[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v3.05 - 06.10.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 18:27

Locksley wrote:Jeez, I haven't played X3 for a week and every time I check the forums you got a new version :)

Still the same T file with the lasers and stuff? Don't really matter right now but I will update that one for the XTM's new weapons and also see if my TBullet changes need to adjust the order too.

Keep surprising us Gaaz :D
I dont suppose you could post your xtm updated tfile?

Lancefighter
xr

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 21:45

:oops:
Oh ok.
Sounds like fun :twisted:
in the market for a new sig, willing to pay 1 billion credits for a proper sig...

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 17:03

Xenon ships die like flies around my Hyperion. :twisted:

Thanks for this script.

One issue to report though... it doesn't shoot at enemy ships spawned by assassination missions? I recall they're set to a generic race.
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 17:38

Kakurate wrote:I dont suppose you could post your xtm updated tfile?
Well I will if it gets done - right now I am trying to keep pace with my friends in Age of Conan but I think about X3 and are in these forums pretty much all the time.

There is the point of the Missile Gun. It can easily be implemented using the Massdriver code as a base and switch the checks to be for the M-Gun and Antimatter missiles. But then one would need Gazz permission to release it since you are then messing with the code itself.

Or if Gazz implement a system to add even modded guns that use ammo :D

And then there is the question of using the right gun. My mix and match mod keeps the guns at fairly the same level between them but the Massdriver is more heavy hitting and missiles are faster (the dumb ones).

Cheers!

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 22:43

Charlie Whiskey wrote:One issue to report though... it doesn't shoot at enemy ships spawned by assassination missions? I recall they're set to a generic race.
Fixed in the next version but not today. =)

Locksley wrote:There is the point of the Missile Gun. It can easily be implemented using the Massdriver code as a base and switch the checks to be for the M-Gun and Antimatter missiles. But then one would need Gazz permission to release it since you are then messing with the code itself.

Or if Gazz implement a system to add even modded guns that use ammo :D
If that's a real laser with the ammo properly set in TBullets then MARS will check for the right kind of ammo.

PS: There will be another feature, yet: the Goblin Tactical Drone.
Cap ships perform terribly against little ships that fly their circles a few km out. (There have been reports of MARS occasionally hitting those with GPPC, though...)
MARS will be able to deploy fighter drones but unlike a normal "fighter" drone these are cowardly little backstabbers that would much rather lure a ship into a trap than bravely fight to the death.
If one is attacked it flees at full throttle and hides on the opposite side of the mothership, luring the enemy into the killing zone.
Of course, if the enemy loses interest in the drone it swoops back out to bite it's ankle again.
Their fight/move script works but is missing all the organisational parts like deployment and retrieval.
Still, these little pests are soooo much fun to watch when they dance around, always keeping the big brother between them and the bully. =P
Over here, stupid! Come and get me!

Some people suggested that MARS should use missiles against M4/5 but I don't think that fits well with the scope of the script.
The goblins actively help the turrets, lining up hard to hit enemies on an almost direct course towards the M2.
Makes MARS go ooohhhhhh, taaarget! YUMMY!
Last edited by Gazz on Tue, 3. Jun 08, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lancefighter
xr

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 00:41

damn... innovative... I would suggest another "feature"....

A fighter drone with a squash mine attached flies straight towards the target... when it gets close enough, BOOM :D
(ok maybe not, it just sounded good at the time)
in the market for a new sig, willing to pay 1 billion credits for a proper sig...

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 07:41

Lancefighter wrote:A fighter drone with a squash mine attached flies straight towards the target... when it gets close enough, BOOM :D
(ok maybe not, it just sounded good at the time)
Have you looked at the TRACKER Mine script?
It already has flak mines.
So if you don't mind a substantial ammo bill...
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lancefighter
xr

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 16:06

lol true.

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 00:12

Version 1.40 released.

Bug with kill mission ships fixed.

The goblins are here to cause some mischief!
Their actual usefulness is yet to be determined. =P

They are not launched against ships with turrets.

They are only collected if the ship has a transporter device.

Lancefighter
xr

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 00:16

coolness.

Dingo15

Post by Dingo15 » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 20:34

Hi all,
Does anybody know if XTM changes any of the existing X3 weapons? At least to the point where you would have to change any values in the .XML file for MARS?

I would like to add EMP weapons, but i'm just not sure what values to use.

Using X3 mod manager and editor I looked into types\TLaser.pck and types\TBullets.pck, but none of the weapon values I found there matched the MARS xx7047. XML. Even the standard stuff like IREs. Im not even sure what units the .pck lists the damage in (per shot, second, minute?).So that prompted the question.

Thanks for the help :D

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 17:50

Version 1.45 released.

Goblins tuned and finished.
They should be more useful now.

znix77
x4

Post by znix77 » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 19:07

Hi Gazz,

Referring to post by Dingo15, I'm also using XTM and haven't upgraded to the latest MARS script yet since I don't think the weapon values are the same with vanilla game.

Atm using MAR 0.6 beta since it generates the weapon values on first run? Not sure of the whole mechanics but didn't want to upgrade to latest version in case GPPC were chosen over AEMP/BEMP in XTM terran M1/M2s.

Would love to update the XML file with the correct values and get to use MARS offense mode but am also not sure how to reference the right values. Would be great if we could be pointed in the right direction with 1 example? Thanks!

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 19:19

You need the X3 Editor to get those values.

Dunno what CAT file XTM put them in but the stuff you need are

types/TLaser.txt for rate of fire and index
types/TBullets.txt has the bullet speed, shield and hull damage

You calculate the damage per second and enter this and the bullet speed as a laser entry in xx7047.xml.

For "new" weapons like the EMP things you probably have to copy/paste one of the existing entries for editing.
As long as you change it to the right index the order is irrelevant.

Dingo15

Post by Dingo15 » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 21:10

I guess i'll just assume all the weapons data has changed and fill it in. See what happens from there :D

Edit:
So, I started messing around and remembered I found another weapon stat chart somewhere else.

http://www.everville.de/docs/lms_data.pdf

I took a look at that and saw that it pretty much matched the stats on the .cat file that XTM uses. Still need to look at it for the index but just not much more.
So... yeah, guess i'll get on it and see how it does. :wink:

Edit 2:
Well, I got it. Turns out there were two xx7047.xml's I had to edit but it seems to be working with the EMPs.
It's always supposed to be on standby though, right? Unless it encounters an enemy, and then it switches to offensive or defensive according to which you selected?
Also... seems a LITTLE slow to open fire at first, but that may just be because it's waiting for a good shot, right?

In the end though, I can't wait to try it on my cap ships. Its an awesome system indeed.

I guess, thinking about it now... if I had to ask one more thing..
What are the ship size values based off of? meters in length of the ship or something? For now i'm just using the size settings of the BHEPT for AEMP and GPPC for BEMP. So it should be fine. I was just kind of wondering.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”