[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

skwardj

Post by skwardj » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 08:28

hello
this script looks really useful, but..
i heard when you transfer from vanilla to xtm.7 you dont get new sectors xtm offers
is it true? can i do something with it? i didnt try your script yet

erik nilsson
x3tc

SPK-fil: Where do you draw SPK file?

Post by erik nilsson » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 13:57

Where do you draw SPK file? (It was not where they should be!)

There are two!
X2X3Converter_X2.spk

X2X3Converter_X3.spk

It seems that one should be in the X2 and the other in the x3!
But the wound is not the directory!

erik nilsson
x3tc

When I tried to get it in x3 so I just get error message

Post by erik nilsson » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 15:21

When I tried to get it in x3 so I just get error message:

string null could not be read. storted with next line.

And then it will not go on!

dragongaruda

Post by dragongaruda » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 13:32

i get the exact same message, no idea why though

Danny-boy

Post by Danny-boy » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 01:53

For starters: great mod!

I had the luck of being recently pulled into the x games with X2. Now thanks to this I could finally continue into X3R.

But I have a question:

Did I get it right that the X3-X3 converter DOSEN'T transfer X3R progress to X3TC?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 23:19

Danny-boy wrote:Did I get it right that the X3-X3 converter DOSEN'T transfer X3R progress to X3TC?
Nope, the X3-X3 Coverter doesn't do this. But there is a X3-X3TC-Converter for this purpose. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Danny-boy

Post by Danny-boy » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:26

Alright, thanks for the info!

Didn't notice it on the mod list topic but it's probably just outdated (haven't scrolled throw the last pages):

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96340

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 17:47

ok complete newb here needs help, i activated teh script editor but cant find the special commands...where are they?

EDIT: This mod made my X3 crash...any ideas? I got the log file from X2 but i could only name it '448758.xml.txt'...as i cant change the file type...could this be the issue?

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 23:17

OK im getting pissed off now, ive read through this thread and cant make head nor tail of it, ive read the readme and gotten even more confused...

so can someone give me a baby-step by baby-step guide to using this mod (X2 to X3)...including how to find these bloody special and pirate menus (yes i have enabled SE in both games)

Im not an idiot (i have a certificate to prove it) and have modded other games but this one is a real PITA and i have no idea how to use scripts

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 11:20

bump

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 20:16

I have a question. I tried to run the X3-X3 Converter after instaling XTM, but it doesn't work.

It's asking me for a file called "498758.xml". There is NO such file in my "t" folder. It cannot read the header of the file and mentions the word "null" several times on the in-game log.

When I used the Converter in my previous X3 installation, it created a file called "009880.txt", which I renamed - as the ReadMe instructed me - to "449880.xml" and dropped it in my "t" folder.

Renaming the .xml to the above number is useless, as it won't work either. XTM seems cool and such, but right now I want my empire back up and running.

Any help? I got advice from people to restart and such b/c of the more dangerous sectors, but all my complexes are in safe "Core" and main sectors, and I really don't want to cheat my way to glory.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

wjones

Post by wjones » Mon, 6. May 13, 09:17

OK so I have exported my X2 empire, copied the xml files in place, copied the log file from x2, copied into x3 t directory and renamed it then copied the SPK as 10.dat in my main x3 folder.

I start x3, change my name to Thereshallbewings, move to a sector where I have no stations or ships, then enter the script menu, and run the x2-x3 converter load files. This then gives me the piracy command slot, under which I find the x2-x3 converter decompress which I run and it crashes x3 everytime !

What am I doing worng ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. May 13, 09:55

and renamed it then copied the SPK as 10.dat in my main x3 folder.
Remove that. The .spk is a script archive, which can be installed using the Plugin Manager. It should contain the same files that are already placed in the scripts and t folder of the archive though. It's simply a different way of installing the script and t files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

wjones

Post by wjones » Mon, 13. May 13, 18:39

OK thanks for the suggestion, I removed the 10.dat file, but it still crashes.... any other ideas ?

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 14. May 13, 21:46

Hmmm... the output from x2 looks odd to me..

Heres whats in the log08758.log...
ReadText8758-1
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-2

Forgive me but that doesn't look like XML to me.... what should it look like ?

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 14. May 13, 23:51

OK I got it working... not running the command from X2 properly gave an incorrect log file....

wjones

Post by wjones » Fri, 17. May 13, 21:36

OK Just started X3, and used the x2 - x3 converter to bring across my old ships and stations. but now the sations aren't producing anythig ! yes they have resources, but the production time is set at 1 second, and the resourced needed is [0] !!!

Is this a bug, I can't find any references is to this problem on the net, please help !

starlight2098

Post by starlight2098 » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 16:23

Hello there all. Please let me tell my tale of woe.

I bought the X Series a few Christmases ago via Steam and whilst only playing some of the first game and none of X-Tension, I loved the more full-featured X2: The Threat and played it extensively. Many many hours were played before I got into modding the game and once I downloaded the excellent SymTec X2 Complex Kit mod (which created complexes using Goner transporters, liming the range severely and forcing very tight complexes) I spent an altogether insane amount of time constructing four complexes, the biggest topping out at around five dozen connected stations. It was beautiful.

So, after returning from a break, I finally got around to finishing X2's plot, very, very belatedly and decided to move on to X3: Reunion, since I'd seen this converter before.

After a bit of a struggle, I got it working (I was blowing cobwebs off the X universe part of my brain and moving to a new game) and to my unsurprised horror, the complexes did not properly import. Only the Hubs were there and whilst they had the appropriate ware bays, they did nothing. Essentially just trade stations. (Though at least I still had my Titan and Python, looking very nice. Though all carrier-based fighters had vanished.)

So, I took a deep breath and went back to X2, manually unhooked every station, costing a fortune and taking hours of RSI-inducing work, undocked every fighter from ships and reassigned them to stations, got everything tidied up and ready. Fuelled all jumpships, packed extra weapons.

I run the converter again. Everything seems fine. All the stations are present, as are the ships. I play for a while, getting weapons re-fitted and ships out of danger. I start to figure out how complexes work in X3... and then I notice my complexes aren't working, I look around my assets and realise something.

None of my stations are producing anything, regardless of stock levels. Not one, whether they were previously connected to a complex or not. In their resource fields, I also noticed that the amount needed field for every resource has been set to zero [0], whilst the 'resources required' display below the production counter also remains at 0%.

Does anyone have any theories? Have I obviously done something wrong? Has time and version numbers broken the converter?

I would really love it if there were just something I'd missed. Because that's rather a lot of asset that not longer functions and many hours of loving empire building, which doesn't feel like it should have vanished between X2 and X3. Hours of math and TL management reduced to clutter.

Worst case is that I run the converter again pre-unhooking, but with more work done to preserve my fighters. So I'll at least start with two destroyers, a TL, a dozen M3's, a handful of M6's and many TS. Which is not so bad, but is not my mighty trade empire, but rather a hollow shell. I'll actually have to go around shooting my own stations (apart from 1 per system, which I shall rename "Sensor Platform / Ship Depot / Waystation." just to reduce clutter in my assets tab.

So erm. Heeeeeeelp! Please help!

Thanks for reading.

TLDR:
X2-X3 Converter, despite being wonderful, broke my stations. They always say they have 0% of needed resources but also claim to need [0] resources to operate. I'm sad for my big complexes.
"It's easy to be miserable, being happy is tougher - and cooler." - Thom Yorke

seppii
x4

Post by seppii » Mon, 28. Oct 13, 23:00

Hi how did you fix it, I have the same problem

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 18:59

Seppii

Do you have the problem where you can't import your x2 data ?

Or do you have the follow on problem where your stations aren't running in X3 ??

Let me know buddy, I can help with both !

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”