[SCR/MOD] Complex Cleaner v3.20 / Modular Complexes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 4. Feb 08, 09:34

Hi Rorymcl,

Entering 'hub' enables you to move the hub.

Entering 'north', 'south', 'east', 'west', 'up' or 'down' rotates the hub... according to the Readme and the first post...

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Thu, 6. Mar 08, 05:22

crumbs. I moved my hub and I am not able to get my factories to reconnect to it. Can someone give me a step by step walkthrough on how to connect my factories back to the hub after I moved the far away with the clear command? Thanks!

oh wierd....I just checked my hub. It is still producing but the tubes aren't connected to the hub anymore. The tubes are in the old position. Is this normal??

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 6. Mar 08, 12:34

When you connect a factory it stays connected until something gets destroyed. Tube, hub, factory - whatever.

The tubes by themselves have nothing to do with the working of a complex. They are completely meaningless graphical fluff - except for their destructibility.
That's one of the uses for the script. You can move the hub away from all the spaghetti so docking ships have free space in all directions.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Fri, 7. Mar 08, 04:05

just read your response to your hud mod. So on this mod the tubes will stay in their former location in space? Now if they get destroyed I reconnect them with one of your commands in the mod? Thanks!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 5. May 08, 01:05

Version 2.00 released - and the script has now grown into a mod.

The new feature is something I had planned for a long time.
There are many threads on how complexes should be "modular" instead of a gazillion single stations. There are several scripts or attempts to "hack" it but they all fall short on the interface part.
You simply can not script an interface, production bars, and all the fun stuff.

Well, until now.
My megafactories have proper cargo space, production bars, real products, real resources. They work.

And they are huge. Ashley's Mod introduced XXL fabs with a factor of 20 and that already helped a lot but mine go up to a factor of 200 - and do not require you to buy any specialized stations.
Going with the existing system that's XXXXXL.

The script alone does it. This even works with every existing complex...
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Mon, 5. May 08, 12:44

Are there any instructions as to upgrading this mod with your prior version of complex cleaner? I would hate to lose my hub and all the money I put into it! Thanks for the upgrade and info! :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 5. May 08, 19:15

angrysquirrel wrote:Are there any instructions as to upgrading this mod with your prior version of complex cleaner? I would hate to lose my hub and all the money I put into it! Thanks for the upgrade and info! :)
I don't understand.
This completely replaces the old ComplexCleaner but it also requires the 2 mod files to be present before the new features can work.

You never "lose" a complex.
If you self destruct a hub, all factories are still there, including their wares.
Only the connections are destroyed.

Also, if one complex factory or any connection is destroyed, the hub is destroyed and everything falls apart into single factories.
That's the reason why my script does not touch connected factories when upgrading to megafactories.
This would disband the whole complex and it's your decision to do that or not.

So if you wish to upgrade your factories:
destroy the hub, run the crunch command of CC and reconnect the now reduced number of factories.
This should be quick...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 8. May 08, 21:28

I calculated a few complexes that people had actually built and CCv2 would reduce a 410 factory complex to 19 factories, a 275 to 35 factories.

Mines are not touched at all because they... have issues.
The Asteroid Condenser can reduce their numbers a lot, though....

v2.11 released.
- definitely compatible with XTM 0.7.2

- script got smarter and can now detect which kind of CCleaner Mod you installed and if that matches any installed XTM/Ashley's mod.
So... there is a very good chance that it will detect a messed up installation before anything nasty happens.

RichG
x2

Post by RichG » Fri, 9. May 08, 17:36

Hi Gazz, loving your previous versions and really looking forward to this one, can I confirm that this latest one works with XTM 7.3?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 9. May 08, 17:53

RichG wrote:Hi Gazz, loving your previous versions and really looking forward to this one
When it comes to FPS boost, the old vs new CC is swords vs submachine guns.

I didn't even know there was an XTM 7.3
The XTM tech support thread claims 7.2 to be the current version so I took that TFactories file as a base to add my factories.

If you would do me a favor...
Use the old "clear" command and then "fps".
Then "crunch" and "fps".

I'm always curious as to how much the real FPS difference is for different complexes.

PS: There were no changes to TFactories.txt in XTM 0.7.3 so this version change is irrelevant to CC.
Last edited by Gazz on Fri, 9. May 08, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

RichG
x2

Post by RichG » Fri, 9. May 08, 18:03

Oh ok, I might try it and see what happens the xuniverse forum for XTM is called "Xtended Mod 0.7.3 PATCH OUT NOW! " :lol:

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 10. May 08, 18:06

I have a problem Gazz

I have installed the SPK+ZIP contents a few different ways but to be deneid your handy work. I have X3's latest Xtended Mod+Xtended SPK With Ashley's Factorys v2.5 Mod+Ashkey's SPK. Xtended was installed first(Ashley's Mod crashes new game)but thats in the forum I just like asking for help with all the information that is invalved.

The message I get when starting my game:

Complex Cleaner 213
I did not find my special objects
Complex Cleaner is not installed correctly
dissaibling script

I really want to use the (crunch) funtion instead of things hanging out with nothing connected. I know the ai isn't all that smart but I work 7 days at a hotel. I don't see a lot of.......in re-ality. I really hold your (crunch) idea in very high regard compared to the rest that have been added to the game. Please get me fix up. Thanks

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 18:15

Hmm. Ashley's and XTM are incompatible because they mod TFactories in different ways.
You can only have one TFactories or the other.
XTM does some fancy footwork with the shipyards and Ashley's has normal SY but a gazillion different factories.
I really don't understand how that works for you to begin with.

The CC message only means that it's mod is not present.
Gazz wrote:The 2 "right" CAT/DAT files must be placed in your X3 folder and renamed so that their numbers seamlessly follow the existing CAT/DAT files in there and end up as the highest number.
Unless someone spends a lot of time creating a hybrid TFactories and editing all the hardcoded factories in Ashley's mod, my guess is that Ashley's + XTM will stay incompatible.

There is no easy way because they use the same entries for different things.

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 10. May 08, 18:45

Well I've done Both 31+32 Cat/Dat and all the Zip files re-installed with each. I will try both at the some time. Switching there order for two more tries.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 19:28

You can only have one or the other.
They both replace one and the same file - with different versions.

While CC will work with that I doubt that all features of the other mods will...

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 10. May 08, 20:05

V2.5 (Current Version)

* Fixed Teladi SPP XXL to correct resources.
* Further Improved performance of AL Scripts.
* Added 'ash.force.reset.XXL' which can be used to force the reinstall of Ash Fabs, and SY's.
* Improved resource librarys for all races.
* Improved delay in resource correction for fabs.
* Lowered CPU usage.
* Updated scene file for Armegeddons Extended Complex Hub.

*** Now only availabe with Armegeddons Extended Complex Hubs, and Node Bazzar.
*** Compatible versions will be released shortly (within a few weeks) for all major mods.
I tried her mod with out Xtend 7.3 and the Argon Prime Shipyard was no where to be found but its target box was there. No docking or model. I checked the forum a little more to find that the 2.5 had to be installed after Xtend 7.3. She had also 3 or 4 more compatible mod overlais in progress.

There is a problem though. The larger ships have to be undocked by giving it an order or the shipyard docking clamp traps the noise of the ship. Blowing it up. I have only been to Boron Paranid and argon though and the boron shipyard doesn't do that. I don't know about the others but It doesn't bother me because don't undock just to undock. Also I don't believe it has any thing it do with Ashley's mod being installed period.

I have looked and looked for things to have flexable complex production. look at the basic power cuircle complex. Even with Ashley's mod it a well you know better than I. 2 spp m,1 sil mine L,3 Crystle fab m,3 Cahoona m,3 Cattle m is a mess. Your Crunch and Ashley's prefabbed sizes with complex calc. closes this mess and with graphics and connections. Is there any way to get you to look in to my compatilaty isseu because I have not seen any one doing what you've done.Thanks Again.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 22:24

There is a problem though. The larger ships have to be undocked by giving it an order or the shipyard docking clamp traps the noise of the ship. Blowing it up.
See? That's the incompatible part I was referring to.

It's not my compatibility issue. Ashley and XTM are incompatible because they overwrite the same entries in the same file. There is no fix for that without serious effort by the respective modders.

My mod is (intentionally =) very flexible with it's files so it would be a simple cut/copy operation to "release" an Ashley + XTM version. Provided there was any kind of compatibility between Ashley and XTM. Which isn't.
Until they fight it out you make a choice. One or the other.

I would suggest going all XTM in your case. If you intent to use the cruncher the only advantage of Ashley's is... fewer factories to buy... and the extended complex hub.
*** Compatible versions will be released shortly (within a few weeks) for all major mods.
That's exactly what I mean.
Chill down, drop off, have a nice cup of tea.
Oooooommmmmmm...
Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 10. May 08, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Balto

Post by Balto » Sat, 10. May 08, 22:34

An XTM compatible version of Ashley's Fabs has been available for quite some time now.
See here

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 22:48

Yes. 6 months ago (the age of this file...) there was such a version. Now? I don't know. Maybe I'll find out this weekend, maybe not.

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 10. May 08, 23:19

Your wright I do want to use the cruncher. So it's no big to start from scratch(only been playing for three weeks and I've started over twice a week. I only built one power cuircle with one of each of the req. 5 station. It was a leasn of better balance complex poduction because I had two dolfin super frieghters to sell but the ai traders eat the complex production alive. Now I'll find a way to get Ashley's hub inthere I'll be good to go. Thanks for the cruncher.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”