[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 03:03

Sim108,

Yeah that's a typo (49 vs 44) because it was a German developed script.

As far as the F302. You'll need to use the PM to install it back to your new XTM savegame.

As far as the "disabled" issue that usually means a bad install, but you said it is working yes?

Sim108

Post by Sim108 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 11:32

yes, the scripts are working.. ie Advjump, FCS_MK3, etc

i uninstall the ship and installed it again.. but nothing happened... same how the XTM is blocking it.. oh and it is also blocking the script editor, i can not open it...

oh btw.. about the converter, yes it convert my ships and items, but it didnt convert my ship upgrades (engine, cargo and rudder). is that normal??

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 15:48

Sim108,

I don't know where you got the F302 from it just may not be compatible. See if you can buy a new one from it's associated shipyard. New ones may be okay just bad imported ones.

Here's a link at TXU for compatible ships.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=10933

As far as the other issues, they shouldn't be happening if you have a good clean install.

As far as the upgrades, yes that is normal, shields are there, they just get uninstalled for some reason. If any upgrades are missing you can put them back using LV cheats.

Sim108

Post by Sim108 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 16:40

i got the F302 and scripts from Cycrow's web site.

Sim108

Post by Sim108 » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 00:33

for some reason, the log8758.txt doesnt save in the X3R dir.. well it just doesnt save, at all.........
looking at the log, it says "x2-x3 convert start".. im not using X2, im playing X3R.. now im not shore if it is a script error or a t error..

i did try to copy the scripts back in but it still the same... maybe it is to do with vista..

can anyone help me?

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 15:56

im having problems with this mod also.
after finnaly getting the Xtended mod working i tried to get my empire back by using this script.

it seems to write fine , i followed the instructions for putting the 8758 file into the T file and renamed it ect
but when it come to the read bit i get the error message

null - header could not be read correctly
string - read text 8758 - 1

then the message

2 - there was a problem in line read text 8759 - 2
- string null could not be read. started with next line.

then i left it for over an hour and nothing happened :(

*edit* i started xtm with the otas outcast start if that makes any difference

any ideads where im going wrong?

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 19:30

Just some options for you:

1) The X2 reference is normal because the converter was built for X2 and then modified for X3. Some of the parts that are run are actually still the X2 parts and have the original text.

2) For many write/read issues, they start with bad savegames or bad current X3R/XTM installs. The savegame you WRITE has to be clean, and it makes a diff what you are trying to convert. Are you trying to convert a Vanilla X3R game or an already saved XTM game.

The normal sequence involves trying to convert an old X3R vanilla game into a new XTM start. If you have saved over that X3R game with XTM loaded, it may not work because it is no longer vanilla, if it works at all because you can't run old saves directly into XTM.

See if you can ensure that you have a clean vanilla savegame, maybe from backup files. If you are able, run that game in a X3R Vanilla install and try the converter. If it works, the log08758.txt can be reused whenever needed.

3) The other problem that sometimes happens is the txt file does not get saved in the proper format. Open it with a txt editor that allows you to ensure the encoding type is UTF-8. You may have to resave it with the proper coding.

4) If you open the text file you should be able to find all your assets, if there are none or many missing, it didn't write properly to start with. You'll have to go back and fix that before you worry about reading it.

5) If you are trying to convert an XTM save you'll probably have to add Symtech's XTM plugin to convert the XTM ships that are now part of that save. The same may be needed if you saved a vanilla game while in XTM running.

6)Finally, if you are running VISTA, there have been problems with Vista either putting the output somewhere else or not allowing access to it (protected). Try a file search for the text file and maybe you'll see where Vista put it. Also make sure you are logged into vista with the proper permissions (admin etc) in order to access all files/folders/permissions.

Hope any of this helps, if you try again tell someone further details and we'll usually try to drill down a solution for you.

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 13:51

quote -
3) The other problem that sometimes happens is the txt file does not get saved in the proper format. Open it with a txt editor that allows you to ensure the encoding type is UTF-8. You may have to resave it with the proper coding.

I think this might be the problem. originally i tryied to save it on an xtm install - got the error
so i got my vanilla version of x3r back and the old saves from before i started trying to install XTM and tried again - same error.

the only odd thing is the file in 't' looks like a text file(notepad icon) still instead of the others that have like a circle/world with a few lines underneath for the icon.

by text editor do u mean something like microsoft word?

inside the file my empire does seem to be all there, with lots of gibberish and some eligable words that seem to correspond to my empire lol.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 14:39

nobby375,

Yep that's a def prob with file format.

Use notepad or something similar.

When you open a .txt or .xml file in notepad, one of the top lines should look similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

If it doesn't do a save-as and notepad will give you a prompt box that shows the encoding format, just make sure it is UTF-8.

****What probably happened is when you renamed the .txt file to .xml, you didn't actually allow the change to be made.

Take a copy of the log08758.txt and RENAME it, don't try to re-save it. When you attempt to rename it, it will warn you that if you change the extension it might be unusable. Make sure you say yes to allow the change.

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 21:57

Spoids to the rescue once again :D

that fettled it cheers dude. got most of my empire back, now just need to stick all the stations back together into complexes and sort out thier traders

a wierd thing with the HQ tho. it was inside a mammoth so got a free mammoth, downside is it was filled with wares ive lost but thats no biggie.

another wierd bug is all my big ships have had thier 1g shields removed, they r in the frieght bay but i cant equip em
only way round is to dock at a split EQ dock, sell and buy em back.

im gonna try the complex cleaner while i put my complexes back together to polish things up also :)

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 22:15

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain but better than starting from scratch.

Hint Hint...if you use LVCheats to put back what you already earned it isn't cheating.

Its just that temptation that LVCheats can do so much more.......

DON'T SELL.....

Drop your HQ where you want it.....dock each ship....reassign shields and they are good to go.

eesu

Awesome

Post by eesu » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 00:20

I just found this after searching for days to find something to help me (this thread should be a sticky).

I came across my old DVD and felt like playing again, wanted to try XTM but use my old "empire" (kinda small but still alot of hours into it).

My old save games were screwed, there were many sectors that if I visited them, the game would CTD, probably be cause of some script I had installed or custom ships from back in the day.

The script works great, except ALL my ships lost their engine tunings and my PHQ lost its blueprints (arrow, xenon lx, l, etc, few khaak ships, eclipse).

I found the error with engine tunings int he script. In the file "plugin.stl.x3.hardware" it looks as if he makes special case for the cargo bay, rudder, engine tunings stuff and gives them 3 characters in the string.

Well in the list, engine tunings is $i = 27

In the exceptions at the bottom of the list, he uses the number $i == 28

This happens twice at the bottom, once for the write to log condition and once to the read from log condition.

If you change both to 27 it works perfectly. Now to just figure out how to give me my blueprints back.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 04:38

It looks like you have more scripting knowledge than me,

but from what I have read the reason the blueprints may be lost is because in order to save your PHQ it has to be packed and re-dropped. It then is a clean new PHQ.

I believe it is the same issue with copying a PHQ, it will not "activate" as the in-game copy because it has not been "dropped" IAW with the hardcode engine and Bonus scripts.

But I could be totally wrong too..... :roll:

eesu

Post by eesu » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 11:04

You are correct, I read through the whole thread.

I just mean figure out a way with LV's Cheats perhaps to give myself back the blueprints I lost.

Really, I just want my Arrow and Eclipse Blueprints.

Getting the arrow the first time was pure luck to stumble on one a pirate had attacked, free salvage for me. The eclipse was just as rare, except now in XTM it looks like Eclipse's (my favoritest ship of all time) are more common and outpowered by alot of the new ships they added.

XTM is alot harder than vanilla was.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 14:29

Well I did come across this, already loaded in the Script Editor.
The currently available commands in the SE for blueprints are

Code: Select all

add blueprints to player HQ: type=<Var>
<RetVar/if> player HQ has blueprints for: type=<Var>
remove blueprints from player HQ: type=<Var>
There is also a Add Blueprints to BBS script if you want to go that route and hope for the Arrow to come up.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... nt&start=0

Gobotron2030
x2

X2-X3 Converter help plz

Post by Gobotron2030 » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 08:35

Hi I'm trying to convert my X2 empire to X3Reunion. Using the Xplugin manager I install the spk files into X2 and X3 respectivley. When in X2 I type Thereshallbewings and I get the modified confirmation in the corner but I can't find a piracy menu or special menu . I tried docking in a station and autosaving with script enabled but when I reload the script enabled autosave X2 stops responding.

Any help would be much appreciated the chance to ressurect my X2 empire is one i don't want to miss.
I'm using X2 1.5 and X3Reunion 2.5 using XP SP3.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 13:45

Forum rules expect questions to be asked in appropriate threads. ***Merged***

Gobotron2030
x2

Post by Gobotron2030 » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 15:35

Sorry I didn't know. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated.

What if i can't get any help beause this thread went cold a month ago and the project seems to have been abandoned anyhow and nobody notices my question as its at the end of a very long thread and i've noticed in going through the thread that several requests for assistance were ignored as the thread seems to have mutated in to a scripting discussion. Wouldn't I be bettter off starting a new thread that directs possible solution providers towards my specific problem as there may be forum regulars that know the answer but just don't check that mod thread every day as it went cold a long long time ago? Still I'll try this as it'll atl least keep the boards tidy.

Where is this "special" menu is it in with the navigation trade and combat menus?

EDIT Nevermind I found the answer was old Kri'me SDS scrpits. I went back and reinstalled X2 to 1.4 with the bonus pack but not Kri'me SDS (droppped of the scene before the bonus pack so I had SDS installed before I noticed the bonus plugins) any way the converter showed up in the Special Commands menu in X2 and the converter was in the piracy menu in X3 after enabling the Script manager. I used the stationkick script to get my stations going again and now all I have to do is reassign my transports and get going again.

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Fri, 27. Nov 09, 19:28

I have a problem: my savegame doesn't run anymore, and I'm trying to find out why.
But since it's mostly compromised, I wanted to start a new - and possibly - final new game, which won't be touched forever.

However, if I've understood correctly, I need to create a .txt file which collects data of what I have. Correct?
So, if the savedgame doesn't work, it's all useless, uh? :(

Lawnor

Post by Lawnor » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 11:54

Ive just finished x2 and have tried importing my empire into x3 reunion and it works fine, except none of my stations work anymore. Looking at the details page on the stations it appears they all think they require [0] products of each type to run. They know what products they want but the number under each product is listed as [0]. Anyone know what i can do about this? I am running on windows 7 and i dont know if that will affect how this process works at all. When I have more time I will try earning enough to build a new factory to see if that works and i will try exporting from X2 again too.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”