[SCRIPT] x0ne Turret Control System (TCS) 1.02 [UPDATED 31/12/2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

G.Org
x4

Post by G.Org » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 05:55

thx a lot. renaming files helped :D
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Sat, 13. Oct 07, 07:24

when will the 2.0 update be rdy?

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sat, 13. Oct 07, 12:21

Kurt Shur'Tugal wrote:when will the 2.0 update be rdy?
It's mostly done, unfortunately RL isn't giving me much time to finish it right now. It's a big update - almost like writing everything from the ground up again, so there's also a lot of testing and documentation to get through too.

Ask me again in a month ;)

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 04:09

Hi, xOne, I was transferring ecells from an M1 to my M2 and the M1 went out of transporter range. When I got back in range the transporter screen popped back up and I started transferring again. However the highlighted line had moved to the top of the freight list and now TCS was highlighted and I was transferring it instead of ecells. When I realized this I saw I now had 1499 TCS on the M1 and 1 TCS on my M2. Not sure if this is TCS mod or a glitch in the transporter.
I'm going to try to reload and recreate it.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 12:03

surferx wrote:Hi, xOne, I was transferring ecells from an M1 to my M2 and the M1 went out of transporter range. When I got back in range the transporter screen popped back up and I started transferring again. However the highlighted line had moved to the top of the freight list and now TCS was highlighted and I was transferring it instead of ecells. When I realized this I saw I now had 1499 TCS on the M1 and 1 TCS on my M2. Not sure if this is TCS mod or a glitch in the transporter.
Most definitely the transporter (or perhaps the game engine/SE bug?), there's no way my scripts could have interferred with another script like that.

1499 TCS Interfaces huh? Dude, sell them! :D

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 14:18

:o It's almost a month..is v2/0 ready yet? :P

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 02:52

The_Tigers_Eye wrote::o It's almost a month..is v2/0 ready yet? :P
Heh, nah sorry - there's still work to do but I'm pushing hard for Christmas. I've got way more free time now than the past 3/4 months and have done nothing but scripting today - first time in ages!

That reminds me, really must do some washing and tidy the house tomorrow... :roll:

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 06:59

x0ne wrote:
surferx wrote:Hi, xOne, I was transferring ecells from an M1 to my M2 and the M1 went out of transporter range. When I got back in range the transporter screen popped back up and I started transferring again. However the highlighted line had moved to the top of the freight list and now TCS was highlighted and I was transferring it instead of ecells. When I realized this I saw I now had 1499 TCS on the M1 and 1 TCS on my M2. Not sure if this is TCS mod or a glitch in the transporter.
Most definitely the transporter (or perhaps the game engine/SE bug?), there's no way my scripts could have interferred with another script like that.

1499 TCS Interfaces huh? Dude, sell them! :D
Hey xOne, that would be a load of creditsssss, but no way. :nö: Remember I didn't like scripting in credits to buy TCS? Selling those would be sort of related. Anyhow, I didn't think about saving my game and went into a Xenon Core sector and got whacked. :skull: Good bye to the 1499 but I still have my single on my M2 so that's all I need right? :)
I haven't been able to duplicate this bug, so oh well. Prob never happen again.
Have a good one dude. :D
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

ZX9000
x3

Post by ZX9000 » Mon, 19. Nov 07, 21:45

I have the same/similar problem as others reported with capped ships. more precisely, an OTAS Boreas I capped with the HCF. I'm using XTM, obviously. It had some PPC's onbaord and I complimented it to full (12 A's and 12 B's, enough to fill every slot with best PPC), but it refuses to use them even when it's just me and a K gliding slowly towards eachother. And from what I gathered over the last pages, that is due to some weird bug regarding weapons onboard at capture and that no amount of tinkering and moving stuff about will remedy it, short of destroying the ship and cheating in a new one. Which is a bummer for us that frown upon that sort of thing, even for the best of intentions :)

However, it doesn't seem to have any issue using Flaks, even though I'm as certain as you can be from memory that there were some of those onboard when I captured it as well, both A's and B's (I even killed the aforementioned K with flaks). I do observe that it seems to shift the flaks about quite a bit even when it's the only weapon it uses anyway, me having just flaks and PPC's onboard, but I figure that's just how the script behaves, and it does seem to bring the shootin' to where it's needed regardless.

So a great script, and while I won't nag you for the update, I do wonder if there is a chance the capping-issue can be resolved, if and when? I run a personal rule of not buying ships if I can steal them, so this bug is one that will haunt me for sure :wink:

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Mon, 19. Nov 07, 22:20

ZX9000 wrote:So a great script, and while I won't nag you for the update, I do wonder if there is a chance the capping-issue can be resolved, if and when? I run a personal rule of not buying ships if I can steal them, so this bug is one that will haunt me for sure :wink:
Thanks ZX9000 and sorry about the cargo issue, but like you said it's the game causing certain SE commands to act up - I just wish I'd known about it sooner.

It is avoidable though and good news, I've already fixed it for the next version. Took a while to sort, but it was code I was going to write for another feature anyway.

...as for when... when it's ready? :)

ZX9000
x3

Post by ZX9000 » Mon, 19. Nov 07, 23:25

When it's ready is all that can be expected, it is afterall your spare time and we're lucky you have the skills and time to work on this script.

Great that it is avoidable, and that you have plans for it. Keep up the good work :thumb_up:

Zsolo007
x3ap

Post by Zsolo007 » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 16:32

HI!

I have a big problem with your script (which is a very good one by the way). Every time i load a game it uninstalls then installs itself again, and because of this it just disappears from my ships. To put it simply: i buy your script at an EQD save, exit, reload and the script is no longer present on my ship.

Is there a way this can be solved, have you met with this "bug" before?

I have 2.0.02 + XTM 0.7.3 + and a couple of other scripts.

Thank you!

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 16:49

Zsolo007 wrote:HI!

I have a big problem with your script (which is a very good one by the way). Every time i load a game it uninstalls then installs itself again, and because of this it just disappears from my ships. To put it simply: i buy your script at an EQD save, exit, reload and the script is no longer present on my ship.

Is there a way this can be solved, have you met with this "bug" before?

I have 2.0.02 + XTM 0.7.3 + and a couple of other scripts.

Thank you!
Sounds like the uninstall files are in your scripts folder at the same time as the rest of the plugin. Search your scripts folder for any of the following files and delete them:

setup.x0ne.TCS.uninstall.xml
x0ne.lib.null.uninstall.xml
x0ne.lib.ware.purge.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.erase.xml

Good luck, and thanks!

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Sun, 30. Dec 07, 11:11

didn't know if this was suggested for version 2 or not...but could you add a command that can be run on the player ship that will turn this off/on for all other ships that dont have a leave me on flag set, that way i could install this on darn near every ship and if i call in backup i can turn it off for everyone but me and my designated "turret" leaders

if turning this off is as simple as removing the ware i suppose i could right the script myself - but i wanted to make sure the idea was out there

also would be nice to have a toggle for main weapon switching - so this plugin could also handle what the appolyon arms laser switcher does *grin*, if not ill have to get that script too - that one specifically doesnt work on turrets or with

Code: Select all

Gamma and Beta PPC
- All PSG types
- Ion Disruptors
- Custom (new) weapons 
edit:
a prioritize my target option (hotkey *grin*) would be good too, i just noticed a "certain" other script with a similar abreviation had that option *grin*

edit2: id also like to confirm that fcs mk3 and giaus dont interfer with this script - if some one knows id be happy to hear from them, i dont think it interfers but i haven't read all the script code on them or this

edit3: np, i know how RL can get ya...its been almost a year since i released IFTSOS and i still haven't gotten around to releasing any updates for it - mainly cause it works as is and any updates would be mostly cosmetic
Last edited by MJALowe on Thu, 3. Jan 08, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 21:49

Sorry mate but RL has me totally pwned atm - promise to get you a proper reply when I can...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”