[SCR/MOD] Complex Cleaner v3.20 / Modular Complexes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 10. May 08, 20:05

V2.5 (Current Version)

* Fixed Teladi SPP XXL to correct resources.
* Further Improved performance of AL Scripts.
* Added 'ash.force.reset.XXL' which can be used to force the reinstall of Ash Fabs, and SY's.
* Improved resource librarys for all races.
* Improved delay in resource correction for fabs.
* Lowered CPU usage.
* Updated scene file for Armegeddons Extended Complex Hub.

*** Now only availabe with Armegeddons Extended Complex Hubs, and Node Bazzar.
*** Compatible versions will be released shortly (within a few weeks) for all major mods.
I tried her mod with out Xtend 7.3 and the Argon Prime Shipyard was no where to be found but its target box was there. No docking or model. I checked the forum a little more to find that the 2.5 had to be installed after Xtend 7.3. She had also 3 or 4 more compatible mod overlais in progress.

There is a problem though. The larger ships have to be undocked by giving it an order or the shipyard docking clamp traps the noise of the ship. Blowing it up. I have only been to Boron Paranid and argon though and the boron shipyard doesn't do that. I don't know about the others but It doesn't bother me because don't undock just to undock. Also I don't believe it has any thing it do with Ashley's mod being installed period.

I have looked and looked for things to have flexable complex production. look at the basic power cuircle complex. Even with Ashley's mod it a well you know better than I. 2 spp m,1 sil mine L,3 Crystle fab m,3 Cahoona m,3 Cattle m is a mess. Your Crunch and Ashley's prefabbed sizes with complex calc. closes this mess and with graphics and connections. Is there any way to get you to look in to my compatilaty isseu because I have not seen any one doing what you've done.Thanks Again.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 22:24

There is a problem though. The larger ships have to be undocked by giving it an order or the shipyard docking clamp traps the noise of the ship. Blowing it up.
See? That's the incompatible part I was referring to.

It's not my compatibility issue. Ashley and XTM are incompatible because they overwrite the same entries in the same file. There is no fix for that without serious effort by the respective modders.

My mod is (intentionally =) very flexible with it's files so it would be a simple cut/copy operation to "release" an Ashley + XTM version. Provided there was any kind of compatibility between Ashley and XTM. Which isn't.
Until they fight it out you make a choice. One or the other.

I would suggest going all XTM in your case. If you intent to use the cruncher the only advantage of Ashley's is... fewer factories to buy... and the extended complex hub.
*** Compatible versions will be released shortly (within a few weeks) for all major mods.
That's exactly what I mean.
Chill down, drop off, have a nice cup of tea.
Oooooommmmmmm...
Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 10. May 08, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Balto

Post by Balto » Sat, 10. May 08, 22:34

An XTM compatible version of Ashley's Fabs has been available for quite some time now.
See here

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 22:48

Yes. 6 months ago (the age of this file...) there was such a version. Now? I don't know. Maybe I'll find out this weekend, maybe not.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 10. May 08, 23:19

Your wright I do want to use the cruncher. So it's no big to start from scratch(only been playing for three weeks and I've started over twice a week. I only built one power cuircle with one of each of the req. 5 station. It was a leasn of better balance complex poduction because I had two dolfin super frieghters to sell but the ai traders eat the complex production alive. Now I'll find a way to get Ashley's hub inthere I'll be good to go. Thanks for the cruncher.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 11. May 08, 06:12

I created yet another mod version out of those files.

If anything breaks then it's the 2 other mods fighting it out. CC doesn't use any objects in their index range. =)

CC may still detect a possible conflict but if it works... great.

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Tue, 13. May 08, 00:22

3 Cattle Ranch Ms to 1/5
1- FACT Argnu Beef (1)
2- FACT Argnu Beef (5)
1- used Argon Crystal Fab Model. This was production of a single Cattle Ranch M.
2- used a Terra Corp Missile Factory Model. Primaries for a missile factory with an unknown object(ware) in production.

Well at least gameing has gone this far. I am going to look at it in XTM 7.3 tomorrow.

Balto

Post by Balto » Tue, 13. May 08, 06:06

Gave the latest version a quick spin with Ashleys + XTM 0.7.3 and it seems to be working well so far.
The cruncher is a brilliant piece of work, can't imagine how I've gotten by without it for so long. 8)

-Peace

Scruffy
x3

Post by Scruffy » Tue, 13. May 08, 13:55

Tried out the cruncher function of this Mod this morning and ran into a problem. As a test i cloned my existing unconnected SPP fads and used crunch to connect them all. This was in a Sector previously owned by the Xenon and ownership was transfered to me by the SectorTakeower Script.
What happened was not only did it crunch the SSP fabs but also removed all the other complexes and my Free Trading Station. I was left with a single station producing Energy Cells, all Ships previously docked at the Complexes and a whole lot of Xenon Ships as the Sector ownership Reverted back to the Xenon :?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 13. May 08, 19:50

I don't understand this.
The script grabs the station array from this sector then removes
- anything that's not a factory
- anything that's tied into a complex
- anything without EC
- any Ore/Silicon/Nividium producing stations.

Nothing else (like trading stations) should be affected in any way.

In setup.plugin.gz.CmpClean (first or second line, thereabouts)
you could turn on the debug log. Then the script writes a logfile that might show what the problem is.

Scruffy
x3

Post by Scruffy » Wed, 14. May 08, 08:39

Thanx for the reply. So it could just be a conflict some where in my game. No big deal and i will probable figure it out when i have the time. For now i will just stick with the "Clear" function which from a little testing i did seems to work ok. One other thing i did notice was that after using the clear function, a 0 was appended to the beginning of my playership name IE: 0 Playership. I then spawned a couple more stations and added then to the existing hub, used the clear function again which worked ok and found my playership had become 0 0 playership. Didn't have time to do any further testing and when i do will turn on debug.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. May 08, 02:00

Scruffy wrote:One other thing i did notice was that after using the clear function, a 0 was appended to the beginning of my playership name IE: 0 Playership.
Oh, weird.
That looks like some bit of debugging code I left in there. Can't even remember doing that but I'll take a look.

There should be a new version soon because I'll be adding other stuff...

BTW: Maybe I was wrong on the "Factory" class. I'll have to check it's scope again and/or be more precise.

Here's whats coming up next:
those factory modules get a new home.
This is one modular factory (one station), worth maybe 250-400 regular stations.
Add more stations and it keeps growing.
[ external image ] (Model by KilleRTidE)
That brown speck is an Elephant...
Last edited by Gazz on Thu, 15. May 08, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 15. May 08, 02:21

Yes!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. May 08, 02:26

See? That is why I was so firmly against the "cube" idea.
I think this looks a lot better than some half-assembled Rubik's cube...

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 15. May 08, 02:28

Hey, I agree with you! Cubes are probably the ugliest shape in the known etc. Your shapes look far sexier.

I was just lookin' for frame rate reduction, which, as you mentioned, triangles would have performed better of. How many furfaces in that model?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. May 08, 02:37

Litcube wrote:I was just lookin' for frame rate reduction, which, as you mentioned, triangles would have performed better of. How many furfaces in that model?
Oh,I didn't count but... intentionally few. =)

One average X3 station is about a 15-40 MB model.
One of these modules is 80k of data... so even with 8+ containers it's worth less than 1/10 of a real station.

The complex hub might hurt your FPS more. =P

KilleRTidE

Post by KilleRTidE » Thu, 15. May 08, 15:19

Hello guys, Gazz :)

The model is a bit over the 1000. It was done that way so that the game could render it properly. Due to it's size, when you get close to it, you can actualy see through it. Not like this, at least not that much, it's double faced :)

You'll need to join at least 20 cubes to mach one station, so i would say major performance gain.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. May 08, 19:20

Version 2.15 released.

More precise check to prevent CC from crunching a trade station or any other station that's not a real factory.

Stations do no longer show seemingly random names when tied into a complex.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 16. May 08, 01:13

Just a quick report to ya before bed.

I got Azz piloteIA and thus get messages when my ship is killed and by what.

Now I sent my Elephant to a khaak sector for some testing and later when my emergency beacons were destroyed (P.AI thingy) it said it were destroyed by "factory module" something. Something that pertains to your mod? I just thought so since you are about to add modules and such and I haven't seen that message before - I just updated to your 2.15 release.

Cheers!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 16. May 08, 14:47

Hmmm. I absolutely can't see how that would happen.
The factory modules have no model whatsoever so it's impossibel for anything to crash into one.
And factories don't attack anything.

It's true that the setup script can temporarily create factory modules to verify the installed Mod but those are not created in a Khaak sector but in the null sector. A special off-the-map sectors where scripters hide stuff. =)
But again, it's impossible that these modules would destroy a ship or beacon.

Ohhh! There might be a conflict with some other item name so the message refers to an entirely different object.
In my offline version I already increased the index range of the name tags to avoid possible conflicts because I have found one clash.
Could be that the script renamed some hostile thing to Factory Module. =)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”