[SCR/MOD] Complex Cleaner v3.20 / Modular Complexes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

TinkerBell
x3tc

Post by TinkerBell » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 23:48

I've been using this script for a few weeks, and it rocks.

I don't use the clear command though. I place my factories above where I want the hub (z=100km), make a complex out of them and place the hub directly above where I eventually want it to be but below the factories (~z=90km). Then I use the hub command to move the hub directly down to z=0.

If I want to expand the complex, I use the hub command to move the hub to ~z=90km, add the new factories and move the hub back to where I want it.

The result is a hub next to a gate - just where I want it, and all the factories way out of site 100km away.

It all works fantastically well. Thanks Gazz, it's a brilliant script.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 02:15

I'm wondering here...

Is it possible to write a script that analyses the ins and outs of a complex, tabulates all the resources and products, then converts the ENTIRE complex into a SINGLE station, eg a trading station model or one of player's choice (eg if the complex makes weapons, choose an L weapon fab model), that now replicates the entire function of the previous complex?

That would also serve to clean up sectors whilst retaining ur complex.

Conversely, a super-fab could be sold at shipyards that can be told to sell and make anything it wants. Setup the products then flip a switch to start the fab. Every time u add a product, u're charged for installing equipment to equate the cost of the individual fabs u'd connect into a complex (plus an overhead due to convenience!), and the cost of the super-fab will be rather high, again due to convenience.

Since a complex is usually a self-sustaining complex, the super-fab need only add products with their cycle-times.

As an analogy, I use my own Crystal-Free SPP. Instead of building messy support fabs to support 1 SPP-XL, I charge myself 30mil creds to make my deployed SPP-XL crystal-less, making the SPP-XL 45mil creds or thereabouts. Seems like a fair tradeoff to unclutter the sector since a support complex for an SPP-XL does not cost 30mil (it's ~23mil).

PS the original crystal-free SPP is from Serial Kick; I modified that from 5mil flat to charge 10/20/30 for M/L/XL SPPs, and comes with a nice message upon activation :D

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 12:11

arcana75 wrote:Is it possible to write a script that analyses the ins and outs of a complex, tabulates all the resources and products, then converts the ENTIRE complex into a SINGLE station, eg a trading station model or one of player's choice (eg if the complex makes weapons, choose an L weapon fab model), that now replicates the entire function of the previous complex?
Impossible to do in any transparent way with a proper interface and all.
You CAN hack it all in the background and have resources vanish and products appear out of nowhere but that's messy to no end.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 12:59

Where is the Scale of factory stored? Does one have to mod a different one, like Ashley's XXL's, or could one create one on the fly? If one could, script could count for example Crystal Fab M, find 16, and replace them all with one Crystal Fab 32 (or should it be XXXM?). Probably impossible.

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 18:06

Far as I know the production modifier is in TFactories.txt but that alone would not help you.
Factories are very fickle things when it comes to modifications.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 00:26

The download link seems to be broken. :(
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 20:08

hey gazz this script sounds wicked, is it compatible with XTM 7.2?
also i find it odd that this script hasnt been widely mentioned before :?

bowl_of_rice
x2

Post by bowl_of_rice » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 21:09

does this script really make your framerates better? It seems to have made it worse for me oddly... I used the clear command and added new stations to get rid of the tubes, but its still going 3 fps... am i doing something wrong or what?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 18. Sep 07, 21:47

This looks great. Yeah, I have the same question as bowl_of_rice. If the objects are still in sector, they still need resources. Out of sight out of mind? Or is it? Have you tested this?

Lancefighter
xr

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 12. Dec 07, 23:24

I have a question - does the ship actually manually move around the complex, or is the tractor beam requirement there for fun and roleplaying?
in the market for a new sig, willing to pay 1 billion credits for a proper sig...

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 17:02

No installed equipment whatsoever is required for any script to do something.
Scripters have to deliberately choose to limit script functions based on installed wares.
ALL "required" wares or items are only there for atmosphere and to add a cost to the operation of the script - since you have to buy the equipment item somewhere.

There actually is a reason, though. I prefer my ship command menu to not be cluttered with all kinds of rarely used scripts so this script button only shows up when you have a tractor beam on the ship.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 17:10

Is it me or are the pictures in the first post ordered wrong? Under the heading 'before' there is a very nice neat complex. Under 'and after' there are two pictures of long twisted complex tubes.

Gazz
x3tc

Post by Gazz » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 17:15

bowl_of_rice wrote:does this script really make your framerates better? It seems to have made it worse for me oddly...
It CAN improve frame rates if the slowdown is actually due to your gfx board.

If your low frames are due to your CPU struggling with operation and collision detection for a gazillion factories then the script is useless to you, except for moving the docking bay around.

Check out Ashleys XXL factory mod.

The reason why THIS script here does so "little" is that is highly compatible with everything and does not mess with the inner workings of your factories at all.
I think there is a script to allow "ghost factories" to run on another actor while the normal factory object is deleted from the game.

This is an immense help with CPU slowdown issues but is a "dirtier" solution because the normal factory interface, production cycle display, etc, can not work any more.

Xenon_Slayer wrote:Is it me or are the pictures in the first post ordered wrong? Under the heading 'before' there is a very nice neat complex. Under 'and after' there are two pictures of long twisted complex tubes.
One long twisted tube.
No factories (visible) any more.
That is the point of the script. =)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 17:40

Oh :-) Wrong end of the stick then. Sounds like a really good idea. Even my complex with 10 stations seems to kill my computer.

Rorymcl

Post by Rorymcl » Mon, 4. Feb 08, 03:12

OK

So i've used this script to get my giant factory out of the way....

I can't change the direction of my hub....

As far as I can tell there should be command where you write north, west, east up down etc...

It goes like this

i run the script...

select my complex

write 'hub'

then it asks me to choose a position on the map (my only options being to move the hub. NOT change its direction)

there is no 'string' option to enter north or south or whatever...

apart from this the script has worked great.... pls help

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”