The Rant Thread. :)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should this thread be renamed as above?

Yes
26%
No
6%
Cook off you miserable old git!
68%

Total votes: 68

greypanther
x3ap

The Rant Thread. :)

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:06

Considering the high level of inteligence of the denizens of OT, also considering the high percentage of very opinionated people, who often feel the need for a good old rant, I thought it might be a good idea to start a rant thread. :)

I considered it would be better to just use this thread for a general rant, rather than risk upsetting anyone by giving any impression of directing that rant, in another thread.

Anyone want to give it a go? Go on! Venting your spleen, as it were, is said to be good for you! Who knows, you may even find a little catharsis? :) ( Mmm, one of those sentences is redundant I guess.. )

I will start!

:rant: Today whilst driving, I realised just how selfish and ungrateful some people are! When you do someone a favour, such as slowing down to let them out of a busy junction, is it asking too much for to say, or gesture thanks? For some it is, the bastards! Whats happened to common courtesy?
It happens here on these very forums too, not regarding junctions obviously, but regarding the lack of good manners when you spend precious time trying to help people, offer links. Do some of you buggers say thanks, well yes some do, others have lost their manners and just cannot be arsed!!!!
I think anyone found to be without manners should be locked up in stocks, just like the good, olden days!!! :P
:rant:

Ah, thats better! :D

EDIT ** This is intended for people to make their own rants as well you know? **
Last edited by greypanther on Fri, 22. Jun 12, 18:05, edited 8 times in total.

amtct
x3ap

Re: The rant thread?

Post by amtct » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:16

greypanther wrote::rant: Today whilst driving, I realised just how selfish and ungrateful some people are! When you do someone a favour, such as slowing down to let them out of a busy junction, is it asking too much for to say, or gesture thanks?
That's why my parents gave me five fingers .The middle one is pretty good.If that doesn't work ....well ,riots and s*** happens :lol:
Why I can't rant in a rant thread?Hell, I need to rant abou this :rant: :lol:

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:28

Well, I don't know how to put this Adrian, but I and most humans I have met, have four fingers and a thumb; I mean just: :o

I have got to say that if five fingers and I assume a thumb, is the norm in Romania, I must say it puts things in a whole different light!

:roll:
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:39

So the thumb is not a finger :roll:

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:42

No, funnily enough I call my thumb, a thumb! :roll:
The opposable thumb is what seperates us from the animals! ( Mostly! :P )

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:52

I noticed that people are using turn signals less and less. Yes, even when they are required by law to use them (merging lanes, turning at intersections, etc.)

They don't seem to understand that their purpose is to convey information to other drivers about what you're doing so they can plan their own actions accordingly. I'm noticing more and more drivers just doing whatever the hell they please while paying absolutely no mind to those around them. "I'm going to go ahead and make this turn while making absolutely no indication to the drivers all around me that I'm about to do so. Good luck everyone else!"
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:59

Nothing riles me up more than people who class the thumb as a finger. IT'S A THUMB, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A THUMB AND WILL ALWAYS BE A THUMB!!! :rant:

(unless evolution decides otherwise of course)

i like this thread already :lol:

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:07

I HATE the sheer amount of selfish smokers out there!!
Every time I walk to/from sixth form, the only way home is past some steps that always has some idiot young teenagers smoking their heart out and blowing the wretched stench into the faces of all that past by. We don't want to fill our lungs with that shit so f*** off!

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with young teens nowadays. (I consider myself to be an old teen)
Just a couple years ago when I was their age all I cared about was getting home to watch TV or going round friend's house's for football and the such. Never would I of thought to stand around in a group with a fag in my hands!
Double-yew Tee Ef.

And who's to blame? The benefit-sucking parents offering no contribution to society.

/rant

good idea, greypanther.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:10

@ KloHunt3r: I see you live in the USA. I have a friend who moved there a few years ago to marry an American. As soon as he could, he got a little pick up to get mobile. The first day he was driving he got cut up by a larger pick up, type car. He, used to the UK roads and drivers and being 6' 2" in height, about the same accross and not at all cowardly, decided he would accelerate to gesture and shout his unhappiness; big mistake! As he pulls level, gestures and shouts, the passenger in the pick up that cut him up, reaches behind him to the rear seat, pulls out a pump action shotgun, pumps it and aims at my friend!! He nearly shat himself!

Puts a whole new meaning to road rage! Needless to say my friend is now very, very careful! :D

Incubi
xr

Re: The rant thread?

Post by Incubi » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:15

AdrianM wrote:
greypanther wrote::rant: Today whilst driving, I realised just how selfish and ungrateful some people are! When you do someone a favour, such as slowing down to let them out of a busy junction, is it asking too much for to say, or gesture thanks?
That's why my parents gave me five fingers .The middle one is pretty good.If that doesn't work ....well ,riots and s*** happens :lol:
Why I can't rant in a rant thread?Hell, I need to rant abou this :rant: :lol:

Is not advisable in LA :-D

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:21

greypanther wrote:No, funnily enough I call my thumb, a thumb! :roll:
The opposable thumb is what seperates us from the animals! ( Mostly! :P )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thumb

Latin is digitus
As one of five digits, and as companion to four other fingers
See ,I was right ,but not because I know english but because I know latin more or less.

"Finger" in my language is "deget" from latin "digitus" :P

Now rant about that :lol:
Psychoclops wrote:Nothing riles me up more than people who class the thumb as a finger. IT'S A THUMB, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A THUMB AND WILL ALWAYS BE A THUMB!!! :rant:

(unless evolution decides otherwise of course)

i like this thread already :lol:
Right :roll:

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:21

My rant.

:rant: Why is the UK selling guns and planes Saudi Arabia?

Have we lost all sense of reason?
Does anyone care who gets hold of these weapons?

Is the only thing the UK really cares about money and oil?

Wrt thumbs. Igor has two on each hand.
Last edited by brucewarren on Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:26

yes. :roll:

*edit* Oh and yes Adrian, this is an English language forum, not latin nor Romanian! :P

So if you have five fingers, you may want to try playing the banjo! :P
Last edited by greypanther on Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

All-a-Mort
x3tc

Post by All-a-Mort » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:27

brucewarren wrote:My rant.

Why is the UK selling guns and planes Saudi Arabia?

Because the government has no morals and the Saudis have deep pockets.
I shall refrain from further posts in the thread...or I'd fill it myself. I could rant for Britain at the Rant Olympics (except I don't much like 'Britain'...).

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:31

but thats the whole point of this thread data!
why do you dislike the UK? :roll:

jubjuby3
x3tc

Post by jubjuby3 » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:39

KloHunt3r wrote:I noticed that people are using turn signals less and less. Yes, even when they are required by law to use them (merging lanes, turning at intersections, etc.)

They don't seem to understand that their purpose is to convey information to other drivers about what you're doing so they can plan their own actions accordingly. I'm noticing more and more drivers just doing whatever the hell they please while paying absolutely no mind to those around them. "I'm going to go ahead and make this turn while making absolutely no indication to the drivers all around me that I'm about to do so. Good luck everyone else!"
Oh good so that's not just England. I passed my test in October (being nearly 18 myself) and it can be awful at times when about 1 quarter of people in the country actually bother signalling, especially when like me you're not that sure or confident of the roads and generally being out and about, it really does not help.

yeah that's basically the only thing I could even vaguely rant about I'm afraid. Although I can actually totally get the thing about the young smokers, although I would just extend it to all young teens generally being selfish and incredibly immature, I mean would it be so hard to not swear every sentence and to not say "lol" in reality and to not constantly talk about people behind their backs and to not get drunk half the week?

Is that too much to ask of teenagers?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:42

greypanther wrote:yes. :roll:

*edit* Oh and yes Adrian, this is an English language forum, not latin nor Romanian! :P

So if you have five fingers, you may want to try playing the banjo! :P
That link was in english and this is the english language forum...not like the place where you learnt about your "4" fingers :shock:

I don't expect you to admit that you don't know how many fingers you have ,but I expect to let me to joke about your handicap...I mean your 4 fingers should be considered a handicap :roll:

Oh and this is a rant about handicapped people :lol:
brucewarren wrote:My rant.

:rant: Why is the UK selling guns and planes Saudi Arabia?

Wrt thumbs. Igor has two on each hand.
Morals will hurt your stomach one day.
Who cares about what they do with the weapons.Last time people were saying that the evil British and americans are stealing oil ,now are giving weapons for oil....I really don't care.They need weapons and you need oil because you have cars and weapons.They kill their camels and goats and you vrum vrum all day ....both countries are happy ,love and flowers everywhere :P

P.S.How much for a machine gun :lol:

All-a-Mort
x3tc

Post by All-a-Mort » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 22:55

greypanther wrote:but thats the whole point of this thread data!
why do you dislike the UK? :roll:
Gawd I really need to get this username changed...I never use it anymore...

Trust me you don't wanna hear my whinging, I'm like a younger, cooler, Victor Meldrew...not a good thing when your still not quite a mid-30 something. Oh what the hell...someone pass the soapbox.

Why do I dislike Britain? Where do I start? Ahh yes...I could talk about how some/many (I'll not claim to represent my peers any more than I would my species) my generation feel dismayed by our wonderful democracy, where every 4-5 years you are given the chance to vote with the illusion of choice between politicians who increasingly have the same social and economic background (white, privately educated, lawyers, PR men and career politicians, straight from Oxbridge to campaigning and safe seats) and parties that all lurched to the right since New Labour realised the best way to get elected was to become The Conservatives (light). How politicians seem more interested in lining their pockets, forging a legacy (I'm look at you Blair), going on an ideological crusade or repaying their (wealthy and influential) donors, than in improving the lives of the electorate. I wonder whether they have forgotten that they rule (or govern at least) on our behalf, not merely rule us. How every 4 or 5 years, they court a small section of the electorate who they assess might be prone to changing their minds if promised the earth (with no requirement to deliver on said promises), providing they are in a swing seat that might be likely to change political allegiance, whilst they assume (usually correctly) that everyone else will vote as they ever have. The last election was the first time I had bothered to vote, and I voted Lib Dem with the aim of returning a hung parliament, in the hope that a coalition or minority government would mean that the extreme ideologues of either wing would be unable to implement their idiotic agendas. And then we got the ConDem coalition, with the Lib Dems desperately keen to show on every major issue just why their political colour is yellow.

Anyway enough of this...I bored my colleagues enough at lunch.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 23:34

No, no, please carry on. I even agree with you mostly. I even voted the same way as you last time, even if for a similar, yet different reason! :)

@ Adrian: :lol: ( please see below...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhwIqmmEJY

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 23:56

Return to “Off Topic English”