[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 20:23

X2-X3-Converter V1.3 EN
The X2-X3-Converter is able to read all data of the player possession from an X² - game and copy it into a text file. This file can be read by the game X³, which then places the objects in the respective positions in the X³-Universe. This procedure may take some time.

With the X2-X3-Converter, the old X2-Empire can be copied to a current X3-Savegame and its management can be continued in this new environment.

[ external image ]
Home of Light, X²
[ external image ]
Home of Light, X³

Convert
To convert, you just put a few script- and textfiles in the respective folders in X² and X³. Then, you start X² and load the data into a logfile using a normal ship command. This will take a while.
Then, you rename the logfile and move it, so the game X³ can read it as a text file. Now you start X³, load the textfile via a ship command and wait until the textfile is unpacked station by station, ship by ship, and the objects are placed at the right locations.

The following data is copied:
  • General
  • Known sectors
  • Police licences, salvage insurances
  • Bank Credits

Stations
  • Hull damage
  • Credits
  • Name

Ships
  • Hull damage
  • Homebase
  • Softwares
  • Pilot/No Pilot?
  • Pilot experience
  • Name
The unpacking cantake up some time. As it only works with one object per second, it will take some time until everything is at the right place. This time can be used for starting the ships, connecting complexes and buying new weapons. My 4900-Object-Empire took 1.5 hours to load..

Download
[ external image ]

X3-X3-Converter V2.5 EN
The X3-X3-Converter is able to read all data of the player possession from an X³ - game and copy it into a text file. This file can be read by the game, which then places the objects in the respective positions in the X³-Universe. This procedure may take some time.

With the X3-X3-Converter, mod users can transfer their savegames from one save to another, one can merge two saves etc.

Convert
To convert, you just put a few script- and textfiles in the respective folders in X³. Then, you start the game and load the data into a logfile using a normal ship command. This will take a while.
Then, you rename the logfile and move it, so the game can read it as a text file. Now you start the game again, load the textfile via a ship command and wait until the textfile is unpacked station by station, ship by ship, and the objects are placed at the right locations.

The following data is copied:
  • General
  • Known sectors
  • Police licences, salvage insurances
  • Bank Credits
  • Race notoriety

Stations
  • Hull damage
  • Credits
  • Name

Ships
  • Hull damage
  • Softwares
  • Pilot/No Pilot?
  • Pilot experience
  • Homebase
  • Simple commands
  • Name
The unpacking can take up some time. As it only works with one object per second, it will take some time until everything is at the right place. This time can be used for starting the ships, connecting complexes etc.

Download
[ external image ]

Plugin for the XTended-Mod v0.6->v0.7
This plugin - plugged into the X3-X3-Converter v2 - converts even the special XTM-ships to the correct ship types in the new game. To do this, first the X3-X3-Converter has to be installed, then this plugin has to be unzipped and the .xml-file moved to the "scripts"-directory, overwriting the old file.

Download
[ external image ]

Copy ships and stations, V1.0 EN
The command copy object is able to create an identical copy of a given player-owned ship or station.

This script is a CHEAT and only a result of the two other scripts. A readme is included.

Download
[ external image ]

Thanks to:
- UniTrader for the knowledge support in creating text-/logfiles.
- Egosoft for X² and X³
- Egosoft für changing all Main- und Subtypes of all ships and stations to a completely confuing new system :twisted: the first points are really meant seriously...

Used resources
X2: (only X2-X3-Converter)
cmd 531
textfile 8758
textpage 8758
logfile 08758

X3:
cmd 628
textfile 8758
textfile 8759
textpage 8758
textpage 8759
logfile 08758 (only X3-X3-converter)

The german script is to be found here.

Keywords: < Savegame Compatibility Converter Saves SymTec ltd. >
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sat, 4. Oct 08, 17:13, edited 4 times in total.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 00:26

WOW!!

Is there any chance we could get an X3-->X3 empire exporter/importer? It would be nice for when I have to restart for the upcoming Xtended .7 release.

al_main
x3

Re: [Script][V1.1][25.02.2007] X2-X3-Converter

Post by al_main » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 00:39

SymTec ltd. wrote:leads to a second version of this software that uses cmd slot 628 for all players that have slot 552 already filled up
As its more of a one-use command you might want to consider switching it to activation from the AL menu and you'd easily get around any command slot issues rather than having to maintain 2 different versions. :wink:

btw: I think alot of people would really love an X3->X3 version. :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 00:55

WOW :o

Cheers Euclid

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 09:06

Well, I might have a look at the AL-menu... does that mod use the same ship and station ware types?

EDIT: I think using the AL-menu is not possible/necessary: The newer version also contains a script that can set stations to new positions, in case the collision detection did not work properly or the stations are right in the fly paths. This script is triggered by the original command as soon as the script has been started once.

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 22:58

Excellent idea SymTec ltd. and one which i'm sure a lot of X2 players are going to thankyou for.

Just one question, in my old X2 empire i had a lot of pirate ships, these ships are no longer in X3 so what will become of them?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 18:00

I think it's some Teladi ship - some kind of vulture, I think. not the best ship in the world, but the old pirate ships weren't, either...

For the ones who are annoyed by the fact that their Demeters go 165m/s etc.: At some point, there will be a new version that does recalculate the needed amount of engine tunings. I don't have anything against faster ships, but I think some people might...

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 10:39

is there any chance of this being used for an X3- X3 conversion?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 12:22

SymTec ltd. is working on a X3->X3-Version ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 15:46

In fact, I am... the X3-X3-converter is way easier to code than the X2-X3-converter, but I am currently working on 4 projects at once, and this one has the second least priority. Sunday, ealiest... :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 12:43

Small Update
*There was a problem so that you couldn't start the Converter in X3 without owning a station. Now, you can also select a ship, and as you should at least have a player ship, you can move this out into space and select it in the command to start the converter.
*all text slots changed to piracy slots

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 13:19

Update: X2-X3-Converter V1.3
* Now really activated collision detect
* Now really activated homebase set

Release: X3-X3-Converter V1.0
* With the X3-X3-Converter, mod users can transfer their savegames from one save to another, one can merge two saves etc.

Release: Copy ships and stations V1.0
* The command copy object is able to create an identical copy of a given player-owned ship or station.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 17:54

On the X3-X3 converter, what happens if you transfer saves across different mods and some of the ships/stations don't exist on the destination save?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 20:27

As long as there is a station using the same main/subtype, there will be no problem. It could happen that your TS is suddenly a TL, but as far as I know, modders move along the normal ship and station slots and therefore there should not be problems.

Stations, however they look like, will keep their products and resources, no matter what mod you are converting from or to.

Phrathum

Post by Phrathum » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 00:03

I was going through the readme when i found this:
Each ship moves to the next station immediately after being created in order to escape from possible enemies.
Does this mean that all my transports will lose their current orders? Or am I just reading something wrong :P
Thanks!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 16:18

Well, first of all, it is nearly impossible to copy all orders correctly. A CLS-Pilot has got dozens of variables and Arrays stored, lists of NPC-Stations that do not even exist in another game, so they are not copied. The script (X3-X3) copies the simple commands (Get ware best, sell ware best, Attack all), and commands like the commercial agent (which works without any other input) or ST/UT. Other commands are not copied, and as ships are always spawned outside of stations, they will just move to the next station and wait for further orders. I suggest naming the ships in a way that you exactly know where they belong to and what they do.

I'm still re-organizing my empire, 2000 ships waiting for new commands. Also, note that even I cannot build a complex... therefore, the wares inside the stations of a complex will multiply ;)

STL

binlabelled
x3tc

X3-X3-Converter

Post by binlabelled » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 10:13

Hi SymTec , cheers for the X3-X3-Converter, the perfect solution to empire woes when playing a new mod. But im having some trouble using it. it says in your read me that ""4. Move to calm/empty sector (optional). In the "special menu" of your playership or every other ship of yours, select option
?X3-X3-Converter?. Select any object and position and then type in "write"."" That done i could find no ?X3-X3-Converter? option under the "special menu" but i did find it under the "piracy menu". So i selected the X3-X3-Converter option it asked for a sector slected that then it asked me to select a station but gives me no stations in the menu to select. also tried running from the script editor with no joy. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 13:50

might be obvious but did you select a sector with staions in it?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 16:26

Yeah, I probably didn't update all readmes - I now changed the command to the piracy slots for better compatibility with other scripts. You have to select a ship or station you own - if you don't have anything else than your playership, move into space and select it. This is necessary so that noone tries to move around things that do not belong to him after the import.

undercover_agent
x4

Post by undercover_agent » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 01:14

Can the X3->X3 converter be used to transfer savegames for the 0.7 patch?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”