Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 00:49

I have no idea who done it or how they did it, I copy and pasted it from an article on the BBC. But Trump would never be able to say anything along those lines, as bad as it is, it is still way too articulated with big words that he has no idea what their actual meaning are or how to properly use them. In the past Trumps level of complimenting anyone is him saying, they are a really nice person and that is about it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:02

It's not like Trump has any connections to the royal family, other than maybe prince Andrew. I'm sure he wants people to believe he's close to all of them. I doubt any of them had anything to do with him before and after his ceremonial visits to the palace.

And Felter has a very good point. Trump can't describe another person without turning that description into how great and wonderful Trump is or how lucky they are too know the orange one or how loyal they are to him.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 03:44

To be fair, obituaries are often pre-written for peope like Trump to use once a very famous person, like Andrew, dies. I think there is at least a chance some of the other former presidents also did not write their obituaries for prince Andrew.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 04:08

The thing is when you read what the other US presidents said, they come over as being more genuine and realistic. For example the Obama's said:
"As two Americans unaccustomed to palaces and pomp, we didn't know what to expect. We shouldn't have worried,"

"The Queen and Prince Philip immediately put us at ease with their grace and generosity, turning a ceremonial occasion into something far more natural, even comfortable. Prince Philip in particular was kind and warm, with a sharp wit and unfailing good humour. It was our first introduction to the man behind the title, and in the years since, our admiration for him has only grown."
That comes over as being more in line with something you would expect Obama to say if he was being interviewed on live television, where as Trump would never ever use any of the words used in what he was supposed to have said, to be honest I think what Trump was supposed to have said comes over more like something that was taken from an online article or even maybe a old news story about the British royal family.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:30

@ clakclak: I think you mean Prince Philip.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:30
I think he is referencing the Trump-Epstien-Andrew connection.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 18:01

Teladi CEO wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:32
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:30
I think he is referencing the Trump-Epstien-Andrew connection.
I actually meant Philip. :shock:
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 00:12

When will this thread I created die?
I feel like Dr Frankenstein every time I come back here. I created something that will haunt me for years.

Without the chasing me to the arctic regions aspect and family murder bit, obviously.....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 00:44

Well it was dead for 4 months before you resurrected it.

Dont wake the dead.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “Off Topic English”