the creepy vibe. Can't wait to see what happens with this series!
rebellionpac.com

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 09:45

If anyone is planning to watch the film 'Archive' on its digital release tomorrow, I wouldn't mind hearing their opinion of it. - BBC review has piqued my curiosity.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 14:20

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jan 21, 16:25
Wanda Vision... yes.....

First 2 episodes are available and I love the creepy vibe. Can't wait to see what happens with this series!
Reminds me a bit of "The Prisoner" (1960's version). Won't explain as it gives away too much.
A flower?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 15:50

Gavrushka wrote:
Sun, 17. Jan 21, 09:45
If anyone is planning to watch the film 'Archive' on its digital release tomorrow, I wouldn't mind hearing their opinion of it. - BBC review has piqued my curiosity.
Just bought from Sky Store for £7.99. (It's £8.99 on Amazon.)

*edit*

Archive is a good film, near future scifi, with one central character surrounded by AIs of varying complexity. Some great twists, emotionally charged scenes and ending that I just didn't see coming.

Not a classic, but good for a couple of hours of intense viewing.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 4. Feb 21, 02:57

Watched the controversal TV show Messiah available on Netflix. It's a shame the series was cancelled due to the many complains (churches, political parties, nations etc.).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 5. Feb 21, 12:14

It's happening! MCU is bringing on X-Men!!!
Wandavision Ep 5 spoiler
Show
Even Peters, who portrayed Quicksilver in the X-Men movies has made his first appearance in Wandavision as Pietro Maximoff. This is gonna be interesting to see how they play this off since Darcie remarked, "She recast Pietro?!". Regardless, with the Maximoffs being Magneto's kids, this may be one of the bridges between Fox's X-Men cast and what Disney is going to do with the X-Men going forward. There's even some speculation that Magneto is going to make an appearance in the final episode of Wandavision; they are being super tight lipped on who the surprise cameo will be other than to say there is a big reveal coming. I didn't mind Michael Fassbender as Magneto, so it'd be cool if they bring him in as well.
It'll be interesting to see if Disney adopts the more recent X-Men movies as canon in part or in whole into the MCU.
rebellionpac.com

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sat, 6. Feb 21, 23:42

euclid wrote:
Thu, 4. Feb 21, 02:57
Watched the controversal TV show Messiah available on Netflix. It's a shame the series was cancelled due to the many complains (churches, political parties, nations etc.).

Cheers Euclid
Cancelled? That's a real pity - I thought it handled a tricky subject rather well and I was interested to see how they progressed the story.

Oh well, back to rewatching BSG reboot :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 20:52

berth wrote:
Sat, 6. Feb 21, 23:42
euclid wrote:
Thu, 4. Feb 21, 02:57

Cheers Euclid
Cancelled? That's a real pity - I thought it handled a tricky subject rather well and I was interested to see how they progressed the story.

Oh well, back to rewatching BSG reboot :)
Makes you wonder about a possible "Second Comming"; maybe it has happened already and he's rotting in some mental institute ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “Off Topic English”