[Script] Universe Explorers v1.0.1: Update Apr. 16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should the following be added?

Hire Explorers from the BBS
12%
Options to customize satellite deployment
18%
Both!
65%
Neither, go make some other script 7ate9tin11s
4%

Total votes: 92

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 07:59

Oh well, easily fixed then. It's been a while since I installed new scripts, but I do remember having to install the bonus pack a few times for some reason.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 23:18

Ahhh damn it.

I didn't enable the script editor!!!!!!!!
:evil:

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 23:32

Poor sod. Not having much luck are you? I'm sure you'll get there in the end though. Keep at it!

It's worth it! ;)
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 00:51

1. Apply the script/t files to your game folder using either an .spk file or by copy/pasting them into the appropriate directories.

2. Launch the game and enable Script Editor if not already done (see forums for instructions).

3. In the Script Editor, click on reinit script cache to restart all scripts once the SI is activated. This will cycle through all scripts again to make sure any commands and/or hotkeys are made available for use.

4. Go nuts :D

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 01:45

I am still intrigued as to the need of the Universe Explorers 1.0.1.spk file in the download.

What is it's function???

As I have started a fresh new campaign/plot, I am waiting to get enough credit for a new ship before I buy the explorer software. So still don't know if it is going to work.

Perhaps today?

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 03:05

The Universe Explorer script adds the functionality described in the first post in this thread. Basically though, it goes above and beyond what the Explorer Software can do. It's up to you to decide whether or not you need that functionality or not.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 08:17

Don't worry about the .spk file. You wont need it since you install scripts manually.

It's for use with Cycrow's Plugin Manager. A tool he made for easier installing of scripts/mods/ships etc.

As for the UE script. If you want to test if it's working, check the BBS. There should be explorers for hire there. You could also cheat in some money to get a ship + the software if you like. Before you get too far in your new game and find it still does not work.

You may also want to give the scripts readme file a good read. That will explain all the UE's functions in detail.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 09:15

Great..... so I can't find the Universe explorer command under Navigation. I hired a pilot from a base, still no command. What next???

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 10:16

What do you mean, you hired a pilot from a base? you mean you hired a pilot + ship from the BBS?

Edit: Once you have everything, there should be 3 commands for the UE script, in the Navigation menu of the Command Console.

1. Start Universe Explorer
2. Move Universe Explorer Pilot
3. Drop Navigational Warning Beacon
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 22:13

Funny thing.
I reinstalled the entire game, bonus pack, script and started a new campaign.

I checked the scripts in the script editor, and now I can see the Universe Explorer scripts. Couldn't before.

Now I just need to make enough credit to buy an M5, fit it out, and get it going.

I have to say, this is the first time I have added a script. Definitely a learning experience.

Hopefully will get an explorer tonight after work.

Thanks for your help guys. Will keep you posted.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 22:38

All ships have the ability to drop a navigational beacon regardless of whether they have Explorer software of not. It's a universal command added under Navigation and is not software or ship class dependent.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:03

Er.........obviously you did'nt read page 1 of this script my friend. You will find that the ability to drop the beacons IS software dependant. You have to have the Navigation Command software installed BEFORE you get the option to drop them.

Edit:

Fitzy. You don't need to buy any ship yourself. If you watch the BBS, you will find explorers to hire! I found a level 19 Cartographer with an Octopus Vanguard for hire for just over 50k!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:49

You're right, I just download things without bothering to read how to use them at all :roll: All of my ships carry NCS as standard equipment so I forgot about that but for completeness' sake yes you're right.

Hope you have fun with it Fitzy. The hard part of learning how to mod is more or less over so hopefully if you add anymore in the future you'll have less trouble. I think I'm running something like 15 or so scripts and a half dozen ship mods on my game and I love it :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:59

Try almost 50 scripts + XTM + half a dozen or so ship mods. over 2 game installs :D

I'm script/mod mad, me. :P
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 22:14

Qapla!!!!!!!!

My Explorer Discoverer is dropping beacons and Nav sats, increasing in rank..... giddy up!

Hopefully he will start moving into other sectors I have not yet gone, as well as scan roids.

I have deliberately stayed in the Argon and Boron sectors around Argon Prime, so hopefully, all the work I used to have to do myself, he shall do.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 08:36

Glad it's sorted Fitzy.

Some Advice. You may want to keep a close eye on your explorer, until you can get him in a better ship.

Mine was doing fine, until he entered a Split sector with a Pirate base. Just to scan a few roids. A couple of Pirate Nova's decided to make him space dust while he was working. Obviously an Octpus Vanguard would not survive that kind of attack, so I ordered him to move out before they reached him.

He's currently sitting at level 22. I'm afraid I'll lose him, so his exploring duties are suspended. At least until after I can get him into something that does'nt resemble a paper plane!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 09:01

I would advise an M4 with decent cargo capacity and M class cargo. Otherwise he won't be able to carry many satellites at a time (or fighter drones) and he can't mount a triplex scanner. I believe the Split have a decent one that has a good combination of speed and cargo capacity.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 10:19

Or he could get hold of a Gonar Ranger................ :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 23:24

I am doing a fit out on a centaur.

That should satisfy.

Do the explorers use Jumpdrives if they need to escape??

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 23:39

Forget the Centaur and check the 1st page Fitzy. You can only use: M5, M4 and Gonar Rangers for your explorers. I'm about to shift mine into the latter.

Also check the 1st page for jump drive usage. I think only high level explorers can use them.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”