[Mod] Roguey's X3 Mod (v3.3 released)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What would you like to see in future releases?

Poll ended at Mon, 7. May 07, 02:24

More BBS content (missions/quests)
26%
More sectors
9%
More capital ships
26%
More M6/6+/7 class ships
13%
More fighter class (M3 to M5) ships
22%
Nothing more, I'm with the way it is
4%

Total votes: 23

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 04:04

Wow 7.5km i was quite lucky then as by the time they were in comunication range i was asking the crew if they would like to surrender.

I was going head on waiting for the PPC`s or HEPT fire so i could strafe and do a few fly by`s,i was just making sure all the guns and turrets were set when at 4km i took a hit,i did slide to the left and got hit again,it was at this point i realised i was in big trouble so i turned away to try get out of range as i had the ship upto 205 (speed) by over tunning and i didnt realise it went to 7.5km,i did also try jumping out to another sector but i was pretty much dead within a matter 5-6 hits.

I really wasnt expecting it and my post was literally straight after i was killed.

It just leaves me with the question " whats that beam going to do to a khaak ship" thats now going to be taking direct fire for a hell of a long time before it gets in range.

Somthing else for me to test. :D

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 13:12

It sounds like it took you by surprise, maybe your be a little more careful now? :P

Hopefully you should find the beam runs out the laser energy quickly. Once this happens the other capital ship should be able to store shields and continuously fire with PPC's. You could call this a anti-corvette gun. Originally I wanted to make a beam weapon like in freespace 2.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 00:43

Just a quick note:

Khaak start
High tech Khaak fabs: On reload they dont have tubes as a product and when the fab has the required resources to run it only produces computer components and no microchips.

I was having a play about with some complex ideas when i came across this problem.

------------------
In reply to the last post about that beam,while i dont like it, i do believe its needed as its way to easy in any version of x3 to take out capitol ships with a M6 or M7 so this new beam of yours adds a good bit of balance to the game as now i cant go in and clean out an entire sector with an M6/M7 :P

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 07:13

hey roguey how do u install this mod right i tryed but for the AL plugin it just says readme text 9991,9992... and so on i have no idea what im turning on/off or if the mod even installed right any help???

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 16:17

This probably will sound stupid but make sure you select Roguey`s mod package from the initial load screen,you do this by clicking "select mod package".
It will have Roguey x3 v3 highlight that and click select then start the game.

Sorry if this dosnt help but i had a similar problem when trying to use rogueys mod but using a different package.

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 20:50

ok thx for the reply ill try it out it might mix the problem :P

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 12:26

zdan30 wrote:High tech Khaak fabs: On reload they dont have tubes as a product and when the fab has the required resources to run it only produces computer components and no microchips..
Well there isnt much I can do about that apart from splitting up the station. The code for the station is hard coded, so I cant change it.
ShadowRouge wrote:hey roguey how do u install this mod right i tryed but for the AL plugin it just says readme text 9991,9992... and so on i have no idea what im turning on/off or if the mod even installed right any help???
Readtext are caused normally because the language file wasnt found. The files are inside the mod, so X3 must not be seeing the mod.
Check the selected 'mod package' in X3 - like zdan30 said.

Mike7495

My custom ships

Post by Mike7495 » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 12:59

Hi Roguey,
The mod looks awesome!!! Thanks for all the hard work.

m249guy
x3tc

Post by m249guy » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 06:12

Howdy.
I am having trouble with the download link at this URL http://x3.roguey.co.uk/x3mod/downloads.php
I am wondering if this is going to be fixed or if you would be able to provide an alternate download link. Thanks
The mod looks great!!!

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 18:26

hi there,

sorry about that, I didnt realise the download links needed fixing. A few days ago I moved the X2, X3 and TC sites internally (one of the few reasons is for TNBT sites).

I have updated the link(s) on the X3 and TC mods. So it would work now.

thanks for letting me know.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 12. May 11, 12:57

hi there,

I have started working on v3.4 of the X3 mod. This maybe the last update to this X3 mod. So I am wondering if there are any scripters or modellers who would like to add or make any new content for the mod. I know that X3 modders are rare now. I also like to see if anyone interested in a new version of the mod.

In v3.4 I have updated classic rules - NetHawk's testing/advice has help me re-balance some issues.

NetHawk
x4

Post by NetHawk » Tue, 24. May 11, 16:12

Hey Everyone!
So, 3.4 is in the making, slowly, but steadily.
there is no complete list of features right now, but there are some great ideas floating around.
So why am I writing this here?
Well there are a few things. For one, I encourage everyone to drop by, say hello, test the 3.3 version and tell us what you're missing, what you'd like to see done, etc.
Another thing is, we're looking for new station and ship models, so I'm asking modelers for their permission to use their models in the mod.
If you are a modeler and would like to share your work, just post below, or send me a PM :D

Everyone is welcome to contribute, be it ideas, scripts, models, critics, stories, BBS missions or just a friendly word.

Contact goes as allways, either PM me or Roguey here, post on
http://forum.roguey.co.uk
join us on IRC either from your own client or
http://roguey.co.uk/chat

Ok that's it for now, have fun folks :D

Ixxus

X3 R bala gi mission if goner?

Post by Ixxus » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 16:01

ok so i check all the boxes to be able to do the bala gi mission set but havn't recieved the messege yet??? im currently useing rougeys mod along with the official 2.5 update and playing as a goner am i still elegiable for the mission set? :?

{Ask in the thread of the mod. That is a S&M Forum Rule. Merged. jlehtone}

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 17:17

Reading through some post of this topic and through Roguey's Mod FAQ nothing suggests that you cannot get the HQ in this mod. As you seem to have all necessary assets, I wonder if your relations to the Boron, Split and Paranid are good enough? As described in this FAQ article:
You need to have a good reputation with the Boron and must not be an enemy of the Split or Paranid.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Turnus
x4

[X3R] Roguey's mod

Post by Turnus » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 05:23

OKAY. EPIC mod, love it.. Just the slight problem of I CAN'T for the life of me find a universe map with the 71+ sectors added on... any help?

{Merged, cf. Forum Rules. jlehtone}

Turnus
x4

Re: [X3R] Roguey's mod

Post by Turnus » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 01:07

Turnus wrote:OKAY. EPIC mod, love it.. Just the slight problem of I CAN'T for the life of me find a universe map with the 71+ sectors added on... any help?

{Merged, cf. Forum Rules. jlehtone}
Lol found it in the zip. Gotta stop doing this installation stuff at 2 in the morning. :oops:

ntweedie2007
x4

Saved games WITH Roguey's mod v3.3!

Post by ntweedie2007 » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 23:59

As the title says im looking for saved games, but the onli ones ive found are for the vanilla game and wont work (seemingly) with Rogueys awesome mod.

If anyone has some saved games with his mod enabled please reply!

Thx :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 21:02

As per S&M posting rules, questions about a script / mod should be asked in its respective thread.

***Merged***

Roguey is still around, so you might have some luck, if you ask him via PM. You could also try asking in his own forum. The link should be in the first post of this topic.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Rogey mod with egosoft rules Hyperion extrtacation

Post by Free Trade Inn » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 21:16

Simple question. I have the M6 Nemesis at a ship yard and I cant decide if i want to repair it or sell it and get a better ship to extract the Hyperion.
Its not just the extraction but then having a more usable ship afterwards.

What would be your choice and why?

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 23:15

Also there is mention of :khaak: M3+ so can I buy a :split: M3+ and where?

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”