[Mod] HUD - with missile stat info!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 19:13

help my hud disappeared

yes that happened, I installed it (I've XTM and the patch for this mod).

when I looked in the main files folder there was another set of cad/cat files with number 1, I didn't install those. so is there a way of looking in them and is there a way to get my hud back?

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Tue, 25. Mar 08, 05:11

Sounds like MAYBE you overwote the cat and dat files for the hud mod. Just look in your x3 directory and then extract the hud mod files to your desktop. I think they are named 11 and 12. Just rename them to the next sequential numbers after the last cat and dat files you have. For example you should name the cat and dat files for your HUD mod to 13 and 14 if the cat and dat files in your x3 directory are 11 and 12. Let me know how it works out!

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Tue, 25. Mar 08, 08:37

ok, what I've done is the following, delete all those files (12-14) and reinstall them, and loaded an older save, I think it might be caused by the fact that I saved in mid space while there were some scripts running (race military), could also just be caused by a bad save.

I've my hud back and it is working fine.

One "bug" My A hept are only shown as a blank square (without letters), and the unknown objects and rock beetles (are they part of XTM?) are show as A hepts, only the ons with depleted energy.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 15:39

Are there any tutorials for hud modding. Do you need any special programs for it - I only got free ones like Blender and Gimp :roll:

Just like you I would like to clean up the HUD some. Since I use 90" screen (yes, thats right 90" :P ) I really could do with just a minute markings of some things, and clearer laser energy ofcourse - damn hard to see, he he.

Cheers!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 17:32

It's all text entries for element positions and 2D graphics.
You just need a graphics program that can handle alpha channels.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 20:51

Gazz wrote:It's all text entries for element positions and 2D graphics.
You just need a graphics program that can handle alpha channels.
Right - I'll check it out. I think I'll play for a while longer before I get my hands dirty though; just started playing X3 you know :wink:

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 13:24

Interesting, I ll give it a try...
"YOU NEVER SAY IT'S QUIET IN SPACE!"

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Thu, 15. May 08, 21:59

Laar wrote: One "bug" My A hept are only shown as a blank square (without letters)
I'm having the same problem (I'm running XTM and your HUD patch for XTM, btw). Ejecting and re-entering my ship, removing and re-equipping the AHEPTs, and switching to another ship and back didn't fix it either. I noticed the BHEPT shows up fine.

Other than that, I like the mod. Great work!
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 17. May 08, 18:29

Ecthelion wrote:I'm having the same problem (I'm running XTM and your HUD patch for XTM, btw). Ejecting and re-entering my ship, removing and re-equipping the AHEPTs, and switching to another ship and back didn't fix it either. I noticed the BHEPT shows up fine.
Re-DL and try the new XTM-fix for this HUD mod.

Apparently the XTM modders thought it funny to change the icon name of the HEPT1.
I dont have XTM but I guess it should work now.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Sat, 17. May 08, 18:43

Gazz wrote:
Ecthelion wrote:I'm having the same problem (I'm running XTM and your HUD patch for XTM, btw). Ejecting and re-entering my ship, removing and re-equipping the AHEPTs, and switching to another ship and back didn't fix it either. I noticed the BHEPT shows up fine.
Re-DL and try the new XTM-fix for this HUD mod.

Apparently the XTM modders thought it funny to change the icon name of the HEPT1.
I dont have XTM but I guess it should work now.
Awesome... that did it!

Thanks a lot.
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”