Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 12. Jan 21, 23:28

RegisterMe wrote:
Tue, 12. Jan 21, 22:36
Well, the FBI / DoJ press conference was a pretty clear message - "all you shmucks are top of the FBI's ****list nationally".
I couldn't help but read that with a Brooklyn accent.

But this is great to hear.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Mightysword
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed, 10. Mar 04, 06:11
x3tc

Re: Trump

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 02:56

matthewfarmery wrote:
Tue, 12. Jan 21, 21:52
Axeface wrote:
Tue, 12. Jan 21, 21:49
matthewfarmery wrote:
Tue, 12. Jan 21, 21:43
Indeed, I find that very suspect and odd. You would have thought he would have learnt his lesson,
Like I said earlier, have people not learnt yet? It is not odd at all, Trump has been utterly consistent. He will rile them up, he will say something about the battle of alamo that will annoy everyone. There probably will be more violence.
But then again, he should be stopped from doing any more rallies, he already in trouble with doing the last one. Even the GOP should be concerned and saying no to him. UNLESS they want even more blood on their hands.
Adding to what Axeface said, in his own view Trump probably has nothing to learn. It's not like stepping back and say he's sorry now gonna do anything for him. Even if he gets down on his knee and kowtow for last week, nobody gonna forgive him anyway. On the other hand, with what he already did, he figured anything more hardly mean anything anyway. Fighting a man with everything to lose and a man with nothing to lose are equally dangerous, and Trump right now you can say somehow can fit into both of those situation. He'll be unpredictable, and nothing should come as a surprise any more.


The worst part for me in these last few days is however ... not Trump, but the future of the GOP. At this point I don't think it's possible for the GOP to recover any more, and sadly by that I don't mean they would fail as a political party. In fact, right now I would hope they are put down to their knee and got wiped off the political map for the next decade, but given the political map that wouldn't happen. What I meant is there is too much division and damage to the party internally that I don't think the ship can be turned to the right course any more. The only way for that to happens is for the party to have a hard split, and by that I mean it would have splinter to at least 2 different parties, and I doubt anyone have the stomach and courage to do that. Democrat will push hard the next 4 years, and they will have every reason to. In the face of that, while there might be some recoil from the immediate after match of last week - and frankly, half of that does not even seem genuine ... eventually I'm afraid they will band together again ... even if it means a 2nd Trump.


I hope I'm wrong, the more wrong the better. :shock:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

User avatar
felter
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 06:13

Trump better hope that they don't get to vote on whether to impeach him or not. As it stands they need 17 Republicans to vote for impeachment for that to happen and the current count stands at 20 Republicans who think he should be impeached. If rumours are true even Mitch McConnell is telling people he is glad the Democrats are going to go ahead with impeachment, as he is saying it will get rid of Trump from the Republican party. So we may get to see it happen after all.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 07:37

So this is hilarious, but not the funny haha hilarious.

They've installed metal detectors at the capitol as one of the new security measures. Some of the GOP folks are getting pissy about it, with all of them being some of the ones that encouraged the insurrection in the first place (Larry Goober, Lauren Qbert, and others). And wouldn't you be surprised to know that these are the same folks that think it's a better idea to arm teachers instead of having metal detectors at schools that the white republican kids keep shooting up?

Qbert made a big stink a few weeks ago when she said she was gonna carry her weapon into congress. It clearly served her well when it deterred the terrorists from breaching the doors. You saw all the reports of the congressional body hiding behind her, demanding she protect them, as she proudly stood beside the men and women in uniform to halt the advance of the terrorists in the capitol, right? No? Hmmmm...

So her weapon isn't being used to defend herself or her colleagues. What, then, would a Qanon nut need a weapon for on the floor of the house chamber?
felter wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 06:13
Trump better hope that they don't get to vote on whether to impeach him or not. As it stands they need 17 Republicans to vote for impeachment for that to happen and the current count stands at 20 Republicans who think he should be impeached. If rumours are true even Mitch McConnell is telling people he is glad the Democrats are going to go ahead with impeachment, as he is saying it will get rid of Trump from the Republican party. So we may get to see it happen after all.
I wouldn't get too excited about those numbers just yet. I think you're confusing house members with the senate members.

Impeachment only requires a simple majority in the house to pass, which the dems have more than enough on their own to do. It's better for optics if republicans signed on as well but technically speaking isn't necessary. Though you will see some of them do so.

Remember, impeachment is roughly the equivalent of an indictment. That's just formally charging Trump with an offence and it'll be up to the senate to try and convict which will require a super majority.

That being said, Yes, McConnel is totally on board with the impeachment but that doesn't mean he's going to vote to convict. It is an indication that he likely will, however. But I'm hesitant to believe that most in the GOP will support the impeachment/conviction out of any sense of patriotism or justice.

One thing that's occurred is that big donors across the country are withholding donations to the GOP due to the insurrection. So their hand is being forced. Over the next few months, you're going to see the GOP scramble to do all they can to denounce Trump to appease their donors - that matters more to them than their voters, which is amazing they are able to do this and still have the poor bastards vote for them.

Also, as I said in a previous post, there are still some in the GOP that want to get their hands on the maga morons for their own presidential runs. They're not gonna be able to do that if Trump is still able to run.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

pjknibbs
Posts: 29028
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Trump

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 09:13

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 07:37
So her weapon isn't being used to defend herself or her colleagues. What, then, would a Qanon nut need a weapon for on the floor of the house chamber?
Well, you never know when one of those highly dangerous antifa Democrats will go nuts and shoot the place up... :D

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 09:32

pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 09:13
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 07:37
So her weapon isn't being used to defend herself or her colleagues. What, then, would a Qanon nut need a weapon for on the floor of the house chamber?
Well, you never know when one of those highly dangerous antifa Democrats will go nuts and shoot the place up... :D
Lol or bring soup. I hear that's a deadly weapon now.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Gavrushka
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri, 26. Mar 04, 20:28
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 09:53

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 09:32
pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 09:13
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 07:37
So her weapon isn't being used to defend herself or her colleagues. What, then, would a Qanon nut need a weapon for on the floor of the house chamber?
Well, you never know when one of those highly dangerous antifa Democrats will go nuts and shoot the place up... :D
Lol or bring soup. I hear that's a deadly weapon now.
The weapon they fear most is democracy itself.

With soup a close second.

Trump is banned from YouTube now too. Is that the last of the mainstream platforms to oust him?

And I've just read that Mitch McConnell is refusing to tell other republican senators how to vote during Trump's second impeachment. I understand three republican senators will vote to see him impeached, but it will need a lot more. - Can senators abstain or is a specific number of votes needed rather than a percentage?
“What in Father’s name have you done? They’re not-”

“Everyone's fine, I’ve just paused them,” Lucifer said. “It’s a little trick I learned in my prison. Have you ever tried counselling a mass murderer when ten thousand other inmates are screaming and wailing?”

Ten thousand inmates, and only one guard… Michael had always felt profound sympathy for Lucifer. Yes, she’d transgressed, but her punishment was likely to stretch to eternity, even if Raphael thought otherwise.

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 13:54

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 07:37
So this is hilarious, but not the funny haha hilarious.

They've installed metal detectors at the capitol as one of the new security measures. Some of the GOP folks are getting pissy about it, with all of them being some of the ones that encouraged the insurrection in the first place (Larry Goober, Lauren Qbert, and others). And wouldn't you be surprised to know that these are the same folks that think it's a better idea to arm teachers instead of having metal detectors at schools that the white republican kids keep shooting up?

Qbert made a big stink a few weeks ago when she said she was gonna carry her weapon into congress. It clearly served her well when it deterred the terrorists from breaching the doors. You saw all the reports of the congressional body hiding behind her, demanding she protect them, as she proudly stood beside the men and women in uniform to halt the advance of the terrorists in the capitol, right? No? Hmmmm...

So her weapon isn't being used to defend herself or her colleagues. What, then, would a Qanon nut need a weapon for on the floor of the house chamber?
felter wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 06:13
Trump better hope that they don't get to vote on whether to impeach him or not. As it stands they need 17 Republicans to vote for impeachment for that to happen and the current count stands at 20 Republicans who think he should be impeached. If rumours are true even Mitch McConnell is telling people he is glad the Democrats are going to go ahead with impeachment, as he is saying it will get rid of Trump from the Republican party. So we may get to see it happen after all.
I wouldn't get too excited about those numbers just yet. I think you're confusing house members with the senate members.

Impeachment only requires a simple majority in the house to pass, which the dems have more than enough on their own to do. It's better for optics if republicans signed on as well but technically speaking isn't necessary. Though you will see some of them do so.

Remember, impeachment is roughly the equivalent of an indictment. That's just formally charging Trump with an offence and it'll be up to the senate to try and convict which will require a super majority.

That being said, Yes, McConnel is totally on board with the impeachment but that doesn't mean he's going to vote to convict. It is an indication that he likely will, however. But I'm hesitant to believe that most in the GOP will support the impeachment/conviction out of any sense of patriotism or justice.

One thing that's occurred is that big donors across the country are withholding donations to the GOP due to the insurrection. So their hand is being forced. Over the next few months, you're going to see the GOP scramble to do all they can to denounce Trump to appease their donors - that matters more to them than their voters, which is amazing they are able to do this and still have the poor bastards vote for them.

Also, as I said in a previous post, there are still some in the GOP that want to get their hands on the maga morons for their own presidential runs. They're not gonna be able to do that if Trump is still able to run.
It does seem that at least 20 GOP senators will vote against Trump if this reaches the senate. So if that number holds up, then down Trump goes.


Edit

Youtube has also finally blocked Trump from using its channel.

Edit 2
8 minutes until the house votes on Trump's impeachment
=

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 17:05

I'm watching the house debate and the republicans are all "we need unity, lets investigate. put the people first! blah blah blah!"

K... except the people want Trump held accountable. It's Trump and the sycophants in the GOP that enabled and encouraged this BS in the first place. And who says that further investigations can't occur after holding Trump accountable.

And now we have a Karen invoke the name of Dr. King. I have no words...
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 17:12

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 17:05
I'm watching the house debate and the republicans are all "we need unity, lets investigate. put the people first! blah blah blah!"

K... except the people want Trump held accountable. It's Trump and the sycophants in the GOP that enabled and encouraged this BS in the first place. And who says that further investigations can't occur after holding Trump accountable.

And now we have a Karen invoke the name of Dr. King. I have no words...
They are just trying to protect their own.

In other news


New York City Terminating Contracts With Trump Organization, Mayor Announces on MSNBC
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-ne ... -on-msnbc/

Rates are jumping ship. At this rate, Trump will have no way to do any kind of business. This will hit him where it hurts. But it will probably him him more once he leaves office, and starts to count the pennies.
=

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 23:48

Trump has been impeached, again. 10 republicans voted with the democrats to impeach. 232-197
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

User avatar
Observe
Posts: 2943
Joined: Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:47
xr

Re: Trump

Post by Observe » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 01:01

Now Trump can brag: "I have been impeached more times than any other President in history! Even Clinton wasn't impeached as often as me."

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 08:12

So this is disturbing.

Apparently, there are supposed to be "panic" buttons in the offices at the capitol. One congresswoman has reported that the panic buttons had been ripped out of her office. This is lending credence to the theory that some members of congress helped the terrorists plan the attack on the capitol, going so far as to even give guided tours in the days prior to the failed insurrection.

If there's any truth to this, whoever is responsible should be summarily executed for treason and their rotting corpse strung up on display for all of the hillbilly mob to see.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

jlehtone
Posts: 17990
Joined: Sat, 23. Apr 05, 21:42
x4

Re: Trump

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 09:16

Observe wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 01:01
Now Trump can brag: "I have been impeached more times than any other President in history! Even Clinton wasn't impeached as often as me."
Yes, but ...
being impeached implies that someone else acts. Surely Trump wants to focus on what he has done:
"I have done more [impeachable deeds] than any other President in history!"

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:34

Trump demands his staff not pay Giuliani's legal fees for helping him try to overturn the election: report

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-wont-pay ... tion_start

How the mighty has fallen! So Trump not going to pay Rudy's fees, I saw this coming. But then again, Trump will have very few allies left to defend him, once he is no longer president. I think most if not all the law firms have turned their back on Trump. So I wonder who will represent Trump in his upcoming trials?

@Vertigo 7
Sadly, I can believe that. I just hope that those responsible are found. Also there also a massive failing of the FBI, as they were warned / told that the 6th could be trouble, but they didn't do anything.

So there are a lot of people involved. So its looking likely it's an inside job. And it wouldn't surprise me, if some of the GOP that still support Trump were in on it. Like I said earlier, this will take months, if not years to unravel.
=

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic English”