[SCRIPT] Bail Signal Extension: Higher Chance & Big Ship Bailing 2.1 (8/18/07)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 14. May 09, 23:29

HalcyonSpirit wrote:Ships from those missions (and other similar ones) are hardcoded in the game to never bail. It just isn't possible to change this, so go ahead; kill it with fire.
Thanks of the reply... but something is wrong here.
I decided to pick another target and picked on a Pirate Dolphin EC transporter, and even though I raised the bail level to 99%, I simply couldn't get it to bail out. (And I used a save game to try over and over again)

Anyone has any idea how I can test BSE?

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

ddrake

Post by ddrake » Thu, 21. May 09, 02:13

I think it installed it right but whenever I hit my hotkey it sends me a message: Readtext7420-1

What did I do wrong?

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 21. May 09, 02:30

gilboa wrote:
HalcyonSpirit wrote:Ships from those missions (and other similar ones) are hardcoded in the game to never bail. It just isn't possible to change this, so go ahead; kill it with fire.
Thanks of the reply... but something is wrong here.
I decided to pick another target and picked on a Pirate Dolphin EC transporter, and even though I raised the bail level to 99%, I simply couldn't get it to bail out. (And I used a save game to try over and over again)

Anyone has any idea how I can test BSE?

- Gilboa
Please ignore.
I reconfigured it and it works just fine.

Captured my first K since X2 :)

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Sun, 31. May 09, 04:04

BSE was my saving grace for X3 R, is there anything like this for X3TC?
Ships don't like bailing too much normally.

TimmyNL
x3tc

Post by TimmyNL » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 13:45

hi i installed X3 again and installed this mod it works fine,
but sometimes when i go to another sector the game crashes.
I've got the latest patches, installed everything for this script to work and besides when i first installed X3 the script didn't crash my x3.
It is also the only script i've added to x3

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 02:01

TimmyNL wrote:hi i installed X3 again and installed this mod it works fine,
I've got the latest patches, installed everything for this script to work and besides when i first installed X3 the script didn't crash my x3.
This will probably be the plugin manager - make sure you select exit and start game so that the plugin manager is closed when the game is running.

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 18:51

Great Script Buddy! :D

Would you like me to translate it in Italian so you can include the xml files in your release (I hope!) for X - Superbox?

I'd need a couple of minutes... :roll:

wolfmanjack321
x3

Post by wolfmanjack321 » Mon, 19. Oct 09, 00:49

is this mod compatible with the apricot mod merge for X3TC?

I used this mod back with reunion and loved it..

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 16:13

TimmyNL wrote:hi i installed X3 again and installed this mod it works fine,
I know why this is happening, and it's caused by the BSE.

What is happening, is BSE trying to do something with a ship that no longer exists. Not sure exactly what, bt every crash I've had has been from BSE trying something, but was lagged and the ship was destroyed before it could finish.

Might need a check if the ship is still there before attempting to processa 'bail'.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Cornuthaum
x3tc

Post by Cornuthaum » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 15:54

Hiya! After getting into X3 again, and playing XTM for a while, the frustratingly low bail rate got to me (though, so far, the one ship that did bail was a Kea, so I have a shiny new ride now).

So I went through my "X3 Mods" folder, checked for updates and found this one - only, after installing BSE 2.1, the calibration menu that I should be able to hotkey in the settings isn't showing up - I'm getting a readtext1903-11554 instead (and yes, it's from BSE - I un- and reinstalled the script half a dozen times, saving inbetween each un- and re-installation, just to make sure.)

So, do I have to re-install X3 entirely (I'd rather not ;_;), or is there some obvious action to take that I don't know about?

(Running X3 with XTM 0.7.4, Cycrows Salvage Claim Software and Guilds)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 14:27

Might check that the text file is being put into the 't' folder, or it will give you a readtext response. The files are 448893.xml and 447420.xml.

These are english only, so if you use another language, you'll get readtext then too.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 04:49

Hey folks maybe someone can tell me what I've screwed up to get this to happen. I installed this and never bothered with doing custom values and just took the default buttons in each menu. Well I've decided recently to try assigning custom values (ie bail rate higher than 30%) but there's a problem. When I go into the custom value screen I only get the following buttons: 1, 4, 7, 3, 6, 9, CE, Cancel. I'm assuming I'm should also have a 2, 5, 8, and Enter/IOk in there somewhere. I've checked my t files and both of them are indeed installed to the correct directory so what's going on?

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 23:43

Umm, another issue (sorry if already stated, i didnt saw it)
Everytime my ship manages to severely damage a xenon cap ship (only capital, smaller ones is fine), one of two things happens:

-It goes buum
- game crashes

Same with Kha'ak ships

Wonder if the bail condition for those races is screwed somehow?
Kinda annoying.

Im also using HAT and Xone scripts.

Any help apreciatted, as i base my games on capping stuff :)
Strength through Unity

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 02:11

If those are the only two scripts you're using then one of three things is happening most likely.

1. Either one or both of those is interfering with BSE.
2. Your install of X3R is messed up somehow.
3. Both :(

Have you tried disabling those real fast to see if it'll work after that? Also, the ships can still explode, although you can set a custom value to the explosion rate down to ridiculously low levels (1% for example) so that's not a bug.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 06:53

Well apparently one of the other scripts was over writing one of the two t files used for BSE. I managed to track it down (I didn't really use said script anyway) and removed it and restored BSE's files from the SPK and it worked beautifully. Odd, seeing as how when I restored them before by just re-applying the entire SPK package it didn't fix it. I had to extract the t files manually.

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 20:59

Thanks for the help :)

I removed the scripts and went one at a time, but i think i installed them in a different way (or those nasty goblins living under my desk did something) now it seems to be working (i managed to make a J bail :P )
But now i got a few "readtext######" and some "..._NEW_WARES###"
Going to be hell to find what this belong to :(

Still, again thank you for the help, still good to have a awesome community :)
Strength through Unity

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 21:39

To find those errors, simply disable all other scripts and remove the script files. Then, one at a time, reinstall the t files until it asks you if you want to replace the one you already have. You'll have your culprit. SPK's automatically replace whatever's in the directory so someone just used the same t file number twice. Script files tend to be uniquely named so that shouldn't be the issue, but if the first step fails, that's the next one :(

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 22:33

hehe always good to have someone that knows what to do, thanks a bunch. Now, lets begin :)
Strength through Unity

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 07:57

I could have swore I saw this question answered somewhere but 30 minutes of forum searching has gotten me nowhere so here goes. In my last game, I captured 2 Kha'ak M2's; one in some random sector out in the middle of nowhere and the other during a mission in X3R. Now the first one didn't have much on it and eventually I decided to just bite the bullet and use the cheat scripts to give it gear to play with it. I had zero issues doing so and the ship rapidly became my second favorite in the game. The second one, which I attributed to the way I acquired it via mission spawn, refused to keep any guns mounted on it once I scrolled down to mount the rest of the turrets. Now I've started a new game and managed to capture another one, this time in Home of Light attempting to annihilate all life therin :D I put weapons on it and it did the same thing the second destroyer in my last game did :( I figured since I couldn't have gotten this ship without BSE I may as well post in here.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 09:15

Well I figured that one out, mostly anyway. Apparently the ship needs to be at a dead halt doing absolutely nothing (I was trying to use self repairing hull technology at the time) and not have anything docked with it (ie Xenon J).

My next question is this; is there a working mod/xsp for getting the Odin to dock fighters? I tried the link provided for the J back in the thread but I can't even load my save with it activated :( Anyone know of a similar deal for the Odin that might actually work?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”