[SCRIPT] PiloteAI III.70 (28.09.08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Azz
x4

[SCRIPT] PiloteAI III.70 (28.09.08)

Post by Azz » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 12:55

PilotAI

Script AL Plugin
Version: 3.70
Author: Azz
Script originally created in French
===============================================
  • Downloads
:arrow: Pilot AI in .spk - You will need Script Installer courtesy of Cycrow.

:arrow: Pilot AI in .zip

:arrow: Player User Guide PDF / ZIP (1.2Mo)- Includes:
* Comprehensive User Guide
* Controls
* Troubleshooter
* Hotkeys
* Pilot AI ranks and skills
* Command slots in Use, "t" files & pages

Author web Site: http://azzx3.free.fr/

:arrow: You must install the PrizzZ Library mEngine 1.1 http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=132150
PilotAI is using this library to provide the user with the ability to select from scripted menus: wares, sectors and so on....
Thanks to PrizzZ for this fantastic tool.. :)
  • Main Features
1 - AI Pilot improvement:
• Your pilots will improve in the military career, depending on their victories, or their business abilities for Universal Trader or Station Trader (Naffarin script) tasks.
• Their fighting skills will also enhance according to their career path. They will get a better response time, better fighting accuracy both with lasers and missiles, as well as better ship speed and handling.
• Additional controls will also be available according to the Rank (AI expansion): SAM abilities, ECM, damage management, advanced shielding management, protection of station, special SAM abilities when flying in a squadron... The higher the rank, the better some skills can improve.

2 - Early Warning & Strike Network:
• You can use your satellites in order to create one surveillance network. Strike squadrons will be allowed to automatically respond to every kind of threat. Patrol squadron will be also available to complement your surveillance network.

3 - Advanced Group management:
• You can create squadrons and manage them easily and efficiently, including keyboard shortcuts. Script will automatically monitor the squadron and will reform if one or several members are missing. If M5 is part of a squadron, some of them will be used as anti-missile fighters

4 - Patrol can get bounties by destroying enemy ships:
• Your ships will get a bounty for every single enemy ship destroyed. This bounty will vary according to the pilot rank and the class of enemy ship shot down.

5 - Supply:
• You can ensure that your fleet is properly supplied by using supply group or refuel group :
  • - Carriers can refill the ships which are docking
    - You can create 'Tankers', which store products and redistribute them if necessary in your ships or squadrons
    - Both carriers and Tankers are refilled by 'Suppliers'
    - For every squadron you can allocate a ship to the energy supplying.
6 - Status report available:
• A comprehensive report regarding the key elements of the ship is available, such as IA rank, upgrades, equipment…

7 - AI and living pilots both can eject:
• AI pilots (including MK3 trader) can eject in a rescue pod when their ships are shot down. This will allow you to collect and reinstall them in your own ships. Living pilots can also eject when their ships are destroyed. You can rescue them and whether sell them to pirates or taxi them in a station, and get a reward for this.

8 - Full control of AI’s:
• You can switch them between ships, get a track record of them, stock or sell or buy them…

9 - Advanced rename function:
• You can rename your ship by using many available options. You can also add up to 8 different colors to your names on top of additional information.
• Additional informations are automatically added to the ship name. These data can be hidden or unhidden at will. These informations are very useful to identify at a glance which ship is supposed to do what.

New in 3.57 : PilotAI is now in German, thanks to CS

• Compatibility with other scripts
This script is fully compatible with:
:arrow: XFP Mod v.4.x
:arrow: Xtended .7x
:arrow: New Horizons Mod

:arrow: MK3 or Naffarin’s Station Traders script - traders will increase their level according to their trading ability and experience. MK3’s can also eject if the ship is destroyed.
  • Known conflicts with other Scripts:
- Player Response Fleet by LV
- Bankkonto - Bank Account by Blacky_BPG
- Terracorps FleetPackage by Siath70
- Leveling AI by Nemeo
- RSwE by Klyith
- Bounty Enhancer by LV

PilotIA use the 'signal-killed', and thus is more or less compatible with every script using this signal...

Enjoy :D[/b]
Last edited by Azz on Sun, 28. Sep 08, 20:35, edited 8 times in total.
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 16:47

I'm speechless, this sounds fantastic :o

Thanks for making this available in English, my french is not good enough to follow forums in it. I will use this as soon as possible (just restarted, am only up to a M4, a M5 and two TS).

One question: shouldn't the Xenon be more likely to use AI in their ships? What was the reason they got a 0% chance?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 17:25

Hello Mailo
Xenons are pure AI, they are fully integrated into their vessels and completely dependent on them
They cannot thus eject

That's why this rate of ejection of 0 %

It is at least the interpretation which I chose :)

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 18:30

Azz wrote:Hello Mailo
Xenons are pure AI, they are fully integrated into their vessels and completely dependent on them
They cannot thus eject

That's why this rate of ejection of 0 %

It is at least the interpretation which I chose :)
Ok, makes sense :)
I suggested once for a capture script to eject computer components and microchips after a Xenon ship capture, instead of the astronaut, found the idea rather funny :lol:

Still, could be a nice time sink if there was a small chance to gain a special Xenon AI from a Xenon ship, maybe especially good at ComAI duty ...

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 18:52

Mailo wrote:Still, could be a nice time sink if there was a small chance to gain a special Xenon AI from a Xenon ship, maybe especially good at ComAI duty ...
This might be a good idea indeed - Super boosted AI level 24 straight away :) Would it be possible Azz :?:

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 19:34

Yes very good ideas
We could imagine that xenons has a very weak probability to eject IA, but very high level (24 and more)

I also like the idea of the ejection of computer components and microchips, what would be rather funny, if not really useful... :D

I note it for the next release
Thanks Mailo :)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 20:24

Hi Azz:

1. Can I form squadrons with big ships only (M1, M2, ect.) instead of only figthers?

2. If # 1 is true can I make a second, third and so on squadron from the M1 figthers sihps?

3. Does this script conflict with Trader Comand Software MK3 optimization by gnasirator from the german forum?

Thanks....

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 21:03

Just installed it and played with it a bit. Funny, the first two sectors I visited had Hacker stations in them, after reading the manual afterwards I found that there are just three in the universe. A good omen :D

I also found two AIs so far when Sector Police killed some pirates. Fun!

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 21:25

Puruco :

You can make as many squadrons as you want, (max 99), made up of the ships which you want...
For each squadron the more powerful ships will become the leader, and the wingers protect it and attacks or protects its target

For example :
You can make a squadron with only big ships to manage them more easily, m1 will become the leader, and you can make other squadrons with fighters and assign them to the protection of the M1, or another big ship

I don't know the script 'Trader Comand Software MK3 optimization. To be sure, only install the optional script 'lib.ship.signal.killed.trader.xml' wich is in the patch folder and not 'plugin.autotrade.sector.xml' and 'plugin.autotrade.galaxy.xml', so your mk3 will be at least able to eject, without risk of conflict.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 22:29

Azz wrote:Puruco :

You can make as many squadrons as you want, (max 99), made up of the ships which you want...
For each squadron the more powerful ships will become the leader, and the wingers protect it and attacks or protects its target

For example :
You can make a squadron with only big ships to manage them more easily, m1 will become the leader, and you can make other squadrons with fighters and assign them to the protection of the M1, or another big ship

I don't know the script 'Trader Comand Software MK3 optimization. To be sure, only install the optional script 'lib.ship.signal.killed.trader.xml' wich is in the patch folder and not 'plugin.autotrade.sector.xml' and 'plugin.autotrade.galaxy.xml', so your mk3 will be at least able to eject, without risk of conflict.
Thank Azz, I will defintly use it.

Also one more question does your script substitued the sector trader script or I can use both together?

Just for your info., the Trader Command Software M3 optimize the sector and universe traders. Make them work more eficiently and if attacked they try to jump out of danger.

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 23:23

PiloteAi doesn't substitute itself to sector trader. You can use both together...

It is fully compatible with universe and sector traders MK3, it modifies slightly these two scripts (plugin.autotrade.secto and plugin.autotrade.galaxy) to add one or two small functions (essentially the adjustment of the military rank of the ship according to its merchant's level)
but as said previously it's completly optional...

But, anyway, as the other ships, the traders will benefit from the bonuses of speed and manoeuvrability, and in addition to that, you will be able to engage on these ships merchant, as for any other, the command 'AI Extension' that will permit to it to use some advanced functions (SAM abilities, ECM, damage management, advanced shielding management etc..)

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 01:34

Is it just my impression or does this increase combat difficulty all over? I had no problems fighting 3-5 M3 in my M4 using corkscrewing excessively, but after the skript install, I seem to get hit rather more.

If it's not just my imagination, but really the case ... great :D

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 05:47

That's pretty impressive.

I am not sure I understand part 14 of the manual - Patch Folder. Is this required, or just recommended? Are there any downsides to replacing these scripts with the patched versions?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 10:20

even though PiloteAI can operate without, it's highly recommended to install these scripts, (it's why it's called 'patch' and not 'bonus').
And no, there is no downside...

the only thing to take in account is if you have already installed a script wich modify the trader mk3, as puruco do.

Installation of these scripts adds :
- the ability to your Trader MK3 to eject if their ships are destroyed
- the military level will be automatically adjusted on the merchant level for trader MK3 and Naffarin's station trader
- appropriate tags (prefix and suffix) will be added to the name to clearly identify these ships (both Trader MK3, Station Trader and vanillia Patrol)

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 12:01

Well, nice project so far... unfortunately, it seems as if it's incompatible with the patrol script adaption for X3 (another script to improve the patrol AI, don't find the link) and some of my scripts:

GAIUS, Fight Command Software MK3 and FLAME

I'm not quite sure of the FCS MK3 itself, but as you change the signals, it's incompatible with GAIUS, which is needed for MK3... which will be needed for the Flame Management FLAME itself.

well, have fun...

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 12:52

I will give this a go later. It sure looks neat, too bad its not compatible with FCS MK3 though.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 13:33

As GAIUS does roughly the same and is required for the FCS MK3, i could add some of those features to it, if the author allows me to do so.

@ Azz: Will you? :D

btw: Some of the features are also included in the bonus package, so there's no need of them anymore. The Group Management and the patrol extensions are just a few of these.

The Fight Rank improvement, which could become part of the BP, could be extended with your features, so it's compatible with every other script.

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 14:39

PiloteAI uses only Signal Killed and don't modify the way the combat are handled. Basicaly it's always the vanilla combat's scripts which work..
btw I don't find where you use the signal Killed in GAIUS ?
As GAIUS does roughly the same and is required for the FCS MK3, i could add some of those features to it, if the author allows me to do so.
What do you mean, what features ?

btw: Some of the features are also included in the bonus package, so there's no need of them anymore. The Group Management and the patrol extensions are just a few of these.
Yes, a group management now exists in the BP, but the group management of PIloteAI is integrated completely on the whole of the script, it takes in account the ranks of AI for example, allows vessels to retire temporarily to be repaired... etc

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 15:10

The Signal.killed in GAIUS isn't available for the users yet, as the released version is just an alpha version.
Signal.killed just includes a beep-tone, if a player-owned (movable) ship has been destroyed, that's all for now.
I noticed, that the features i planned for killed ships don't work because of the behaviour of killed ships.

Now, i think, that it'd be compatible so far... i don't know, somebody would have to have some tests as I'm busy with GAIUS and FLAME...

The features I mentioned are the bounty-related scripts. It's no problem to get the killer by changing the killed-script (well, it's a bit loose, but it would do its job). The check whether the player has got a pilot licence for the sector is nothing more than a simple check using a few script lines.

It would be possible to write combined killed-scripts so our scripts are compatible. I'll do that if you agree with me ^^
It would be part of the GAIUS script package (as well as FCS MK3 and FLAME, because the necessary scripts are already included)

Cya
- EL

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 22:12

Hmm ... I have problems trying to collect pilots.
First time I found a pilot, I tried to collect him and got the message I would need a transporter. Oh oh ... I play the anonymous argon start, my Goner rank isn't high enough to buy one. *cough* rank cheat *cough*

Second time I found a pilot, it even was a Rear Admiral, oh joy :) Then I get the message I need a cargo life support. Ooooooook.

Third time I found one ... I get the message I can't carry more passengers ... huh? I have 100 cargo space left, size M ... what else is needed?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”