[Script] Universe Explorers v1.0.1: Update Apr. 16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should the following be added?

Hire Explorers from the BBS
12%
Options to customize satellite deployment
18%
Both!
65%
Neither, go make some other script 7ate9tin11s
4%

Total votes: 92

ScorpiusX
x4

Post by ScorpiusX » Thu, 22. May 08, 03:47

Hi I installed this script and have been using it for a couple of days, I must say I'm impressed very nice script well done. However i do have one critisism. When the explorers are deploying sats they're dropping them in places where they ARE going to get destroyed i.e close to the centre and pretty low, where any passing pirate/etc can quite easily see it and blow it to hell and back. Eventually replacing all those sats is going to have cost me a lot of money.

What I suggest is to add another AL option "Engage Satellite Safety Mode" default being No. In Default Mode sats will continue to be dropped as they are now, in Safe Mode they would be dropped at 0/100/0 (not perfectly safe, but far safer than in Default Mode). Safe Mode deployment should carry an extra fee of a couple of hundred creds, which will still be a big saving over replacing every sat several times.

Like I said apart from the sat deploy this script is perfect and should be signed in my opinion.
ScorpiusX Corp company motto:

"We don't want to rule the Galaxy"
"We just want to own it!"

AnakinRadick

Post by AnakinRadick » Thu, 19. Jun 08, 01:14

I know this is an older thread but does anyone know of such a script for X2 (because i presume this one is for X3)?

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Thu, 19. Jun 08, 05:10

I don't know of anything like this for x2 myself or even if this would work in x2 :? .

If anyone wants to try installing the scripts into their x2 and seeing if they work let me know. My x2 disks are on the other side of the world right now and I don't plan to have them shipped to me :roll: .

Thoradin
x4

Post by Thoradin » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 16:05

Does anyone have the problem of explorers all wandering to Kingdom End and getting stuck there?

I generally have 6 / 7 explorers (level 15+) all stuck in KE, all with places to go (upgrading themselves or off to other sectors to scan asteroids etc) But it seems they can't get out of the sector.....

Also moving them out manually and restarting UE doesn't seem to help, most of the time they just make there way back and get stuck again....

Any ideas?

Running :
XTM
RRF
GCS3 + GAIUS

+ a few others which I doubt have any impact (like jumpdrive kits)

BallBag112

Post by BallBag112 » Sun, 20. Jul 08, 22:23

I have the same problem as Thoradin.

All my explorers just keep going back to Kingdom End to get stuck there.
Even if i move them to the other side of the universe and restart UE they keep going back to KE. Most of the time they want to fly to an equipment dock for the cargo bay upgrade, but instead of going to the equipment dock they fly to KE.

I have the same mods/scripts running as Thoradin + the bonus pack and improved Xenon script.

Jams79
x4

Post by Jams79 » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 15:08

I think the Kingdom End problem is a conflict with GAIUS. I had the same problem but after a fresh install without GAIUS the problem is no more. I also noticed the AL sat options for UX were corrupted and not showing properly.

Morgund
x4

Broken links...

Post by Morgund » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 01:45

Does anyone have a copy of this laying about that they would be so kind as to rehost somewhere? Sounds like a great script if I can get my hands on it.

Thanks!
-Morg

misioooo
x3tc

Post by misioooo » Mon, 4. May 09, 16:26

I would also try this sound-superb script. Anyone can help me with that?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 4. May 09, 16:41

Send me a PM with your e-mail address mentioning Universe Explorers script and i'll mail it to you.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 03:51

Sorry guys,
but if I install, do I have to start a new game??

I installed, and in a saved game, saw none of the "commands".

I started a new game, and could not even find the explorer software at Teladi equip docks.

Maybe the installation??

Can someone point me i the direction of install instructions?

Cheers.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 04:40

You need the Bonus Pack which contains the basic Explorer Software item for purchase AND this script in order to use Universe Explorer.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 04:42

digdug83 wrote:You need the Bonus Pack which contains the basic Explorer Software item for purchase AND this script in order to use Universe Explorer.
Already do. Sorry, should have been specific.

Still no joy.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 05:02

If you don't see the Explorer software for sale anywhere then your installation of the Bonus Pack went wrong somehow.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 05:07

digdug83 wrote:If you don't see the Explorer software for sale anywhere then your installation of the Bonus Pack went wrong somehow.

How is the script installed?

Do I take the files out of each folder, and put them in the corresponding game folder?

what about the spk file?

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 05:29

The Explorer Software (not to be confused with Universe Explorer) is a part of the official X3:Reunion Bonus Pack, found here. It's an exe installer, not an spk file because everything in the BP is signed by Egosoft and thus is not considered a modification of the game.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 05:40

digdug83 wrote:The Explorer Software (not to be confused with Universe Explorer) is a part of the official X3:Reunion Bonus Pack, found here. It's an exe installer, not an spk file because everything in the BP is signed by Egosoft and thus is not considered a modification of the game.
I already have the BP installed, just a problem with the install of the Universe Explorer script.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 05:44

Ok, clearly I'm not being clear enough. You stated several posts back that you can't find Explorer Software on Teladi EQ docks yes? Well, if you can't buy that then you can't use Universe Explorer, and if you can't see the software then your BP install is messed up, hence why I linked you to the BP page. You also need to have the ship doing the exploring be an M5, M4, or the Goner Ranger (the other fighter classes MIGHT be able to use it, haven't tried). You probably need to reinstall either the BP or the whole game if doing just the BP doesn't work for you, but it's not the script's fault. It's your BP installation.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 05:46

digdug83 wrote:Ok, clearly I'm not being clear enough. You stated several posts back that you can't find Explorer Software on Teladi EQ docks yes? Well, if you can't buy that then you can't use Universe Explorer, and if you can't see the software then your BP install is messed up, hence why I linked you to the BP page. You also need to have the ship doing the exploring be an M5, M4, or the Goner Ranger (the other fighter classes MIGHT be able to use it, haven't tried). You probably need to reinstall either the BP or the whole game if doing just the BP doesn't work for you, but it's not the script's fault. It's your BP installation.
Sorry dude.
I am with you now.
Thanks for your help, will give it a go.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 21:05

Either that or he has this installed?

Devest's Satellite Deployment script - Reported to remove Explorer Software from trade docks.

from page one of this thread
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 00:28

Buck_Rogers wrote:Either that or he has this installed?

Devest's Satellite Deployment script - Reported to remove Explorer Software from trade docks.

from page one of this thread
Definitely didn't install that.
Seems to fixed itself after reinstalling the bonus pack.

I have restarted from the beginning again anyway.

Always a good excuse to hang out with the Don!!!! :P

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”