Random News not worthy of own thread

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Random News not worthy of own thread

Post by felter » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:47

So the British press were all up in arms because Johnson both denies the accusations and has not apologized for the people he killed. Why are they surprised, Johnson has never taken responsibility for anything he has ever done, it's always someone else to blame. Not just that for him to take accountability for his actions would or could possibly lead to some kind of prosecution, I still think at some point in the future he will face some kind of legal action from at least one of the family's for the death of their loved one that his actions or inactions caused.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:34

Well, we all obviously know in detail the exact medical, scientific and political advice that the government (and by inference Boris) were being given at the time and so yes, I agree, it's really shocking that Boris personally killed all those people.

Seriously, let's wait for the actual independent public enquiry phase into the pandemic handling by UK authority public bodies and individuals in power before grabbing for the pitchforks and torches.

I'm neither defending nor accusing at present, but just waiting for thorough investigation that is not based on 20/20 hindsight, personal agendas nor media headlines. As Shakespeare said, 'Truth will out.'
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:32

William Shatner had a short trip (100 km up and back in 10 minutes). https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58885555
90-year-old and goes to space. 8)

When do drones Amazon start to deliver shoppings to the Moon and could there be more environmental activities? :gruebel:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 23:08

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:34
Well, we all obviously know in detail the exact medical, scientific and political advice that the government (and by inference Boris) were being given at the time and so yes, I agree, it's really shocking that Boris personally killed all those people.

Seriously, let's wait for the actual independent public enquiry phase into the pandemic handling by UK authority public bodies and individuals in power before grabbing for the pitchforks and torches.

I'm neither defending nor accusing at present, but just waiting for thorough investigation that is not based on 20/20 hindsight, personal agendas nor media headlines. As Shakespeare said, 'Truth will out.'
This is based on an official parliament investigation, one that was lead by conservative party members, not the public, not the press and not the opposition parties though they were involved. Yes granted it was not a full public investigation, something that Boris Johnson is desperately trying to avoid, HMM I wonder why that is.

I am trying to find a copy of the report, but I don't know if it was made public, I can tell you that it was 151 pages long which is around 75,000 words, and it was pretty damning of the Government at the time, though it did say the Vaccine rollout was good. One interesting point it did bring up, was that Boris was basing his decisions on a 3-year-old report that said only 100 people would die, while more than that were already dead and dying. I don't know what that report was basing its finding on to predict 100 dead, as the Covid virus is not even 3-years-old right now.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 12:00

Woman gets raped on a commuter train in Philadelphia, nobody on the train did anything to help her. Eventually someone outside the train saw the woman when the train went past and alarmed the police.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wom ... e-80620028

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 14:35

Following the horrible assault and murder of a British Member of Parliament at a contituency 'surgery' (where MPs meet local public and discuss their issues) being held in a church, the Home Office and Police are considering steps to improve MPs' security at such events, perhaps even involving physical barriers and possibly armed security/police being in attendance.

While I can fully understand the concern of MPs and their families since this latest murder when taken together with a previous recent murder of an MP going about her business, I still wonder if there would be quite the same attention and call for security upgrades if some lesser public service employee had been assaulted and murdered going about their job in public (eg a postie or traffic warden etc).

I'm sure more information will come out about the attack and its security consequences in good time.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “Off Topic English”