[SCRIPT] Bail Signal Extension: Higher Chance & Big Ship Bailing 2.1 (8/18/07)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 20:59

Thanks for the help :)

I removed the scripts and went one at a time, but i think i installed them in a different way (or those nasty goblins living under my desk did something) now it seems to be working (i managed to make a J bail :P )
But now i got a few "readtext######" and some "..._NEW_WARES###"
Going to be hell to find what this belong to :(

Still, again thank you for the help, still good to have a awesome community :)
Strength through Unity

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 21:39

To find those errors, simply disable all other scripts and remove the script files. Then, one at a time, reinstall the t files until it asks you if you want to replace the one you already have. You'll have your culprit. SPK's automatically replace whatever's in the directory so someone just used the same t file number twice. Script files tend to be uniquely named so that shouldn't be the issue, but if the first step fails, that's the next one :(

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 22:33

hehe always good to have someone that knows what to do, thanks a bunch. Now, lets begin :)
Strength through Unity

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 07:57

I could have swore I saw this question answered somewhere but 30 minutes of forum searching has gotten me nowhere so here goes. In my last game, I captured 2 Kha'ak M2's; one in some random sector out in the middle of nowhere and the other during a mission in X3R. Now the first one didn't have much on it and eventually I decided to just bite the bullet and use the cheat scripts to give it gear to play with it. I had zero issues doing so and the ship rapidly became my second favorite in the game. The second one, which I attributed to the way I acquired it via mission spawn, refused to keep any guns mounted on it once I scrolled down to mount the rest of the turrets. Now I've started a new game and managed to capture another one, this time in Home of Light attempting to annihilate all life therin :D I put weapons on it and it did the same thing the second destroyer in my last game did :( I figured since I couldn't have gotten this ship without BSE I may as well post in here.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 09:15

Well I figured that one out, mostly anyway. Apparently the ship needs to be at a dead halt doing absolutely nothing (I was trying to use self repairing hull technology at the time) and not have anything docked with it (ie Xenon J).

My next question is this; is there a working mod/xsp for getting the Odin to dock fighters? I tried the link provided for the J back in the thread but I can't even load my save with it activated :( Anyone know of a similar deal for the Odin that might actually work?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 13:27

Actually, what you are seeing is the default turret (aka NPC) controll sets working. When not in a combat situation, they mount only 1 gun per turret group.

Setting the turrets to 'NONE' will clear it out.

Vanilla Odin and J don't dock fighters, as they have no landing/launch bays.

I did a J mod that allowes true carrier activities, and I think someone else did one for he Odin.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 21:36

I can't seem to find that anywhere. Any ideas on where it might be hiding? Also, when I tried the fixed J xsp that's linked in this thread my saves won't load so that didn't do me much good :( Is yours available somewhere?

Mindmaker
x3tc

Post by Mindmaker » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 09:37

Could it be that this script changes some other game files?

Because after removing it, the ships still bail far to often...

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 10:16

As I've never tried to remove it after setting it up I can't say for sure, but it's a possibility I suppose. Worst comes to worst I would just say re-install it, use whatever the default settings are (which I believe is what the game uses normally) then un-install the script.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 16:16

Ships that have been attacked will have the bail script insalled into thier task trees. This means they may or may not bail/explode from them.

Any ship that didn't have the bail script installed will function as per normal.

It may take you a while to clear out the scripted ships. :)

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 05:16

Sorry this is out of sequence with your conversation but this may save a diligent Googler some headache in future:

The BSE script interferes with an XTM Mission. I think its Treasure Hunt.

Problem:

In one part, you must strip the shields and do 40%+ hull damage to a pirate M1. (Galleon)

Once done, it triggers a script that makes him release a ship trapped within it.

He will not drop and will fight to the death every time if BSE is Enabled. This prevents Mission Completion and denies a nice ship as a prize.

Solution:

Very easy. Just go into Plugin Manager and Disable BSE. You can re-enable it after this Mission and resume your cap-happy madness.

Game on!

:lol:

PS: I LOVE BSE!!! :twisted:

ominous1
xr

Post by ominous1 » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 10:24

where do u put it? its been years since i played and i forget a ton of things it stinks =( i wish i knew where the saved game files go 2.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 23:20

jumbled wrote:Another little problem I've been noticing lately is I'm picking up a lot of Xenon P Raiders in Scale Plate Green, which is fine, but they have 0 hull points. I'm wondering what's holding them together, their own gravity? :D
Same here. Getting not just P's, but N's and L's at 0% hull. Even with the difficulty on "Easy". Approximately 80-90% of all Xenon bails are at 0% hull in my game.

-Grax

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 09:11

Xfir01, did you ever get to the 'To Do' bit of having an exploding ship drop wares?

I did, and it's amazing how much you can make just collecting the 'loot' from a ship that destructs.

immortalfrieza
x3tc

Post by immortalfrieza » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 03:13

Hey Xfir01, if you can, could you please convert the Bail signal extension mod here so that it'll work with x2?

SunshineDragon

Re: [SCRIPT] Bail Signal Extension: Higher Chance & Big Ship Bailing 2.1 (8/18/07)

Post by SunshineDragon » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 07:45

Kinda returning to the game after getting hold of a large X-bundle. Unfortunately the download link isn't working for me, so could any of you awesome ppl point me in the right direction for a DL please?

SSD

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Bail Signal Extension: Higher Chance & Big Ship Bailing 2.1 (8/18/07)

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 8. Aug 21, 17:10

The top download link from the opening post works fine for me. But it's also available from xdownloads:
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Thu, 14. Sep 23, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: https added to DL Button and Link
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 10:43

Can we get a new download link?

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 15:16

aandrasandras wrote:
Thu, 14. Sep 23, 10:43
You can still use the link from X2-Illuminatus on post before your Question. I've have changed how it gets displayed.
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 17:16

N8M4R3 wrote:
Thu, 14. Sep 23, 15:16
aandrasandras wrote:
Thu, 14. Sep 23, 10:43
You can still use the link from X2-Illuminatus on post before your Question. I've have changed how it gets displayed.
alr thx

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”