[SCRIPT] x0ne Turret Control System (TCS) 1.02 [UPDATED 31/12/2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NeonSamurai
x3

Post by NeonSamurai » Sat, 24. May 08, 16:34

Yes I've started using this script again and I must say I am very impressed by the results. I do have a few comments/suggestions though.

First off I wish there was a toggle (key, command, or script edit) which would force the turrets to engage missiles even if they won't do 1% damage. I run this script on m6 ships and even though the missile will hardly dent the shields it will send the ship spinning and flames everywhere which gets annoying.

Second thing is I've noticed a bit of oddness with the script favoring certain weapons over others. For example when I've had BPBEs and BFLAKs loaded on my M2, I've noticed that the script tends to favor the BPBEs and will use them over the BFLAKs against fighters even though the BFLAKs are far more effective at obliterating fighters.

Now I will say that my game is heavily modded (my own mod) and the weapons stats are fairly different (FLAKs got a major boost in range and are very lethal against fighter swarms). I also did customize the script to match the changes to the weapons, even still though the script still favors PBE over FLAK.

Anyhow my other suggestion is that the script somehow take damage into consideration. Though if this would weigh the script down a lot then I wouldn't bother. Another idea would be if the script has hard coded favorites that those favorites be easily editable. My solution to the issue was to not carry PBEs and I flaged my FLAKs in the script as anti missile (they do that extremely well too even though they are slow firing).

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 07:37

Hello, a question: How does this excellent script behave with B-EMPs (XTM mod)? Should it have support for them? (and other XTM weapons i suppose, but its the B-EMPs im concerned about atm :p)

I ask because it didnt seem to be using them correctly when I took my shiny new Odin out for a spin. I had four BEMPs in the cargo, and it was equipping just one on each turret, and nothing else in those turrets. So I had a situation where the foward turret had a single BEMP equipped, and was firing happily away all by itself. Meanwhile there were three other turrets with a single BEMP each doing nothing, when those guns could have been swapped to the foward turret. So um... help? :p

Other than that minor point its a brilliant script, love it :D Fast becoming one of my favorites.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 17:46

Most likely this script (like most turret scripts) equips the longest range laser to have this turret scan for enemies.

You simply have too few lasers in the cargo bay. Go buy more. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 22:35

Ohh maybe thats it. Problem is Ive got the only 4 BEMPs in the entire universe! Well excluding those already mounted on a couple terran capships.

And, the BEMP forge firstly takes 18 hours to produce one (oh god...) and requires so many resources I havnt yet managed to make one start doing so :(

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 15:14

Hm, is there any alternative download link as the original one doesn't seem to be working at the moment!
It denos't mtater waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it's olny iprmoatnt taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 16:08

Sorry, no downloads for a few days while I migrate accounts with my ISP. Shouldn't take long though, might even be back later today.

FYI notification of this outage is on the first page of this topic... :D

EDIT: Should have the link up again within 12hrs time.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sat, 9. Aug 08, 02:20

Link is up again, goodnight.

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Thu, 9. Oct 08, 11:08

Link seems to be down again

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Thu, 9. Oct 08, 17:55

The server hosting my site has suffered multiple hardware failures, not much we can do about it but wait I'm afraid.

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Thu, 9. Oct 08, 20:17

could you upload it on Rapidshare or anything similar as long as your site is down?
(Actually i couldn't even use it till Saturday, since my Desktop PC is down, but an alternate link is always fine)

JFJohnny5
x4

Post by JFJohnny5 » Fri, 10. Oct 08, 23:08

Any plans to possibly update this for TC (if some of its brilliance isnt already included) after that's out? :wink:

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 11:12

Hello I just started playing X3: TC and found out that for some unknown reason Egosoft has not included any turret wepons changing script again. Do you plan to update your script for the TC as well? It is the best one I have ever used in the Reunion.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 07:59

Hello all,

Weird problem:
I've been using this script for a while now, and everything worked just fine.
However, I just finished building two new Split Pythons and suddenly, I can no longer find x0ne TCS Interface MK2 in each of the Equipment docks I visited. (Both Argon and Split.)

No matter where I look, x0ne TCS Interface MK2 appears as 0/2.

Any idea what I can do to get it back?

- Gilboa

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 09:56

cheat it in and subtract the money from your account? Other wise if your a bit of a scripter you can probably write a small script to add stock to the station, I don't know if you can do that with cheat scripts too.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 10:03

I had the same problem in my second game. When I first installed the script, I found about 4 in stock which is enough for my need. But when I started a new game, all EDs were empty :-(
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 10:45

(----____JEFF____----) wrote:cheat it in and subtract the money from your account? Other wise if your a bit of a scripter you can probably write a small script to add stock to the station, I don't know if you can do that with cheat scripts too.
Which cheat script?

As for subtracting the money, well, I've got ~2BCR in the bank and two shipyards... 9M is child's play.

OT question: Is it possible to build these items? (x0ne, advanced jump drive, etc?)

- Gilboa

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 13:40

any cheat script that allows you to script in wares. LV's cheats will do the trick, but there are probably more that can do it. If you don't mind cheating then leave out the money subtraction part, it'll take even less effort that way ;) I just thought I mention it, cause some people around here don't like the idea of scripting in stuff for free.

As for building, I don't know. Maybe if you add them to a factory, that's the only way I could see it happen. That's something your going to have to do on your own, cause I don't think xOne is going to write that for you.

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 16:57

OK. Thanks.

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 15:54

Ouch. New problem....
Big one.

I'm doing the Valhalla mission (XTM 0.7.5, currently I'm in Omicron Lyrae) and I'm getting hammered by a single K.
The reason being, all my ships are equipped with TCS and they all target the 3 x Xenon Q's (M7, but the game mistakeably marks them as M1's) instead of targeting the K with its array of GPPC... which in turn, reaps my M2's into shreds. (Even though the M2's are ordered to attach the K).
Any idea how I can manually prioritize the TCS to hit the K instead of the relatively harmless Q's?

Thanks,
- Gilboa

Liath
x4

xOne still here?

Post by Liath » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 13:34

Hey, is this still being actively developed? Been a long time since I saw an update.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”