Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 04:08

It looks like things are not going Trumps way since leaving the Whitehouse. A large portion of his Mar-a-Lago club has been closed down due to a coronavirus outbreak, it's like everywhere he goes people are getting infected with the virus, he is the Typhoid Mary of Covid.

His plane is sitting on the runway at a New York Airport rotting away, with one engine removed and the other covered up, and it's being reported that it will take hundreds of thousands of dollars to repair it. Many are baffled as to why it just looks like it has been abandoned with experts saying:
The choice to leave it outside at a northeastern airport, exposed to the elements, has baffled aviation experts who spoke with CNN. They note that it's just a few hours' flight to warmer, more arid climes. Snow, rain, and moisture can lead to metal corrosion of the airframe and the engines -- hard to detect, and, in severe cases, catastrophic. Large airplanes are typically stored for long stretches of time in the desert southwest, where the dry climate makes corrosion nearly impossible.
I'm thinking it needs repairs, he can't afford those repairs and no one will give him a loan to pay for those repairs, so he can't do anything with it.

Since leaving the Whitehouse his net worth has went down by over 700 million dollars, so it is pretty much doubtful he has those hundreds of thousands to repair his plane, let alone over 400 million he has in debts to pay soon™. He has numerous court cases on the go and with what I have been hearing and reading on the American news, it is looking like NY prosecutors are going after him with racketeering charges, though they haven't said so, that's kind of fitting as he tries to live as a gangster so he should go down like one also.

It is also being reported that he is thinking on starting up his own social media platform, as he thinks he will get 10 million people to sign up for it and he thinks that would make it a huge success, Facebook has something like 2.7 billion monthly users, while Twitter has nearly 400 million monthly users and he thinks 10 million is good.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 09:12

10 million users on a social platform has a specific name: condominium meeting.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:09

'Sick and disgusting': GOP lawmaker buries Trump after he claims MAGA rioters were 'zero threat' to Congress

https://www.rawstory.com/kinzinger-trump-2651220448/

So Trump has gone onto fox news to say that the MAGA crowd was zero threat to congress. yet 5 people dead. and a lot of damage done. he also claims that the MAGA crowd were hugging and kising the guards. Trump has lost it in every sense of the word.

As for his social media platform, it will fail, also that second 230 bill that he tried to champion, well if that does get changed to what Trump wanted, it may very well bite him back on the ass. :lol:

Plus he will need a lot of money to even start it up, even the Proud boys have gone on record to say that they won't even use the site if it exists.

Trump is just digging a huge hole for himself, and its getting deeper. As for his money problems, I think that will only get worse. His hotels are losing huge sums of cash, a travel firm has recently disowned all of Trump''s properties and won't include them in their bookings. the list goes on. And also indictments are probably going to be heading Trump's way as well soon.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 18:23

I was reading the other week there that is hotel in DC is in trouble, as it is pretty much empty, even though it is open. His MAGA supporters are no longer using it as they were only going there before on the off chance that they would get to see Trump, but seeing as he no longer goes there now, neither are they. It was also seeing bookings from dignitary's hoping to try and influence Trump when he was still in office, but now that he is no longer in the Whitehouse no one is trying to seek his approval, so that source has also dried up. The restaurant has no guests, mainly due to the virus as to be able to use it you have to be invited by someone actually staying in the hotel, and no one is staying there, so there is currently more staff than there are customers.

He also had it up for sale but no one was wanting to buy it as it was over priced and anyone that buys it will have to also renovate the place, as it is pretty gaudy (Trump style) and in need of a makeover to get rid of the stench of Trump. But with the virus effecting all tourism it's price plummeted and it was removed from the market. But with his current money woes he will probably have to end up selling it on the cheap to get some much needed finances.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 03:22

I suspect most of his properties will end up in default and foreclosed and then auctioned off. Probably some of it will feature on some house flipping show on Life Time.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 17:00

So after all the whining his high orangeness has done about "cancel culture", the Oompa Loompa king has called for boycotts of MLB, Delta Airlines, Coca-Cola, and several others for their opposition to Georgia's new anti-black voter laws.

I guess he forgot how little impact he had on Nike, the NFL, and the US Congress and Mike Pence when he tried to cancel them.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 17:28

And Trump is in trouble again

Trump Campaign Reportedly Forced To Refund More Than $122 Million To Donors

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... to-donors/

But then again, who is the bigger fool? Trump or the donors themselves? they should have know by now that Trump would fleece them? But still, they keep giving Trump money, and now, because of the form, the donors ended up paying weekly until their funds were dry.

h yes, there also some controversy surrounding Lara Trump and he dog charity, as most of the money never went to the dogs, but got funnelled into Trump's pockets.

But anyway, it should come to no surprise that Trump is in major financial trouble these days. So he doing all that he can to fleece as much as he can from anyone he can. Hopefully all this will come back to bite him on the ass.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 08:03

This donor story is getting more and more absurd. At the heart of this is that the Trump campaign, along with others in the GOP now seeing how easy it is to bilk people out of money and following in his footsteps, had options defaulted to yes to make reoccurring donations and obfuscated the purpose of the check box so people wouldn't notice what was going on until it was too late.

So someone would go to make a donation, and at the bottom of the page there would be something like this:
[x]
Do you want to see Trump win?
The orange one demands your loyalty!
Make sure this box is checked to prove
you are loyal to your overlord so he knows
he can count on you!

Make this a weekly donation

And new GOP campaign donation pages are appearing with this today...

They've literally drained bank accounts of some of their donors, the majority of them being seniors.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 17:02

That could eventually turn around and bite them ion the ass especially seeing as Trump is being forced to return a lot of the money he made from using the tactic You have to assume eventually the same thing will happen to the Republican party.

So all of the living US presidents have commented on Prince Philips death. While I read what Trump said:
"Prince Philip defined British dignity and grace," he said. "He personified the quiet reserve, stern fortitude, and unbending integrity of the United Kingdom."

He added: ""Prince Philip defined British dignity and grace," he said. "He personified the quiet reserve, stern fortitude, and unbending integrity of the United Kingdom."

He added: "Over the past few years, Melania and I were honoured to have the opportunity to visit the United Kingdom.

"We saw first hand how the monarchy epitomises and carries on the virtues of the British people - and no-one did so more than Prince Philip."were honoured to have the opportunity to visit the United Kingdom.
There is no way on this Planet did Donald Trump make any of that up. About the only thing in any of that, that he may have said or thought of, was the "Over the past few years, Melania and I", the rest of it is way out of his possible thinking or understanding. He has never been able to say anything like that about anyone else ever before, so I doubt very much he would be able to say it about anyone now.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:28

If somebody else wrote that for him exactly as you quote then they must have had a really bad copy and paste day. :gruebel:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 00:49

I have no idea who done it or how they did it, I copy and pasted it from an article on the BBC. But Trump would never be able to say anything along those lines, as bad as it is, it is still way too articulated with big words that he has no idea what their actual meaning are or how to properly use them. In the past Trumps level of complimenting anyone is him saying, they are a really nice person and that is about it.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:02

It's not like Trump has any connections to the royal family, other than maybe prince Andrew. I'm sure he wants people to believe he's close to all of them. I doubt any of them had anything to do with him before and after his ceremonial visits to the palace.

And Felter has a very good point. Trump can't describe another person without turning that description into how great and wonderful Trump is or how lucky they are too know the orange one or how loyal they are to him.
rebellionpac.com

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 03:44

To be fair, obituaries are often pre-written for peope like Trump to use once a very famous person, like Andrew, dies. I think there is at least a chance some of the other former presidents also did not write their obituaries for prince Andrew.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 04:08

The thing is when you read what the other US presidents said, they come over as being more genuine and realistic. For example the Obama's said:
"As two Americans unaccustomed to palaces and pomp, we didn't know what to expect. We shouldn't have worried,"

"The Queen and Prince Philip immediately put us at ease with their grace and generosity, turning a ceremonial occasion into something far more natural, even comfortable. Prince Philip in particular was kind and warm, with a sharp wit and unfailing good humour. It was our first introduction to the man behind the title, and in the years since, our admiration for him has only grown."
That comes over as being more in line with something you would expect Obama to say if he was being interviewed on live television, where as Trump would never ever use any of the words used in what he was supposed to have said, to be honest I think what Trump was supposed to have said comes over more like something that was taken from an online article or even maybe a old news story about the British royal family.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:30

@ clakclak: I think you mean Prince Philip.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:30
I think he is referencing the Trump-Epstien-Andrew connection.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 18:01

Teladi CEO wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:32
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:30
I think he is referencing the Trump-Epstien-Andrew connection.
I actually meant Philip. :shock:
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 00:12

When will this thread I created die?
I feel like Dr Frankenstein every time I come back here. I created something that will haunt me for years.

Without the chasing me to the arctic regions aspect and family murder bit, obviously.....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 00:44

Well it was dead for 4 months before you resurrected it.

Dont wake the dead.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “Off Topic English”