Problems with Headphones

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Problems with Headphones

Post by euclid » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 23:32

I got the wireless G533 surroundsound headphones, the 413 Silver mechanical KB and the G502 mouse. Trouble is this:

The headphones have only the 7.1 sourround sound option and that causes problems with many games: I cannot hear any sound right in front and in my back. So I've decided to remove the G Hub software. That works fine as I can now select1 the stereo configuaration in the sound settings of W10 for the headphones. However, now my keyboard is breathing lights on and off which drives me nuts. The F + F7 just reduces the light intensity or switch the lights off (the latter is not good). I'd prefer to have the lights constant on but there seems to be no way of setting that without the G Hub (or the gaming software which has the same sound configuration issue as the hub).

I've browsed the web for clues but all I've found so far doesn't solve either problem (that is the missing stereo option or the breathing keyboard lights). Appreciate every hint/help in this matter.

Cheers Euclid

ps: I should mention that installing the G Hub and rolling back the headphone drivers solves the problem until the next restart/boot up which returns the logitek drivers. E.
edit: just tested a shut down and restart and this actually kept the microsoft drivers (rollback ones); so this seems to be a viable solution for now. E.
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

felter
xr

Re: Problems with Headphones

Post by felter » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 04:31

Don't know if it will work or not but try Logitech gaming software, I use it rather than G hub, but I don't have the same hardware as you, but I prefer it to G hub and my keyboard works better with it, only thing it hasn't been updated since 2018.

Logitech Gaming Software
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 17:50

try 5.1 sound settings. 7.1 is not that widely used and depending on the source, it could be pumping the sound to the wrong audio channels.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 18:09

Thanks both for the input. I've just discovered that with the stereo configuration (microsoft drivers 2021) the Logitech headphone do indeed "emulate" surround sound as you can test it here. That this does not work in some games seems to be due to the lack of the required audio features.
I've noticed that surround sound seems to working in X4, Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk; hence the testing.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “Off Topic English”