[Script] Universe Explorers v1.0.1: Update Apr. 16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should the following be added?

Hire Explorers from the BBS
12%
Options to customize satellite deployment
18%
Both!
65%
Neither, go make some other script 7ate9tin11s
4%

Total votes: 92

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 22:38

All ships have the ability to drop a navigational beacon regardless of whether they have Explorer software of not. It's a universal command added under Navigation and is not software or ship class dependent.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:03

Er.........obviously you did'nt read page 1 of this script my friend. You will find that the ability to drop the beacons IS software dependant. You have to have the Navigation Command software installed BEFORE you get the option to drop them.

Edit:

Fitzy. You don't need to buy any ship yourself. If you watch the BBS, you will find explorers to hire! I found a level 19 Cartographer with an Octopus Vanguard for hire for just over 50k!
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:49

You're right, I just download things without bothering to read how to use them at all :roll: All of my ships carry NCS as standard equipment so I forgot about that but for completeness' sake yes you're right.

Hope you have fun with it Fitzy. The hard part of learning how to mod is more or less over so hopefully if you add anymore in the future you'll have less trouble. I think I'm running something like 15 or so scripts and a half dozen ship mods on my game and I love it :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:59

Try almost 50 scripts + XTM + half a dozen or so ship mods. over 2 game installs :D

I'm script/mod mad, me. :P
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 22:14

Qapla!!!!!!!!

My Explorer Discoverer is dropping beacons and Nav sats, increasing in rank..... giddy up!

Hopefully he will start moving into other sectors I have not yet gone, as well as scan roids.

I have deliberately stayed in the Argon and Boron sectors around Argon Prime, so hopefully, all the work I used to have to do myself, he shall do.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 08:36

Glad it's sorted Fitzy.

Some Advice. You may want to keep a close eye on your explorer, until you can get him in a better ship.

Mine was doing fine, until he entered a Split sector with a Pirate base. Just to scan a few roids. A couple of Pirate Nova's decided to make him space dust while he was working. Obviously an Octpus Vanguard would not survive that kind of attack, so I ordered him to move out before they reached him.

He's currently sitting at level 22. I'm afraid I'll lose him, so his exploring duties are suspended. At least until after I can get him into something that does'nt resemble a paper plane!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 09:01

I would advise an M4 with decent cargo capacity and M class cargo. Otherwise he won't be able to carry many satellites at a time (or fighter drones) and he can't mount a triplex scanner. I believe the Split have a decent one that has a good combination of speed and cargo capacity.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 10:19

Or he could get hold of a Gonar Ranger................ :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 23:24

I am doing a fit out on a centaur.

That should satisfy.

Do the explorers use Jumpdrives if they need to escape??

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 23:39

Forget the Centaur and check the 1st page Fitzy. You can only use: M5, M4 and Gonar Rangers for your explorers. I'm about to shift mine into the latter.

Also check the 1st page for jump drive usage. I think only high level explorers can use them.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 23:41

They only utilize jumpdrives at level 23+ unfortunately. See the first post in the thread for a complete list of their abilities and levels.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 23:54

Alright then. I will use my Buster that I started with, and cruise around in my centaur myself.

I have the need to stage a take over of Brennan's Triumph! :twisted:

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:19

Cheat in a Gonar Ranger. They can carry 200MJ worth of shields. Best Buster can take is 20MJ
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:31

Where do I get the goner ranger from??

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:33

Actually the Ranger only takes 125MJ of shielding and it's movement rate is painfully slow (unless you also use the supertune cheat) at only 85m/s meaning that while it can take a beating, it can't outrun anything if it gets outnumbered and will eventually just succumb to enemy fire. If you go with spawning a ship you may as well kick it up a notch and do the Argon Military Transport seen in the story that can do 162m/s, carries 250MJ of shielding, and mounts 6 turrets with 1 barrel each :D I actually used the Terran's M4 (Mjolnir) which is fast (200m/s) and well shielded (50MJ) with good cargo capacity (300 M size) for when he starts laying down satellites for me.
Fitzy Of Sydney wrote:Where do I get the goner ranger from??
You can't unfortunately. It's only obtainable if you spawn one using LV's cheat scripts. The same is true of the two ships I mentioned above. Remember that to use a triplex scanner a ship needs to have at least M class cargo capacity, which limits your choices severely in M5's and even in some M4's.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:38

Hmmmmm strange. I just checked the stats on Rogueys Site. Rangers in X3R can take 1x200mj shields.

I've also managed to add the GR to a shipyard in my game, so I can buy it. :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:41

200MJ shields don't exist in vanilla X3R (1MJ, 5MJ, 25MJ, 125MJ, 1GJ, 10GJ), so you're probably running one of the major mods then and it changed it. My stats come from the X Models 3D Viewer program and vanilla(ish) X3R :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 08:05

I think your right digdug. I'll have to check in game to be sure, but it looks like Rogueys site needs an update. The info is supposed to be for X3R 2.5 vanilla.

Also never noticed the terrible max speed. Looks like I'll have to utilise Cycrows BBS overtune script :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 09:07

OMG! I've just hired an explorer with a Starburst!!! :o I wonder how long it will be before he ends up going 'splat' on the windscreen of a passing cap ship, or the side of a station. :D :lol:
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 18:03

Universe explorers can be moved between ships using the 'Move Universe Explorer Pilot...' command under the 'Start Universe Explorer...' command in the navigation commands menu.
So how does this ship swapping work? I would imagine both ships need to be docked at the same station? Or can it be done in space?

Anyway, my first explorer perhaps had a collision with something today (in Queens Space) cause' i had no messages suggesting he was being attacked, just ... "Remote link has been broken" or some such.

He started pretty well and just got on with it exploring the Argon home sectors. He did seem to go back and forth sometimes between sectors he'd already visited though, but on the whole he did a pretty thorough job dropping adv nav sats in the middle of each sector (How do i get him to drop them where i want them dropped?).

I'm also using Rogueys Mod and LV cheats, and a couple of others (Anarkis carrier commands, Local trader, Turret on/off).
- Buck Rogers ; I was using the M.A.R.S turret script recently and found it absolutely excellent (aims better, shoots better, kills quicker, saves power), the only strange thing (although totally intentional) is that it will temporarily uninstall some of the guns (on lesser targets) so as to be energy efficient, installing them again for more dangerous targets. - Which isn't a problem at all but just kinda strange if you're used to having a full loadout.

However when i installed Anarkis carrier commands my game started crashing when loading saves so i figured it was one or the other. So i decided to favour the carrier commands. - However, i only just installed the X3 bonus pack (with it's group management for up to six wings/flightgroups) which would suffice pretty well for combat instead of the Anarkis carrier commands.

So i think what i'm gonna do is get rid of the carrier commands and use the bonus pack group management instead, which will let me reinstall M.A.R.S ... because it is so good. I just means i'll have to do without the naming and turret orders specifically. I know it's a pain renaming ships and doing their turrets but heck, i don't have to do it that often.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”