The Rant Thread. :)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should this thread be renamed as above?

Yes
26%
No
6%
Cook off you miserable old git!
68%

Total votes: 68

Observe
xr

Re: The Rant Thread. :)

Post by Observe » Mon, 15. Mar 21, 03:18

@Alan Phipps: Thank you for your kindness and generosity toward your elderly neighbor. You restore my faith in humanity.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Mon, 15. Mar 21, 23:16

Well done Alan, good work. :)
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 16:23
While they were so occupied, a fit and healthy lady pedestrian interrupted them and insisted that they move their police car so that she could use the pavement unimpeded (it was possible to get past the car on foot without going into the road or hedge). The police basically refused as they told her that they were on an essential task.

The lady then turned to me and started giving me her very frustrated point of view on the matter. I forestalled her and advised that if she were that concerned about it, that she call the police. If looks could kill .... There was later a lot of rolling of eyes from the two police but, to their credit, no disparaging remarks about the lady.
What is wrong with people? It's not like they've parked there for a giggle, is it! Even worse if she could actually get past ok... Some people...

Reminds me of the morons who complained about an ambulance blocking their driveway; doesn't matter they were responding to a call!
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -they-face
“You may be saving lives, but don’t park your van in a stupid place and block my drive”
Some people are genuine oxygen thieves. :evil:

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 08:43

So he really is a cuddly teddy bear! :mrgreen:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 11:17

The lady pedestrian didn't think so. I can imagine what she was thinking though.

One other thing, my 'help' cost the neighbour (mainly their house insurance) a new back door. I wasn't totally 'cuddly' in their eyes either, despite the mitigating circumstances.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 11:27

Grizzly teddy bear.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:46

On Sunday I ordered a coaster for flowers (my mother's birthday is soon) and the recipient was set as the local flower shop (which is the one suggesting me the actual vases to put on it). I specified a note "DON'T DELIVER ON WEDNESDAY" because the shop is closed. Yesterday, the tracking was telling me "delivering on Saturday".
Now, guess who just called me and had to deliver the package to my office?

WHAT ARE THOSE NOTES FOR?????

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Wed, 26. May 21, 16:01

Why do we have to age! Bloody annoying it is! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Now I have a Hernia, probably caused by my caring for my wife, certainly caused in part by my advancing years. Not really looking forward to the probable surgery, even it is is a very simple one. :(
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Return to “Off Topic English”