Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

burger1
x3tc

Playing other games

Post by burger1 » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 02:28

What are you currently playing?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 02:29

Waiting for Bioshock 1 remastered to download. If that doesn't hold my interest maybe Dragon Age Inquisition.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 02:34

This evening I thought I'd fire up Cities Skylines again but I can't get the dams to work :(

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 02:37

I haven't played a game in... a long time. I dunno what's happening to me in that respect. :(

I played a little bit of Prison Architect awhile back ago and I played some of the new Early Access "The Spatials: Galactology" which I highly recommend to any sci-fi gamer. It's loaded with all sorts of fun space-station building/management features, and promises to be a great game. (The devs gave it away for free to previous owners of "The Spatials" (A good game in its own right) and that's how I got it.)

I really want to get back into playing at least a few games, now and then. I've been doing a bit more with 3D work as a hobby, so I may have invested more creative spirit in that than in gaming, lately. I dunno... I still find it troubling, if you can believe it. Withdrawing from activities one used to find frequently enjoyable is a sign of depression, which I've probably got a bit of too. :)

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 03:09

The annual September Madden franchise...this time with the Rams in honor of their return to LA.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 08:12

Just completed Saints Row the Third for the second time. Not sure what I'll move onto next...my broadband is getting upgraded next Tuesday so I don't want to start any downloads until that's in place, so it'll have to be something that's already installed on my PC. Might have another game of GC3 or Civ5...

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 09:26

Morkonan wrote:I haven't played a game in... a long time. I dunno what's happening to me in that respect. :(...

.... Withdrawing from activities one used to find frequently enjoyable is a sign of depression, which I've probably got a bit of too. :)
Similar feelings here. :wink:

I play mainly Elite Dangerous, but it's only about a couple of hours a week, It seems to take me an age to complete anything, and waiting for the servers to update and display missions etc. is getting me frustrated...more than it should do I think, so perhaps I should put that game aside for now...(for my own sanity :D ). I sometimes dip into 'Age of Mythology' or 'Civ V' now and again, for a quick blast, but I don't get the same fun with games as I used too, at the moment.

Off topic...sorta....I'm also trying to get back into hobbies I once enjoyed, photography for example. I've just splashed out on a new DSLR camera, great!....BUT!...I went to print off some photo's yesterday...AND...my printer stopped working, dead as a dodo, so it looks like I'm going to have to buy a new one. Two steps forward...one step back...(or so it seems).

I'm turning into a 'Victor Meldrew'...&*%&*$ unbelievable! :D

Oldman :)

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 12:06

Mainly Squad and I can't see myself switching to any other "main game" anytime soon. It simply is very good and depending on who you play with every round feels different.

Other than that, a bit of everything really. I slapped a bunch of mods on Fallout 4 and now it plays really well. Also play a bit of Stellaris, Hearts of Iron 4, Rimworld and Naval Action.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 12:35

clakclak wrote:Also play a bit of Stellaris
I'm holding off on Stellaris until they release the Heinlein patch in October, because that's supposed to make some fairly major changes to how things work in the game.

ATTACK_HAMSTER
x3tc

Post by ATTACK_HAMSTER » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 12:36

clakclak wrote:Mainly Squad and I can't see myself switching to any other "main game" anytime soon. It simply is very good and depending on who you play with every round feels different
How is the optimization these days? I bought the game when it first launched to support it's development, so apart from about 20 hours in game back then, i haven't played it since, as i thought i would wait to see how it develops.

Back OT - Currently playing world of warships at the moment, as i can either drop in for an hour or two, or play as little as 15-20 mins, it scratches that casual itch. For a game to lose myself in, i'm hammering Rimworld - Just got 9 colonists safe on a dead is dead game, i daren't load it up sometimes :D
You ain't getting me on no M3 Fool !

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 13:37

Tropico 4.

Hey, it was free. :)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 13:39

Skyrim on 360...500 plus hours on the same character.
when its not that, its dark souls 1 or 2..
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 14:07

A bit of Skyrim (went back to it after a long pause). Entertaining enough but I'd forgotten about the random CTDs so quick-save ftw.

A bit of Xcom Apocalypse which is still brilliant imho. Started afresh on superhuman and just about surviving the early game.

A bit of Albion Prelude because I hadn't got around to it before and felt it was time I did - not sure I'm ready though.

And I also will have another look at Stellaris once the next patch comes out.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 14:34

Rimworld and FFXIV.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 14:34

1# Skyrim again after a break (was a nightmare to get all mods up-to-date and running).

2# Homeworld Remastered (besides the eye-candy quite a disappointment)

3# Diablo 3 (finished season 7 some weeks ago)

4# Age of Conan (still my "main" game)

Got Stellaris on my Amazon wish list ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 16:09

ATTACK_HAMSTER wrote:
clakclak wrote:Mainly Squad and I can't see myself switching to any other "main game" anytime soon. It simply is very good and depending on who you play with every round feels different
How is the optimization these days? I bought the game when it first launched to support it's development, so apart from about 20 hours in game back then, i haven't played it since, as i thought i would wait to see how it develops.[...]
Vehicles are now in the game and the coursed some new performance issues, but before they came out many other issues have been solved. If you have an AMD processor it is apperently not so great. There seem to be problems that go deeper and are rooted in the unreal engine 4 rather than the game itself. If you are using Intel it works just fine, if you think about getting back into it, I would wait till V8 comes out (probably later this month or somewhere at the start of next month). The devs promised that V8 will have a focus on performance for all systems.
berth wrote:A bit of Skyrim (went back to it after a long pause). Entertaining enough but I'd forgotten about the random CTDs so quick-save ftw.[...]
EDIT: Do you have SKSE installed?
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

ATTACK_HAMSTER
x3tc

Post by ATTACK_HAMSTER » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 17:44

clakclak wrote:Vehicles are now in the game and the coursed some new performance issues, but before they came out many other issues have been solved. If you have an AMD processor it is apperently not so great. There seem to be problems that go deeper and are rooted in the unreal engine 4 rather than the game itself. If you are using Intel it works just fine, if you think about getting back into it, I would wait till V8 comes out (probably later this month or somewhere at the start of next month). The devs promised that V8 will have a focus on performance for all systems.
Thanks for letting me know, much appriciated, will wait for V8 before it giving another whirl. The game has so much potential, just wish it was in the same state as Project Reality, hopefully it won't be too long :)
You ain't getting me on no M3 Fool !

berth
x4

Post by berth » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 17:54

clakclak wrote:
berth wrote:A bit of Skyrim (went back to it after a long pause). Entertaining enough but I'd forgotten about the random CTDs so quick-save ftw.[...]
Is that a mod? I'm playing a pure vanilla game now but I did have some graphics mods a while back. CTDs have been an issue for me since day 1..

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 18:18

I'm playing through every faction in Dawn of War 2: Retribution... It was fine going through the same missions the first three times, but for the last couple it's gotten depressing... But I arbitrarily decided I can't tick it off as 'completed' till I play through the lot, so...

Mind, it's still reasonably fun in some ways, and I'm leaving the Orcs till last, so the dialogue should be entertaining.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 19:20

berth wrote:
clakclak wrote:
Is that a mod? I'm playing a pure vanilla game now but I did have some graphics mods a while back. CTDs have been an issue for me since day 1..
SKSE is the Skyrim Script Extender. Since version 1.7 something they have intigrated the CTD (memory) fix you had to do manually before into their package. Skse is needed for a lot of mods to work, but itself does not change anything in the game. As far as I am aware it is the easiest way to fix almost all CTDs.

For more information:https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/di ... /?l=german

The only thing you have to do different after installing it is that you have to use Skse.exe instead if the skyrim.exe to Start the game for SKSE to work (execute as admin).
Last edited by clakclak on Fri, 16. Sep 16, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic English”