[MOD] Darker, Grittier Comms Videos Reunion Edition 1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dawnrunner

[MOD] Darker, Grittier Comms Videos Reunion Edition 1.0

Post by dawnrunner » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 04:22

By popular demand :wink:, I've created a Reunion version of my Darker, Gritter Comms Videos mod for TC/AP.

Additional details can be found on that page, though this video file is the version that works with my goofy Steam version of Reunion that has what seemes to be a video glitch that I've fixed with this file. Maybe this version makes your videos loop in odd ways, in which case I'd be interested in hearing from you, and I can likely upload a version without the 4 frame delay that's needed for mine to run properly! :mrgreen:

For: X3 Reunion

Instructions:
Replace existing 00001.dat file located in folder “X3 - Reunion\mov” with new 00001.dat file (562 MB) downloaded from the link below.
IMPORTANT: As always, backup original 00001.dat file before overwriting!

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzx8gq8h4iw0k ... 1.dat?dl=0

Description: Replacement video file that contains all comms screen videos. Character portions have been modified to make them darker and grittier to better fit in with the overall aesthetic of the game. Level of distortion was carefully chosen to best obscure the Disney princess/anime eyes given to many models. All original animation has been retained.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”