Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 05:48

I wouldn't get excited about the Senate voting or not, as the Democrats have already said they will not be sending over the paperwork to take that vote forward till at least the first 100 days of Biden's Presidency has past, so it will be some time before that happens. And a lot can happen between now and then. Me I'm more interested in who if anyone Trump is going to pardon before next Wednesday, and will he try and pardon himself, that to me is the main question right now. Do you think he will give one to Rudi, that's a good question, maybe he could sell one to Rudi in place of the cash he already owes the guy, or maybe he will just tell him to get stuffed. :gruebel:
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 07:55

felter wrote:
Fri, 15. Jan 21, 05:48
I wouldn't get excited about the Senate voting or not, as the Democrats have already said they will not be sending over the paperwork to take that vote forward till at least the first 100 days of Biden's Presidency has past, so it will be some time before that happens. And a lot can happen between now and then. Me I'm more interested in who if anyone Trump is going to pardon before next Wednesday, and will he try and pardon himself, that to me is the main question right now. Do you think he will give one to Rudi, that's a good question, maybe he could sell one to Rudi in place of the cash he already owes the guy, or maybe he will just tell him to get stuffed. :gruebel:
It could be a well considered move to delay the impeachment. Just imagine the kind of trouble Trump will get up to during that time, with no one but his own counsel and that of his extremists on his marginalised social media platforms. I feel he does lack the basic intelligent to realise how dumb he is, so doubtless he'll feel he can outwit the various security services by donning a false moustache on his profile and calling himself Mr Fluffy.

-And I have no doubt Biden will consider reappointing one or two people to the securities service who Trump vilified and sacked. They, I imagine, will be ever so diligent.

Won't the state appoint legal defence for Trump if no one else will take the case. He may try and represent himself...

Just realised, aren't US prison suits orange? :)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 11:16

I'll say this for the US. As much as the last four years have been a complete train wreck, at some point the idea that the courts, law enforcement and those thousands of troops are there to ensure the (hopefully!) peaceful transfer of power, not its continuation in the hands of the ruling party, is going to sink in.

That might plant some interesting seeds in places like Russia, Belarus, and China, and cause the leadership some sleepless nights.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 13:56

Removal vans have been spotted at the WH, looks like Trump and family are finally leaving.

https://www.indy100.com/news/donald-tru ... s-b1787689

About dratted time. Still, I wonder where he will live? one of the places he was thinking of moving into, he may have trouble there, as it not suppose to be for private residence.

Then there is a big question mark over his wife, as cold and heartless as Trump, I still suspect she will leave him. I think with all the incoming trouble that Trump will be facing, she will disappear in the sunset. Still, things are finally happening at least.
=

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 14:37

Just saw a great comment on the UK TV comedy show "Mock The Week": "Everyone is making a big thing about how white supremacists occupied the Capitol Building for a couple of hours, yet nobody has batted an eye about them occupying the White House for the last four years."

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 15:05

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 15. Jan 21, 14:37
Just saw a great comment on the UK TV comedy show "Mock The Week": "Everyone is making a big thing about how white supremacists occupied the Capitol Building for a couple of hours, yet nobody has batted an eye about them occupying the White House for the last four years."
Are you kidding? Let's count the times I've made comment about "very fine people". Trump's racism has been a much discussed topic since before he took office. Whoever wrote that joke hasn't been paying attention. Even members of congress called him the "racist-in-chief" during impeachment debates.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 17:01

Now there are reports that WH aides are looting the WH. You know it wouldn't surprise me, if Trump leaves that place in a complete mess. Wouldn't put it past him and his staff. An act of revenge.

And in broad daylight too

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 87948.html

I mean come on, there are some serious double standards at work here. I'm sure Trump will be behind it, But I wonder if those works of art will disappear before the FBI can recover them? But if Trump is behind this, then I hope that it can be proved, and even more evidence to convict him.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 21:41

If this is true, and it seems likely that it might be

Jan. 6 rally organizers had been on Trump campaign payroll, documents show

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/u ... documents/

Looks like there been some big meetings before the rally / riot took place. And yes, Trump is behind it. I really hope the dems throw the book at him. As more evidence is uncovered, the more things point to Trump.

Edit

So Trump is going to pardon around 100 people in the next day or so, mostly those that were part of the rioters. A dumb move, that might backfire on him.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 10:52

Last full day of the Trump presidency! This should be a national... no... global holiday! We deserve the day off. After all, according to the running tally on https://trumpgolfcount.com/, Trump has spent nearly a full year of his 4 years in office on the golf course at a cost of around 144 million to the taxpayers, despite his 2016 campaign promise that he wouldn't have time to play golf. Surely we can take 1 day for ourselves.

It seems somehow fitting, yet still sad, that there are now more troops stationed in DC than there are in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined, to continue the war on terrorism as the orange one slinks away from the soon to be fumigated and deloused building he's occupied for the last 4 years.
This is the cost incurred due to a Trump presidency.
400K dead, and counting, in the US alone from an out-of-control virus in less than a year.
Unemployment rate at a staggering 7%.
Racial violence and white nationalism is at it's highest levels since the 1970s.

I hope that this chapter of ours is coming to an end. The United States is better than this. I know it is. I've been to all 4 corners of this country. And this pettiness, sure, I've seen it, I won't deny it exists. But I've also seen, more frequently I might add, that the people of this country can build communities and work towards the life, liberty, and pursue happiness that the Declaration of Independence promises us, without stabbing each other in the back and using others as a doormat.

When Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country", that wasn't a recruitment slogan. It was a reminder that the US government exists to serve all the people, not just "you". That doesn't mean you have to like every little thing they do. After all, we have a constitutional right to petition the government for redress of grievances. But consider too what the government does for you as well that you are most likely taking for granted. Things such as paving the roads you drive on, providing emergency services, funding and equipping our military - just for starters. And if your fortunes turn for the worse, the government will provide unemployment assistance, means to obtain food, and even some limited health care.

Is it perfect? No, of course not. Personal and corporate greed put a bad taste in any reasonable and rational person's mouth. But we can make it better. We've been progressing for a couple hundred years now and I see no reason to stop.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:10

Looks like he still thinks he is in charge, as he tried to make the final decision in that American travel bans due to the virus would be dropped from the 26th. He can only make decision that effect anything happening up to the 20th because then he is out on his ass. Also that had to be one to the stupidest idea's out there seeing as basically every other country on the planet is restricting travel right now to do the opposite just shows how stupid he actually is. But as I said, he aint in charge any more and Biden has said nope, they will stay in place, which is the right thing to do.

I will admit I'm more than a little bit surprised that he hasn't been throwing pardons around left, right and centre right now, meaning if he wants to get them out he is going to be a little bit busy, probably the busiest he has been for more than several years, he's going to get writers cramp from all the signing he will have to do.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:20

I don't think that shows Trump being stupid, even though he's unquestionably that. To make a decision like that in the current climate can only really be ascribed to malicious intent.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:45

felter wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:10
Looks like he still thinks he is in charge, as he tried to make the final decision in that American travel bans due to the virus would be dropped from the 26th. He can only make decision that effect anything happening up to the 20th because then he is out on his ass. Also that had to be one to the stupidest idea's out there seeing as basically every other country on the planet is restricting travel right now to do the opposite just shows how stupid he actually is. But as I said, he aint in charge any more and Biden has said nope, they will stay in place, which is the right thing to do.

I will admit I'm more than a little bit surprised that he hasn't been throwing pardons around left, right and centre right now, meaning if he wants to get them out he is going to be a little bit busy, probably the busiest he has been for more than several years, he's going to get writers cramp from all the signing he will have to do.
Guess you didn't see my edit in my last post, as he going to do just that. About 100 pardons will be issued, probably many will be those who were at the rioters, but I don't have much more details on that, but 100 is a lot.

edit

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/17/poli ... index.html
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 20:43

Trump's full list of people he has pardoned so far

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-p ... nt-1562668

But those that he is planning to pardon hasn't been released yet.

Got to say, I find that list of people he has pardoned to be really staggering. Some people for tax evasion and fraud, some for obstruction of justice. the list goes on.

I really think the pardoning power needs to be overhauled, as I feel many of those pardons are too far. And this not forgetting, the next 100 odd that is coming.
=

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 22:26

I'm pretty sure I know three names that aren't on the list. :roll:

And I don't mean me, mum and dad.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 08:25

Not sure if this is for real or not, but those pardoned (143 in all) include:
Sky News wrote:Sholam Weiss

Weiss was convicted of bilking $125m from the National Heritage Life Insurance Co and its elderly policyholders.

He fled the United States and was sentenced in absentia in 2000 to 845 years in prison, but he was eventually extradited from Austria.

Weiss, 66, is at a US penitentiary in Pennsylvania, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Trump lawyers from his first impeachment, Alan Dershowitz and Jay Sekulow, sent letters to the White House in support of Weiss.
All his political 'accomplices' who broke the law during the campaign are freed too.

How can it be legal? How can a single vile man, twice impeached, be above due process and the law of the land.

It's mockery of justice. I'm gonna vomit.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 09:16

That's only going to serve to hurt him for his impeachment trial and then he will face criminal prosecution. It's very likely that a conviction will nullify some if not all of his issued pardons.
rebellionpac.com

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 09:51

I hadn't appreciate there was a (potential) mechanism to nullify pardons, so that's a blessed relief.

I imagine the incoming president will make changes to the law around pardons, especially where personal interest is involved.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 10:33

In my opinion, it's incredible pardoning that particular kind of convicts. And it's not about the fact they're, one way or another, Trump's associates, but because their crimes are against the community. It's more "fair" pardoning a burglar or a killer (in specific circumstances, off course) than a man who stole millions, from my point of view.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 13:23

So Trump has issued over 70 pardons, some I view may backfire on him. He has been persuaded not to pardon himself or his children. Then again, pardoning himself or his children won't save them from state level lawsuits anyway.

Still, these list of pardons won't help him, but I bet he is really worried never the less.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 15:24

So Trump has finally left the WH in disgrace. Which moves nicely to this

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-cart ... r-b1789975

Very fitting cartoon of a disgraced president. (I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it)

But its really funny and fitting, and well worth a look.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”